Jump to content


Ranked Battles What a Joke


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

JEAGER_MADDOG #1 Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:05 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11082 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    02-24-2018

4 times got to one chevron away from 15 and all of a sudden back down to 12. Usual times, afternoon and evenings. I bet 100 Gold that Illegal Hacking Mods are in Pay due to the nature of damage & kills against me. Even Sixth Sense did not even activate. What a Joke I'm Afraid, WG really need to sort this out. Before you say you cannot use illegal hack mods then best you use Google. I play fair but the mechanics is so wrong

 

Sorry for the rant



ValkyrionX #2 Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:18 PM

    Major

  • Moderator
  • 54672 battles
  • 2,717
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostJEAGER_MADDOG, on 17 November 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

4 times got to one chevron away from 15 and all of a sudden back down to 12. Usual times, afternoon and evenings. I bet 100 Gold that Illegal Hacking Mods are in Pay due to the nature of damage & kills against me. Even Sixth Sense did not even activate. What a Joke I'm Afraid, WG really need to sort this out. Before you say you cannot use illegal hack mods then best you use Google. I play fair but the mechanics is so wrong

 

Sorry for the rant

 

As for a potential use of illegal mods or third party programs that allow illegal advantages, writing it on the forum is of no use.

If you suspect that your opponent  , or your ally , is using any illegal modifications you should contact the support service and attach the replay of the game on which you suspect.

 

 

As far as the ranked advancement system is concerned, it is a more complex issue and certainly can be freely subject to criticism.



Homer_J #3 Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32930 battles
  • 36,133
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
I don't see how a mere 50% mortal player would expect to do well in ranked.  If they do then it's a failure IMO.

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:10 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9315 battles
  • 6,613
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Okay, so maybe some people did use illegal modifications to get to where they got.

You do realise that we'll soon have another banwave right?

Where most of them will get rekt.

 

And if you realise that it is a joke, why do you even play it?



wEight_Tanker #5 Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11545 battles
  • 1,366
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016
I stopped playing after getting to Rank 6. LOL

Xandania #6 Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:18 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44057 battles
  • 1,783
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 17 November 2019 - 09:34 PM, said:

I don't see how a mere 50% mortal player would expect to do well in ranked.  If they do then it's a failure IMO.


Especially as many of the worse players (like me) don't even participate - makes for an even harsher climate ^^



Stevies_Team #7 Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14810 battles
  • 1,621
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Barely ever look at Tier 10

 

T-O-X-I-C



chainreact0r #8 Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:41 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34988 battles
  • 527
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

View PostStevies_Team, on 18 November 2019 - 02:45 AM, said:

Barely ever look at Tier 10

 

T-O-X-I-C

Dude. The only reason people hate tier 10 is cause they aren't good enough to perform well cause that's where most of the good players are.

And if the best players wouldn't be attracted by tier 10 as they are now, you would eat constant sh*t in the tier 6-8 tanks or whatever you love so much right now, from sealclubbing unicums in e-25s, defenders and what not, and actually quit the game.

And i'm not talking here about the general garbage seal clubber with 60% wr in t67 and 45% in his tier 10s. I'm talking about the real deal, the players which will effectively turn the battle from 15v15 into 1v1 or 2v2 or whatever number of unicums end up on which team, the rest of his teammates and enemies are effectively bots.



TankkiPoju #9 Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:21 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23978 battles
  • 7,428
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

In retrospective I had more fun playing ranked than regular tier 10 games. IMHO it comes down to what tanks you play.

 

Batchat worked well enough especially in 3rd division, and T100 LT was just superior. I ended in 2nd division with a winrate of 65% in T100 LT and ~120% chev efficiency. 3.5k combined damage and assist.

 

Most games had only 1 light tank per side as people seemed to avoid playing them, so vision games were quite easy. I would have done LT-15 for Obj260 three times in 40 games, too bad it doesnt count in ranked and I still need to do it in randoms :)

 

But I would guess most people playing heavies (even 279e or Chieftains) or out of meta mediums have a terrible time in ranked. Batchat isn't very meta either, but at least it has deadly clip which is good in securing chevrons in late game.

 


Edited by TankkiPoju, 18 November 2019 - 08:25 AM.


vonadnan #10 Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:05 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 30053 battles
  • 137
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostTankkiPoju, on 18 November 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

In retrospective I had more fun playing ranked than regular tier 10 games. IMHO it comes down to what tanks you play.

 

Batchat worked well enough especially in 3rd division, and T100 LT was just superior. I ended in 2nd division with a winrate of 65% in T100 LT and ~120% chev efficiency. 3.5k combined damage and assist.

 

Most games had only 1 light tank per side as people seemed to avoid playing them, so vision games were quite easy. I would have done LT-15 for Obj260 three times in 40 games, too bad it doesnt count in ranked and I still need to do it in randoms :)

 

But I would guess most people playing heavies (even 279e or Chieftains) or out of meta mediums have a terrible time in ranked. Batchat isn't very meta either, but at least it has deadly clip which is good in securing chevrons in late game.

 

I actually played this for fun, believe it or not, even little bit experimenting with tanks that are really out of meta (E100 with 128 mm) and last weekend got "serious" so played Bobject and Kranvagn. Did ok, and last night played last session before bed, took S.Qonq, by God I could not loose a chevron, maybe it was last effort for some not so good players, but it did very, very good. Now that u mention lights, I was thinking about 13 105, but that S.Q made me play it all the time.. I will definitely give it a try next round or season..






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users