Jump to content


Improve The Driving And Aiming Control


  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Fanste94 #1 Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4407 battles
  • 548
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013
I find the tanks without the turret where you need to use the movement controls and the mouse to move and aim like TDs, more stable and mobile to use than then normal tanks with a moving turret where the driving and shooting is kinda difficult and confusing, because you're going left on the movement controls for example and you're moving and aiming down or right with your mouse, they really should improve the driving and aiming controls also in the sniper mode to use both the movement controls and the mouse so that you have more control of the tank and be more stable and mobile, also post your suggestions how can they improve this

24doom24 #2 Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8715 battles
  • 649
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012
So you just have bad hand eye coordination?:amazed:

Homer_J #3 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:03 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32930 battles
  • 36,133
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
Sorry but it's just you.

unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:04 PM

    Colonel

  • Moderator
  • 20200 battles
  • 3,737
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostFanste94, on 19 November 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

I find the tanks without the turret where you need to use the movement controls and the mouse to move and aim like TDs, more stable and mobile to use than then normal tanks with a moving turret where the driving and shooting is kinda difficult and confusing, because you're going left on the movement controls for example and you're moving and aiming down or right with your mouse, they really should improve the driving and aiming controls also in the sniper mode to use both the movement controls and the mouse so that you have more control of the tank and be more stable and mobile, also post your suggestions how can they improve this


What do you want? A nice easy game where thinking is not required? A game where everything is done for you and all you need to do is press one key for move and a 2nd for shoot and boom, the enemy explodes?

Or are you just sitting there thinking of more and more crazy ideas to post?



Homer_J #5 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:04 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32930 battles
  • 36,133
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post24doom24, on 19 November 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

So you just have bad hand eye coordination?:amazed:


Maybe playing on a tackpad?



SaintMaddenus #6 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:06 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38854 battles
  • 2,801
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011

Just practise, some of us never get it all together so don't worry, especially in light tanks myself I crash as I am looking where I want to shoot not drive and I lack the skill to do both well.



Homer_J #7 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32930 battles
  • 36,133
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 19 November 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

Just practise, some of us never get it all together so don't worry, especially in light tanks myself I crash as I am looking where I want to shoot not drive and I lack the skill to do both well.

 

You'll find that with driving in general it's best to look where you are driving if you don't want to crash.:child:



Warzey #8 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 60686 battles
  • 1,109
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011
You can actually turn off horizontal gun stabilization in options, that way when you turn your hull left the aiming reticle will move left as well.

Fanste94 #9 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4407 battles
  • 548
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View Post24doom24, on 19 November 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

So you just have bad hand eye coordination?:amazed:

I don't, I know how to play shooter games

22:28 Added after 1 minute

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 19 November 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:


What do you want? A nice easy game where thinking is not required? A game where everything is done for you and all you need to do is press one key for move and a 2nd for shoot and boom, the enemy explodes?

Or are you just sitting there thinking of more and more crazy ideas to post?

Read the post again, I didn't say that everything should be done for me, I've said that they should improve the driving and aiming controls so that they would be more stable and smoother

22:29 Added after 1 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 19 November 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:


Maybe playing on a tackpad?

No, PC

22:29 Added after 2 minute

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 19 November 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

Just practise, some of us never get it all together so don't worry, especially in light tanks myself I crash as I am looking where I want to shoot not drive and I lack the skill to do both well.

That's what I'm talking about

22:30 Added after 3 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 19 November 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

 

You'll find that with driving in general it's best to look where you are driving if you don't want to crash.:child:

You can't if you're looking where you're aiming

22:31 Added after 4 minute

View PostWarzey, on 19 November 2019 - 11:24 PM, said:

You can actually turn off horizontal gun stabilization in options, that way when you turn your hull left the aiming reticle will move left as well.

Tried but I can't really feel when I'm going left and right in sniper mode


Edited by Fanste94, 19 November 2019 - 11:27 PM.


Homer_J #10 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:32 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32930 battles
  • 36,133
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostFanste94, on 19 November 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

I don't, I know how to play shooter games

Which are exactly the same. :unsure:

 

Quote

You can't if you're looking where you're aiming

Then don't.



Nishi_Kinuyo #11 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:35 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9315 battles
  • 6,613
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostFanste94, on 19 November 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

No, PC

USB trackpads exist for PC, you know. :P

Or at least they do for Mac. :facepalm:



_DeadWolf #12 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23816 battles
  • 209
  • [B-MBT] B-MBT
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013

full of ideas lately arent you? wouldnt say theyre all that good/necessary. i dont understand how you have an issue with turretless TDs being 'unstable', ofc some TDs like my AMX CDA 105 tend to brake steer in a particular direction when i come to a sudden halt, but thats expected of some TDs that have powerful engines and good brakes, especially an unbalanced center of gravity. also you have to remember that when travelling at speed in a turretless TD, you dont have proper stabilization equipment as turreted tanks, hence why the gun will often seem unstable because its literally attached to the hull.

 

nobody in the entire time ive been on the forums have i ever seen anyone have a problem with the issues youre describing which leads me to believe that youre just one of the few ppl out there who struggle with this, and so far, the only one willing to post about it... 



Fanste94 #13 Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4407 battles
  • 548
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 19 November 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

Which are exactly the same. :unsure:

 

Quote

You can't if you're looking where you're aiming

Then don't.

WoT is a shooter but is not the same as Call of Duty, CS GO and other fps and third person shooters, in WoT you need to watch where you're driving and where you're aiming to hit the enemy, in fps and third person games you just go forward and aim and your character goes where you move the mouse, and aiming is more important to hit the enemy than driving

22:49 Added after 3 minute

View Post_DeadWolf, on 19 November 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

full of ideas lately arent you? wouldnt say theyre all that good/necessary. i dont understand how you have an issue with turretless TDs being 'unstable', ofc some TDs like my AMX CDA 105 tend to brake steer in a particular direction when i come to a sudden halt, but thats expected of some TDs that have powerful engines and good brakes, especially an unbalanced center of gravity. also you have to remember that when travelling at speed in a turretless TD, you dont have proper stabilization equipment as turreted tanks, hence why the gun will often seem unstable because its literally attached to the hull.

 

nobody in the entire time ive been on the forums have i ever seen anyone have a problem with the issues youre describing which leads me to believe that youre just one of the few ppl out there who struggle with this, and so far, the only one willing to post about it... 

I know a lot of people with the same problems but most players aren't even on the forums or telling Wargaming about their issues


Edited by Fanste94, 19 November 2019 - 11:47 PM.


Homer_J #14 Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32930 battles
  • 36,133
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostFanste94, on 19 November 2019 - 11:46 PM, said:

WoT is a shooter but is not the same as Call of Duty, CS GO and other fps and third person shooters, in WoT you need to watch where you're driving and where you're aiming to hit the enemy, in fps and third person games you just go forward and aim and your character goes where you move the mouse, and aiming is more important to hit the enemy than driving

 

That's not how it was when I played FPS games.  You moved with the keyboard and aimed with the mouse and if you wanted to aim one way and move another you had to think about which keys to press from WAS and D.

 

With WoT you press R thrice and only have to worry about A and D.



Bordhaw #15 Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:27 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15308 battles
  • 5,225
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostFanste94, on 19 November 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

Improve The Driving 

 



24doom24 #16 Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8715 battles
  • 649
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 20 November 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

 

That's not how it was when I played FPS games.  You moved with the keyboard and aimed with the mouse and if you wanted to aim one way and move another you had to think about which keys to press from WAS and D.

 

With WoT you press R thrice and only have to worry about A and D.

*edited*  


Edited by Jahpero, 21 November 2019 - 10:18 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


Homer_J #17 Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:53 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32930 battles
  • 36,133
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 19 November 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

USB trackpads exist for PC, you know. :P

 

 

Good point, when I had a trackball I often wondered what it would be like to play games on.

 

Never got to the point of trying it though.



Fanste94 #18 Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:28 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4407 battles
  • 548
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 20 November 2019 - 01:19 AM, said:

 

That's not how it was when I played FPS games.  You moved with the keyboard and aimed with the mouse and if you wanted to aim one way and move another you had to think about which keys to press from WAS and D.

 

With WoT you press R thrice and only have to worry about A and D.

The R button only controls the option to move forward not left, right and backwards, you still need to move the mouse to aim and drive forward, left, right and backwards which get's kinda confusing, they could add two controls options (advanced and simple) and you choose which one you want, it should be tested

05:30 Added after 2 minute

View Post24doom24, on 20 November 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

*edited*  

Or maybe RNG in the game and other players using premium tanks, gold ammo and mods



Jauhesammutin #19 Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:34 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23669 battles
  • 1,030
  • [FAUF] FAUF
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostFanste94, on 19 November 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

I find the tanks without the turret where you need to use the movement controls and the mouse to move and aim like TDs, more stable and mobile to use than then normal tanks with a moving turret where the driving and shooting is kinda difficult and confusing, because you're going left on the movement controls for example and you're moving and aiming down or right with your mouse, they really should improve the driving and aiming controls also in the sniper mode to use both the movement controls and the mouse so that you have more control of the tank and be more stable and mobile, also post your suggestions how can they improve this

This one doesn't need improvement. It's as simple as it could get.

The only improvement I would like would be on half turreted (For example E4 and FV4005) to work like fully rotating turrets and not like turretless tanks.



Homer_J #20 Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:38 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32930 battles
  • 36,133
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostFanste94, on 21 November 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

they could add two controls options (advanced and simple) and you choose which one you want,

 

Well we already have the simple option, what would you add to the advanced one?  Manual gearchanges?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users