• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #41 Posted 19 November 2019 - 12:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30766 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostGeno1isme, on 19 November 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

That only applies when you have players with similar number of battles per day that started at the same time. The MM didn't care if you needed 100 or 500 battles for your rank. Also very good (and/or dedicated) players finished the mode long before the end and therefore dropped out of the MM queue.

Yes but based on what you just said wouldn't that translate into ending up playing against players of your own level? Since lots of really good players raced through it and were no longer there anymore? Thus some sort of balanced order eventually throughout the various divisions? Good ascends, gooderererer ascends faster, bad ascends slowly or stays where they are, that sort of thing?

demon_tank #42 Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27367 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

Bronze league just like previous season although i improved my ratio a bit from 63,36% to 68,23% this season. Less than 6,9% away from getting Silver league.

I just wasnt consistent enough and didnt use my daily boosters after i got to the leagues to improve for Silver which is the highest i can realistically go.

Gold is just out of reach for me.

I dont mind the Ranked system , gameplay and meta. Its still more enjoyable & interesting than Frontline.

I would change though the chevrons in the winning team which i would extend to 12 players getting chevrons from 10 that it is currently. I find the fact that 5 players (1/3 of the team) not getting a chevron in the winning team is utter BS.

Also the XP system needs rework and the "Roles" thing needs to be dropped. Its limiting to gameplay and creativity.

N00BT00B #43 Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51882 battles

Got to level 2, rank 10 or something. got sick of spending nights on end losing losing losing then winning back to just below where I started the evening.

one thing is for sure, after losing a few chevrons and being cowed into 'not playing' then you get handed a roflstomp win where suddenly you are at the back being careful and don't get a chevron.

Bloody worse rigging than randoms.

..And 'skill-based'? Rubbish, it's about who has played more. I was still seeing chieftains and 279e in the final two days, plus when you get put into battles with people way in front or behind you in rank.

edit: And spotting in a light means jackshit in terms of xp. 3.5 k spotting and tracking gives you 100xp, damage is king, so don't bother trying to help your team by spotting.

Edited by N00BT00B, 19 November 2019 - 08:14 PM.

24doom24 #44 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8715 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
won a game and then lost two in a row. I'm not going to sacrifice brain cells over a gamemode infested with chieftains and an unholy amount of gold spam/ HE spamming 60TP.

Geno1isme #45 Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48535 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 November 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

Yes but based on what you just said wouldn't that translate into ending up playing against players of your own level?

Nope. In Qualification and Division 3 and 2 at least you'll fight against players of the whole spectrum. Yes, many good/dedicated players will race through the initial divisions in the first week, but that automatically means that good players starting later will have to fight with/against mainly against not so good players. At the same time not so good players that invest a lot of time at the start and therefore rank up rather fast will soon face mainly better players, and due to safe ranks they won't be pushed down to their own level again. And keep in mind that "good player facing not so good player" always automatically means "not so good player facing good player".

That whole chevron+rank system is a huge pile of crap in that context.

And obviously the whole "good, better, bad, ..." is rather subjective: Is a player who is mainly focusing on securing chevrons "better" than one that mainly focuses on winning by all means?

Edited by Geno1isme, 20 November 2019 - 11:13 AM.

demon_tank #46 Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27367 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

View PostGeno1isme, on 20 November 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

And obviously the whole "good, better, bad, ..." is rather subjective: Is a player who is mainly focusing on securing chevrons "better" than one that mainly focuses on winning by all means?

Thats a different issue. 

Performance or how a player behaves in a single battle with how good a player is are 2 different things.

A 500 wn8 bot and a 3000 wn8 unicum will have different results if they both try to secure a chevron.

the_nebuchadnezzar #47 Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55226 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View Postm00h, on 18 November 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

This doesn't make sense, you only enter one of the leagues if you completed all divisions.

What you mean most likely is rank 6 in division 1, without completing and entering the leagues.

You're right. I didn't get into any division. I meant to say I reached rank 6 in the third stage after qualifications. Hope I made myself understood thos time. 

demon_tank #48 Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27367 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 20 November 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

You're right. I didn't get into any division. I meant to say I reached rank 6 in the third stage after qualifications. Hope I made myself understood thos time. 

How dare you.

Im offended.

Raported.

FatOldQuinn #49 Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34719 battles
  • [WTBT] WTBT

Division 1, rank 7.

Went up to the rank above pretty easy with about a week to finish the whole thing (was aiming for bronze). Since then, I was stuck at that rank for couple of days, just to drop to rank 0 division 1 in the end :) After i reached my peak, there was not a single evening, where I would have positive winrate, all ended up with about 35%WR tops. :)

My overall WR in rankeds was about 10-11% lower than my general WR, so I guess I was on  the unlucky side of MM :)

Better luck next time, I hope..

Also tagged with Ranked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users