Cancer

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

blackhole6714 #1 Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25209 battles
  • [MOONX] MOONX
Uh I don't know how to say or start this topic but please stop saying get cancer or saying cancer reffering to artilleries. One of my close relative is cancer patient more than six years. When someone reffering to get cancer in game it realy hurts me. One time she said to me she don't want any more treatment because she suffered enough. I'm writing this because i want you to understand and feel too. The cancer not only hurts the patient, it shattered families. So i would like to ask you do you realy want to hurt a person or  a family that much? Please take responsibility and stop saying this [edited] word, there must be a cancer patient playing this game and the word of cancer can hurt her or him much more than ever we felt or imagine. I don't need to be comforted or any one is. There is a lot of cancer patients, every one knows how bad is cancer but our society still don't understand or give any [edited]. Whic is Words have a Power much more than most of you thought so before you say any dumb thing, think it twice.

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 04 December 2019 - 06:15 PM.
removed swearing and profanity disguised with symbols to avoid forum rules.

Bennyboymothman #2 Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20823 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
It's just a word. Perhaps chose to ignore it like I do and don't 'bite'. That's what the trolls want.
Sticks and stones will break my bones but words cannot harm me.

Anna_Kalashnikova #3 Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• 15987 battles
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM

View Postblackhole6714, on 19 November 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

Uh I don't know how to say or start this topic but please stop saying get cancer or saying cancer reffering to artilleries. One of my close relative is cancer patient more than six years. When someone reffering to get cancer in game it realy hurts me. One time she said to me she don't want any more treatment because she suffered enough. I'm writing this because i want you to understand and feel too. The cancer not only hurts the patient, it shattered families. So i would like to ask you do you realy want to hurt a person or  a family that much? Please take responsibility and stop saying this sh*t word, there must be a cancer patient playing this game and the word of cancer can hurt her or him much more than ever we felt or imagine. I don't need to be comforted or any one is. There is a lot of cancer patients, every one knows how bad is cancer but our society still don't understand or give any f****. Whic is Words have a Power much more than most of you thought so before you say any dumb thing, think it twice.

There are like 20.000 threads like yours in the forum. In all languages. I don't want to say your point isn't relevant, but it doesn't help to open another thread for it. It's an online game everyone is allowed to play, there will always be ppl insulting each other, and some of them will overshoot the target.

In cases of really excessive insults, make a screenshot and send it to the customer support.

blackhole6714 #4 Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25209 battles
  • [MOONX] MOONX

View PostAnna_Kalashnikova, on 19 November 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

There are like 20.000 threads like yours in the forum. In all languages. I don't want to say your point isn't relevant, but it doesn't help to open another thread for it. It's an online game everyone is allowed to play, there will always be ppl insulting each other, and some of them will overshoot the target.

In cases of really excessive insults, make a screenshot and send it to the customer support.

I don't know is there any other thread but it doesn't matter. I felt i have to open a thread, so did I.

blackhole6714 #5 Posted 19 November 2019 - 03:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25209 battles
  • [MOONX] MOONX

View PostBennyboymothman, on 19 November 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

It's just a word. Perhaps chose to ignore it like I do and don't 'bite'. That's what the trolls want.

Of course it's a word but cancer is a disease which is morale is really important. Most of times patients and families lose hope and after that they lose their lives and lovers. In Fact in this game people obviously using word cancer extremely much more than any other platforms at this point you don't bite it, it bites you... I believe somehow ridiculous fact must be stop. And the reporting abusers not the solution. WG should take responsibility, this problem growing in their platform atleast they can manifest it in their website. That's the big problem and everyone closing their eyes, one thread cannot be seen by most of players by itself.

SiliconSidewinder #6 Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 29109 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I don't mind beeing called a crab! :)

.. ok I go now.

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9355 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

It only hurts as much as you let it hurt you.

Unrelated:

Spoiler

SiliconSidewinder #8 Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 29109 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 19 November 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

Unrelated:

Spoiler

Not sure what I am seening here? Soviet world domination? a equator moved north to... do what?

Nishi_Kinuyo #9 Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9355 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostSiliconSidewinder, on 19 November 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

Not sure what I am seening here? Soviet world domination? a equator moved north to... do what?

:facepalm:

Its one of the two tropics.

gunslingerXXX #10 Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:33 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13194 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Imo the word cancer should just get an automatic [edited] as replacement. 

Captain_Kremen0 #11 Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:41 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39315 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostBennyboymothman, on 19 November 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Come back when you have first hand experience of it.

I personally don't like it, I've had personal experiences with it; whilst most people don't mean anything personal by it, sometimes it's not so easy to just let it go as it can get to you, so OP is kinda right.

Personally I think it's a lazy insult and anyone using it should be pointed in the direction of the Viz Profanisaurus for lessons in proper swearing.

10:43 Added after 1 minute

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 19 November 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

Unrelated:

Spoiler

No - but nice try. BBC3 is looking for shite comedians you will do well there.

Nishi_Kinuyo #12 Posted 20 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9355 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 20 November 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

No - but nice try. BBC3 is looking for shite comedians you will do well there.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm certain there are people more qualified than I on these forums. :girl:

Captain_Kremen0 #13 Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39315 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 20 November 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

Thanks for the offer, but I'm certain there are people more qualified than I on these forums. :girl:

My first thought was "who's moved the bloody equator?"

SaintMaddenus #14 Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38911 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Life isn't fair that's true, reality is most of those players have never had any experience at all of it and probably never will.   Karma does not exist or My mum would not have died of cancer, she spent her whole life caring for others, as a nurse and matron and home visitor caring for newborns with disabilities until she had to stop due to cancer.   when I see the" get cancer" it bugged me a lot for a few years.  but I admit I had to toughen up.  they in most cases are just stupid idiots.  Just like those that say "your mum" comments, just as ignorant.   its also now after many years I can say things like, "you play worse than my dead grandmother, if she spun in her grave on a keyboard"      its still too soon for me to say that about my mother, but not my grandmother...

Jahpero #15 Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:43 PM

• 13104 battles
  • [_CDC_] _CDC_

View Postblackhole6714, on 19 November 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

Uh I don't know how to say or start this topic but please stop saying get cancer or saying cancer reffering to artilleries. One of my close relative is cancer patient more than six years. When someone reffering to get cancer in game it realy hurts me. One time she said to me she don't want any more treatment because she suffered enough. I'm writing this because i want you to understand and feel too. The cancer not only hurts the patient, it shattered families. So i would like to ask you do you realy want to hurt a person or  a family that much? Please take responsibility and stop saying this [edited] word, there must be a cancer patient playing this game and the word of cancer can hurt her or him much more than ever we felt or imagine. I don't need to be comforted or any one is. There is a lot of cancer patients, every one knows how bad is cancer but our society still don't understand or give any [edited]. Whic is Words have a Power much more than most of you thought so before you say any dumb thing, think it twice.

Please feel free to report this kind of post. We give sanctions for this. 

So OP : +1 for your thread, you are right.

Regards,

Jahpero

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 04 December 2019 - 06:11 PM.

piratha #16 Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12755 battles
  • [2-KP] 2-KP

View Postblackhole6714, on 19 November 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

Uh I don't know how to say or start this topic but please stop saying get cancer or saying cancer reffering to artilleries. One of my close relative is cancer patient more than six years. When someone reffering to get cancer in game it realy hurts me. One time she said to me she don't want any more treatment because she suffered enough. I'm writing this because i want you to understand and feel too. The cancer not only hurts the patient, it shattered families. So i would like to ask you do you realy want to hurt a person or  a family that much? Please take responsibility and stop saying this [edited] word, there must be a cancer patient playing this game and the word of cancer can hurt her or him much more than ever we felt or imagine. I don't need to be comforted or any one is. There is a lot of cancer patients, every one knows how bad is cancer but our society still don't understand or give any [edited] Whic is Words have a Power much more than most of you thought so before you say any dumb thing, think it twice.

Yes, totally agree. You can right-click on their name during the battle (hit control to have the mouse cursor) and "add to blacklist".. done! You'll never hear from them anymore.

If in the chat religion/politics/races stuff is banned, then should also other personal topics be banned to.

See you on the battlefiled! :honoring:

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 04 December 2019 - 06:10 PM.

GROTTBAGS #17 Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 45642 battles
you get a chat ban for saying oxymoron but get cancer is allowed unreal aint it 

ralesm1989 #18 Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:37 AM

Lieutenant

• 32865 battles
  • [DE-VI] DE-VI

View PostGROTTBAGS, on 04 December 2019 - 02:52 AM, said:

you get a chat ban for saying oxymoron but get cancer is allowed unreal aint it 

Well, you don't get banned for ''oxymoron'', and ''get cancer'' is certainly not allowed. 

GROTTBAGS #19 Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 45642 battles
sorry but I have seen a nameless chat mod chat ban people for saying oxymoron

unhappy_bunny #20 Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:08 PM

Colonel

• 20243 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postblackhole6714, on 19 November 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

I can assure you that when we come across this word, we do take action. Often it is to just edit the word and send a friendly reminder to the guilty party, and if that fails to work, forum sanctions will be applied.

I will also mention that using *s or other symbols to try and get around the swearing and profanity rules will also be dealt with in this way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users