Jump to content


Tier 8 Bond shop tanks - which one?


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Fizzymagic #1 Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:47 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 49766 battles
  • 175
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013

Hi Guys,

 

Just after some quick advice as to which of these tanks you would go for or not! Will they be changing the current choice of Guard, AMX M49 L or T26E5 P any time soon?

Not bothered about play style, im mediocre in most things. Just dont want to waste 8000 bonds on a donkey and i know there are forum members with much more experience than me who might help advise.

 

Cheers



Negativvv #2 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:09 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 14083 battles
  • 2,089
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

None, save your Bonds for something that's rarer and better.

 

Patriot is the best out of what's on offer if you really must...



NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:10 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34502 battles
  • 4,861
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
They'll probably add more at some point but of the current selection the Patriot is the best. 

Fizzymagic #4 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 49766 battles
  • 175
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013
Cheers guys, does anyone know if and when they will change the selection?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:12 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34502 battles
  • 4,861
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Soon™ :) 

falcon_96 #6 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 25763 battles
  • 641
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012
Yes they will be rotating the tanks offered, however we don't know when or how often.
Of those offered the only good options are Patriot and LIberte, however looking at your stats with high tier heavies, you don't seem to enjoy playing your hulldown heavies much(tanks such as the Super Conqueror that rely on turret armor) and the Patriot is just that, a high DPM heavy with ok hull armor and tough turret. The Liberte is more consistent in its armoring, but has an awfully weak cupola on top of the turret(and by weak i mean even some HE shells can go in).
Looking at your stats i suppose you are a F2P player, so shell price might be a factor for you, The Patriot has really cheap ammo for the pen it has at 255 credits per 240dmg/ 230mm pen shot, the Liberte on the other hand, does 300dmg with 232mm pen, but 1 shot costs 1030 credits. For example if you do 2k dmg in the Patriot you will fire 9 shots minimum which would cost 2295 creds, with the Liberte you need 7 shots minimum and that is 7210 creds. Don't get me wrong, as tier 8 prems they both still make a lot of credits, but if you are playing without premium account, the Patriot is the better option.

That said, i'd recommend you to wait, and save your bonds for the next offers, whenever they come. I don't think you will enjoy playing either the Patriot or Liberte. Also i expect WG will be giving us another bond gift at the end of November like last year, so you might be able to get 2 tanks instead of 1 if you saved enough bonds.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:25 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,631
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

They will not be changed anytime soon. Factoring in the time required for obtaining another 8k bonds, you can buy one of the tier 8 premiums. Let's say they add some other tanks in 6 months or a year. It very likely you'll get most of the 8k bonds back in that time through events, premium time and by playing random battles.



TomatoShooter #8 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1116 battles
  • 242
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014
I bought Patriot since AMX is also available via recruit program.

SirTogII #9 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 50070 battles
  • 668
  • [REQT] REQT
  • Member since:
    11-27-2012
Patriot is the only one I’d recommend but even that has been power crept a bit. Still a decent tank and will teach you how to play hull down using the gun depression.
Personally I’m keeping the bonds for better tier 10 tanks to show up.

Fizzymagic #10 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:41 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 49766 battles
  • 175
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013

View Postfalcon_96, on 18 November 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

Yes they will be rotating the tanks offered, however we don't know when or how often.
Of those offered the only good options are Patriot and LIberte, however looking at your stats with high tier heavies, you don't seem to enjoy playing your hulldown heavies much(tanks such as the Super Conqueror that rely on turret armor) and the Patriot is just that, a high DPM heavy with ok hull armor and tough turret. The Liberte is more consistent in its armoring, but has an awfully weak cupola on top of the turret(and by weak i mean even some HE shells can go in).
Looking at your stats i suppose you are a F2P player, so shell price might be a factor for you, The Patriot has really cheap ammo for the pen it has at 255 credits per 240dmg/ 230mm pen shot, the Liberte on the other hand, does 300dmg with 232mm pen, but 1 shot costs 1030 credits. For example if you do 2k dmg in the Patriot you will fire 9 shots minimum which would cost 2295 creds, with the Liberte you need 7 shots minimum and that is 7210 creds. Don't get me wrong, as tier 8 prems they both still make a lot of credits, but if you are playing without premium account, the Patriot is the better option.

That said, i'd recommend you to wait, and save your bonds for the next offers, whenever they come. I don't think you will enjoy playing either the Patriot or Liberte. Also i expect WG will be giving us another bond gift at the end of November like last year, so you might be able to get 2 tanks instead of 1 if you saved enough bonds.

 

Cheers for advice and yes i hate playing hvys. Just cant seem to get the angling armour/shooting weakspots combo down(Even in Super conq!). It has been so close to rage sell about 50 times!!!!!! But i keep hearing its OP so i persevere. Mostly F2P player as i like to play all tiers and types and i just cant bring myself/afford to fully load gold when down in the lower tiers. Probably where im going wrong as everyone seems to be doing it these days. After that i think ill wait and see whats coming up in bond shop next. Thanks, forum working as it should and not one "git gud, play barbie."

 

 


Edited by Fizzymagic, 18 November 2019 - 01:44 PM.


shikaka9 #11 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 72145 battles
  • 1,306
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013

Really happy with the Mutz and really dissapointed with T26E5 ...  

 

:)



demon_tank #12 Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27375 battles
  • 1,644
  • [RED_S] RED_S
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012
Patriot.

vasilinhorulezz #13 Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:21 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28596 battles
  • 2,078
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014
Probably Patriot only.

Negativvv #14 Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 14083 battles
  • 2,089
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015
Liberte isn't even that well armoured unless you're directly face on. The shoulders become vulnerable to high pen if you even attempt to side scrape.

Homer_J #15 Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32930 battles
  • 36,128
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostFizzymagic, on 18 November 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

Cheers guys, does anyone know if and when they will change the selection?

 

From what little official information we have so far the selection will change but don't expect it any time in the near future.  Not even Soon™ .

 

.


Edited by Homer_J, 18 November 2019 - 03:15 PM.


Bora_BOOM #16 Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:13 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 29130 battles
  • 4,025
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

Waiting for tier 10s would be the best thing if you can gather enough bonds and like rarer tanks.

However, if you are F2P, getting a premium 8 is a better deal. I wouldn't hurry if I was you, the three tanks are not the best IMO.

Consider waiting if you want to grind some other nation crews, not only credits.


Edited by Bora_BOOM, 18 November 2019 - 03:13 PM.


ThorgrimBrenadim #17 Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34443 battles
  • 615
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012

View PostFizzymagic, on 18 November 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

Hi Guys,

 

Just after some quick advice as to which of these tanks you would go for or not! Will they be changing the current choice of Guard, AMX M49 L or T26E5 P any time soon?

Not bothered about play style, im mediocre in most things. Just dont want to waste 8000 bonds on a donkey and i know there are forum members with much more experience than me who might help advise.

 

Cheers

 

Are there tanks in this game you really really want ?

If so maybe they will never appear in the bond shop but if they do and you do not have the bonds how will you feel ??

 

So unless you really want a tank in the bond shop why not just keep hold of the bonds ? I doubt the tanks on offer will get worse they will laways have one or two tanks to really tempt players and if they decide to stop selling tanks for bonds I think they would give some notice of this happening.



Stevies_Team #18 Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:31 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14798 battles
  • 1,618
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

View PostFizzymagic, on 18 November 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

Hi Guys,

 

Just after some quick advice as to which of these tanks you would go for or not! Will they be changing the current choice of Guard, AMX M49 L or T26E5 P any time soon?

Not bothered about play style, im mediocre in most things. Just dont want to waste 8000 bonds on a donkey and i know there are forum members with much more experience than me who might help advise.

 

Cheers

 

I would take the STG and use it as a TD type tank

Good Alpha, accuracy, cammo and mobility

Crew skills produce the goods

A sneaky skorpion with armour

 

If the Mutz becomes available it's a fab sniper with decent crew skills

Even the Primo needs Vstabs to be a decent long range sniper

 

AMX49 and T26 are more medium/close range and situational, brawlers


Edited by Stevies_Team, 18 November 2019 - 04:33 PM.


fwhaatpiraat #19 Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:35 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 60163 battles
  • 2,068
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
Liberté looks like a really nice tank to me. Patriot is decent as well, but 240 alpha on a heavy tank doesn't appeal me. Can you pick STG as well? Doesn't appeal to me at all, I rather play the insane 416. I you don't have many premiums and are looking for one for bonds, I would pick the Liberte (or preferably the one without clown camo) for sure. If none of these tanks appeal to you, I wouldn't bother getting them, but I wouldn't wait for new offers, you don't know what's coming, when, etc.

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:46 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 30766 battles
  • 6,065
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016
Is it just me or do these bond purchased tanks seem outrageously over-priced? Bonds can't be bought and it's not like they're easy to come by. With RB you have to invest a lot of credits to get bonds with some tanks with ropey standard pen so... thousands for a tier5 trashcan? or thousands more for some tier8 meh you can bag on discount with some pocket money? Maybe it's just me but those prices seem a really bad deal. I'll either keep the bonds for a better choice or get special equipment.  

Edited by TungstenHitman, 18 November 2019 - 04:46 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users