Jump to content


Another chieftain/279 thread


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

aps1 #1 Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:21 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25537 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-06-2012


hey. So now ranked is over and just wanted to put this idea out there. One of my last battles I watched 4 of my team. SC/obj705a/the obj td that was over powered it forgot hits name/onj140.anyway these 4 players just sat round the corner trading shots with the 279, none of them wanted to move as set back behind and hiden was bat chat 25 and another td but after a while the 279 was still on full health  after bouncing all the shots and the 4 tanks fighting it was rapidly losing Heath. 
I decided to flank the 279( the map was steps east side) so over the mound I went and I took 2 hits from the bat chat and a bounce from the td hidden at the back(I was in 430u) I git behind behind the rock formation from these two tanks and then started to work on the 279, he ignored me for the first few shots then turned to me. I got the kill and I was left with very low hp. The other four continued to enjoy the rest of the game while I was very tentative. I got a shevron but I could have done better. 
so my point is this. Given the nature of these two tanks and a percentage of your team will just back away and let others fight them should you get more exp for killing these two tanks? 
these tanks are in the game and I kind of get why, they are not going to remove or nerf them but is it reasonable if you take on these tanks while others just sit back and hope you win you should get a little thanks for it in extra exp?

any one got any thoughts? 



TungstenHitman #2 Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:25 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 30766 battles
  • 6,065
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

So you're playing an OP 430U and complain about other tanks being OP that should be nerfed? Well, that's a first lol.  

 

 

 

 


Edited by TungstenHitman, 18 November 2019 - 10:27 AM.


UrQuan #3 Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:31 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21638 battles
  • 7,338
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

Your observation isn't unique to the Cheiftain/Obj 279. It tends to encompass alot of the armored tanks when played well. 

 

In short; people really don't like getting shot, to the point they can lose situations that they could easily win if they just took the risk. But who wants to go first? Nobody likes to get shot for others their benefit. In the end what you did secured you a chevron. If you didn't, chances are the armored tank would have mauled your team & you lost a chevron (or stayed neutral)

 

As armored tanker I often take advantage of people's unwillingness to be shot, giving me the ability to hold out against superior numbers rather easy at times.

The extra XP you already get in the form of a win. You'd be surprised how many folks steer towards a loss by their unwillingness to take a shot to force an armored tank back. Armored tanks usually do pretty bad when you can shoot m from multiple sides (other tanks can use their mobility to get out fast but most armored tanks lack the speed to do so)


Edited by UrQuan, 18 November 2019 - 11:03 PM.


aps1 #4 Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:35 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25537 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-06-2012

View PostUrQuan, on 18 November 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

Your observation isn't unique to the Cheiftain/Obj 279. It tends to encompass alot of the armored tanks when played well. 

 

In short; people really don't like getting shot, to the point they can lose situations that they could easily win if they just took the risk. But who wants to go first? Nobody likes to get shot for others their benefit. In the end you did securing you a chevron. If you didn't chances are the Object would have mauled the team & you lost a chevron (or stayed neutral)

 

As armored tanker I often take advantage of people's unwillingness to be shot giving me the ability to hold out against superior numbers rather easy at times.

The extra XP you already get in the form of a win. You'd be surprised how many folks steer towards a loss by their unwillingness to take a shot to force an armored tank back. Armored tanks usually do pretty bad when you can shoot m from multiple sides (other tanks can use their mobility to get out fast but most armored tanks lack the speed to do so)

 

That’s a fair point. Just putting an idea out there. It would also encourage the team to go after these tanks, rather then leave them to others. It’s similar to the type 5 situation before the nerf but players where more inclined to fight the type 5 as it has weak spots. 

09:37 Added after 2 minute

View PostTungstenHitman, on 18 November 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

So you're playing an OP 430U and complain about other tanks being OP that should be nerfed? Well, that's a first lol.  

 

 

 

 


you obviously didn’t read my post right, I said I get why they are in the game and they are not going to be nerfed. The 430 is over powered against lower tiers but not so much in ranked. 



TomatoShooter #5 Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:46 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1116 battles
  • 242
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

View Postaps1, on 18 November 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:


hey. So now ranked is over and just wanted to put this idea out there. One of my last battles I watched 4 of my team. SC/obj705a/the obj td that was over powered it forgot hits name/onj140.anyway these 4 players just sat round the corner trading shots with the 279, none of them wanted to move as set back behind and hiden was bat chat 25 and another td but after a while the 279 was still on full health  after bouncing all the shots and the 4 tanks fighting it was rapidly losing Heath. 
I decided to flank the 279( the map was steps east side) so over the mound I went and I took 2 hits from the bat chat and a bounce from the td hidden at the back(I was in 430u) I git behind behind the rock formation from these two tanks and then started to work on the 279, he ignored me for the first few shots then turned to me. I got the kill and I was left with very low hp. The other four continued to enjoy the rest of the game while I was very tentative. I got a shevron but I could have done better. 
so my point is this. Given the nature of these two tanks and a percentage of your team will just back away and let others fight them should you get more exp for killing these two tanks? 
these tanks are in the game and I kind of get why, they are not going to remove or nerf them but is it reasonable if you take on these tanks while others just sit back and hope you win you should get a little thanks for it in extra exp?

any one got any thoughts? 

So 4 tanks kept trading with a 279(e) and they didn't push him after he fired? Sounds more like a "I- dont-wanne-take-a-hit-for-the-others-guys-when-we-push-in-to-kill-279(e)-because-then-I-might-die-to-soon-and-will-not-gain-a-chevron,-or-heaven-forbid,-lose one" mentality that is quite common in ranked.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:26 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34502 battles
  • 4,861
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostTomatoShooter, on 18 November 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

So 4 tanks kept trading with a 279(e) and they didn't push him after he fired? Sounds more like a "I- dont-wanne-take-a-hit-for-the-others-guys-when-we-push-in-to-kill-279(e)-because-then-I-might-die-to-soon-and-will-not-gain-a-chevron,-or-heaven-forbid,-lose one" mentality that is quite common in ranked.

 

And that's exactly why everyone on the losing side should lose a chevron. If there's no "best loser" reward it removes the incentive to hide and let your team die. 



Bordhaw #7 Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:07 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15293 battles
  • 5,220
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View Postaps1, on 18 November 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:


hey. So now ranked is over and just wanted to put this idea out there. One of my last battles I watched 4 of my team. SC/obj705a/the obj td that was over powered it forgot hits name/onj140.anyway these 4 players just sat round the corner trading shots with the 279, none of them wanted to move as set back behind and hiden was bat chat 25 and another td but after a while the 279 was still on full health  after bouncing all the shots and the 4 tanks fighting it was rapidly losing Heath. 
I decided to flank the 279( the map was steps east side) so over the mound I went and I took 2 hits from the bat chat and a bounce from the td hidden at the back(I was in 430u) I git behind behind the rock formation from these two tanks and then started to work on the 279, he ignored me for the first few shots then turned to me. I got the kill and I was left with very low hp. The other four continued to enjoy the rest of the game while I was very tentative. I got a shevron but I could have done better. 
so my point is this. Given the nature of these two tanks and a percentage of your team will just back away and let others fight them should you get more exp for killing these two tanks? 
these tanks are in the game and I kind of get why, they are not going to remove or nerf them but is it reasonable if you take on these tanks while others just sit back and hope you win you should get a little thanks for it in extra exp?

any one got any thoughts? 

 



vasilinhorulezz #8 Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:54 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28596 battles
  • 2,078
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014
It's funny how the game blatantly shows it's imbalance, everyone even 2 tiers below tanks, will yolo a tier X light, just because everyone knows how bad those things are and that they lack the ability to defend themselves (due to their unjustified bad guns), but when it comes to some broken super heavies or assault guns, with epic gun handling and DPM, people tend to cower behind a rock waiting god to throw lightning upon it to destroy and win them the game. Fear factor is very important, especially against mediocre to bad players, in this game.

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 18 November 2019 - 11:27 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users