Swedish TD's

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Head_has_Exploded #1 Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 423 battles
Nowt wrong with them, but for those that have them,how do you play them successfully when the map rotations are unkind to you?

Spurtung #2 Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75056 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
Like any other turretless TD? Patiently.

Warzey #3 Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 60682 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

View PostFarQ2, on 18 November 2019 - 01:56 AM, said:

Nowt wrong with them, but for those that have them,how do you play them successfully when the map rotations are unkind to you?

Thing is that almost every map has some position where you can put enough distance between yourself and enemies. Swedish TDs are very stealthy so you can be more flexible with sniping positions compared to other TDs. The issue is that on bad maps you'll only have a few sniping positions and you're crapout of luck if enemies decide not to come your way. You can also be creative and use some weird bushes when your allies secure a certain part of the map, or course you'll need a solid map knowledge and very good understanding of spotting mechanics. 

As for the general play style you want to play defensive at all times. Based on your team deployment you want to pick a weaker flank and support those tanks. If enemies realize that they have an upper hand on the flank they'll play more aggressively which means you can get more shots in. If that flank falls you're quick and invisible enough to pull back, but if they win your stealthiness allows you to take a more aggressive supporting positions. 

Edited by Warzey, 18 November 2019 - 05:13 AM.

Chuwt #4 Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41017 battles
I am not sure if you are talking about the whole line, or just the cheesewedges. On crowded maps, the later can be used as mediums or even lights..at close range, there is no need to go to siege mode to hit, a panicked enemy will often bounce a shot or two and your gun is powerful enough to deal damage: the side or rear of a enemy top tier heavy is tempting indeed to these, your fast turn will often get you in position to take your shot before they can turn a turret to face. 

Head_has_Exploded #5 Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 423 battles
Ok thank you for your advice guys, I read the in game vehicles section and there was not much good said about them,still undecided  but thank you anyway.

fwhaatpiraat #6 Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60163 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I only have the premium tier 8 (and the regular tier 6). With the tier 8 it really depends on the mm. If I'm top tier I can play much more agressively and even bounce shots. As bottom tier it's most important to stay unspotted (= at range). Ofcourse you can camp base in these things, extremely boring. These things can be played more actively, but it requires a skilled player and knowledge of maps and tank parameters (like view range, caliber, etc.).

Edit: an inexperienced player won't have fun with these things I reckon. Rather go for something like T28 prototype or Charioteer, I think.

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 18 November 2019 - 05:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users