could we have an in-game function to grade vehicles?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:41 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31740 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

I was thinking again about the proposed horrible HE rework and as a related thought I imagined how great it would be if there was an in-game function to give our opinion about vehicles.

The feedback would be very useful for balancing the game and WG would have full feedback including how skilled the players giving their opinion are.

Options could be "broken" "OP" "balanced" "needs buff" "needs big buff".

DuncaN_101 #2 Posted 19 November 2019 - 08:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 56620 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Asif that would matter to them.
WG will do what they want anyway... If we like it or not.

Fizzymagic #3 Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49803 battles
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-

I think this idea is good in principal but surely this would only work if players played equally in all the different tanks. Some players like certain tanks and do well in them and badly in others. There would be no balance as some tanks work for player A and not player B. It would probably be better if WG just browsed the forum now and then as the majority of posts tend to be about whats wrong with the game and which updates/events and addons are either good or bad.

For example the FV4005. Some love this tank due to the massive damage it can cause. They would deem it to be fairly balanced if they find they do well in it. I managed to get about 1 shot off in every three games before being spotted and destroyed in seconds. In my opinion it probably needs a camo, reverse speed buff etc. Those racking up huge amounts of damage in it may well disagree. Like i said good idea in principal but i just dont think this method will get you ultimately what you are trying to achieve. 

Edited by Fizzymagic, 20 November 2019 - 07:50 AM.

Cobra6 #4 Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16531 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

WG can't properly balance the vehicles with a whole army of people that supposedly know what they are doing, what makes you think feedback of people who actually play the tanks is going to achieve? 

If good advice is ignored because it's not profitable enough, no amount of good feedback will improve balancing.

First, WG needs to stop thinking primarily with their wallet, but that is never going to happen.

Cobra 6

pecopad #5 Posted 20 November 2019 - 10:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29785 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

In all games there is good and bad weapons or characters, its part of what makes the game.

If players think some tanks are OP why not grind them and play them instead of complaining?

This also gives the opportunity for those players who like a challenge to play bad tanks and make the game more interesting and challenging.

Edited by pecopad, 20 November 2019 - 10:06 AM.

24doom24 #6 Posted 20 November 2019 - 10:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8723 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
Well I made a pretty poor Excel spread sheet that attempted to rate each tank based on just their paper stats. It would spit out a number from 1-100 based on all the stats and I attempted to adjust ratings by tier, like the same stat at tier 10 would get a higher rating at tier 7. Nevertheless I ended up having tanks like the Lowe get higher scores than the Skorpion G:amazed: ( 70 v 60 in the latest iteration) even though many would consider the Skorp to be a better tank. Maybe there should be some kind of multiplier based on the class of tank.

Edited by 24doom24, 20 November 2019 - 10:39 PM.

HassenderZerhacker #7 Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:34 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31740 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Post24doom24, on 20 November 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

Well I made a pretty poor Excel spread sheet that attempted to rate each tank based on just their paper stats. It would spit out a number from 1-100 based on all the stats and I attempted to adjust ratings by tier, like the same stat at tier 10 would get a higher rating at tier 7. Nevertheless I ended up having tanks like the Lowe get higher scores than the Skorpion G:amazed: ( 70 v 60 in the latest iteration) even though many would consider the Skorp to be a better tank. Maybe there should be some kind of multiplier based on the class of tank.

stats on paper are not what such a function would be used to evaluate - it would simply ask players' opinion about vehicles.

Fizzymagic #8 Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:30 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49803 battles
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-

If what you are proposing were to be implemented i cant see how it would help with balance. I could see it being used as a marketing tool when WG see what are the favorite tanks then bring out  multi colored premium versions. Each player has their own personal preference when it comes to tanks and they are going to hit the like, balanced button on the ones they do well in. This is not going to necessarily be the best or worst tank in the game or one that needs buff/nerf as i imagine each and everyone in the player base has done well in a tank considered a donkey by most and performed poorly in one considered OP.

When you throw in Random maps not often suited to vehicle type,( i seem to get more of my fair share of Ensk in my CGC , STRV 103 etc) this will also sway peoples opinion. Like i said earlier if WG read the forum just once a month and counted the biggest number of moans or complaints and then just started chatting about the biggest or most common one it would be a start. It would seem good business to incorporate players wishes into whatever their marketing strategy is. (Happy customers=more money) 

I am however a mostly F2P player and didnt start caring about stats etc until it was to late to really improve them at any real rate so the opinion above is a humble one. I see some players who are much better than me chatting about spending vast amounts of money in the game and they may well have a very different opinion.

HassenderZerhacker #9 Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:14 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31740 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostFizzymagic, on 21 November 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

I am however a mostly F2P player and didnt start caring about stats etc until it was to late to really improve them

same as me :)

View PostFizzymagic, on 21 November 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

When you throw in Random maps not often suited to vehicle type,( i seem to get more of my fair share of Ensk in my CGC ,

is that a try at humor?

CGC is a filthy arty and probably the most suited for Ensk due to its high arc, or did I miss something?

Fizzymagic #10 Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49803 battles
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-

No attempt at humour. I made my peace with arty a long time ago as despite every other post on the forum being "remove arty" it is never going to happen. You are right re the CGC gun arc but with the size of the map, a 30 odd second reload time and the advent of the wheelies, (peace also made for same reasons) i find that arty on that map can be spotted before the gun is loaded. Great if you are in a light and manage to slam a couple of artys early game( positive buttons as you described selected) not so great if you are that arty (negative buttons selected). I agree the map argument is not a strong one but will be one of the many deciding factors a player may take into account before rating or evaluating the tank using your original idea. At least you are thinking of positive ways to improve the quality of the game rather than the usual remove this because it killed me or buff this because i keep getting killed in it! 

Arty is fine and fun to play, Again just depends on your preferred playstyle. When i play lights, usually quite badly, i love watching arty slam my spotted targets. If im rolling about in my VK 100 i get as pissed off as everyone else with the stun and track damage. Just stop putting three in a game!

:popcorn:Just getting ready for a barrage of arty hate!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users