• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Henk_die_oorwinar #1 Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22715 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

Well helloooooo chapperooos.

We are coming at ya from the desert! Yes the bloody hot and extremely dry desert! Why the desert you might ask? 

I asked the same question of the lively Misses -die-oorwinar, but alas boys; like 51% of my games, it was a losing battle. So up and off we went to the desert for our year end holidays. 

Let me tell you some wisdom for free, for niks. The desert allows one much time to ponder the imponderable, to scrutinize the scrut-worthy and to contemplate that which needs plating. I mean, there is only so many times one can look upon the magnificence of a Gabon adder before even those gasping jaws of the eternity turn to a bit of "same-old same-old".

So here I Iie, three hundred million degrees... in the shade;bored out of my dusty and lightly throbbing( Gin and tonic does not mix with the desert sun) skull. So, thought I to myself, is it: once more unto the breach? Once more to do valiant battle with my old nemesis WOT?

I would like to just quickly interject here. I recently applied for the position of moderator that was kicking about... sure as sh!t, they did not pick me! They got some other twinkle toe, viola playing nerf herder -apparently he is a sharp dresser- to do the job. In true TtVNH fasion, he promptly came to rub it in our faces! I wonder if their decision might have had something to do with the possibly, maby sometimes slightly heavy handed line I have sometimes perhaps taken with regards to match fixing in WOT. I put it to you, good sirs -dont don't kid yourselfs lads, no girl is reading this- I shall leave my fate in the hands of my clear conciense and your sound judgment.(Dear mr Radiated slimy thing with a spiral shell... this does not include you... you are neither good nor a sir, your soul is dark and your heart is black.)

Okay, interjections done, on with the battle at hand! 

My new gripe is with the removal of team damage and no dmg taken from terra firma impacting tanks at high velocity. Please note that I say:"terra firma impacting tanks" and not, "tanks impacting terra firma". The latter would imply some sort of deliberate action on the part of the tanker to cause said terra firma impact, high velocity or other. This is of coarse not the case, as clearly I did not drive of the cliff,(to escape a humiliating death) the cliff drove of me!

The problem I have here is that removing team damage has seriously and negatively impacted the game. Come with me now as I paint you a word picture. 

See in your minds eye: A little light tank, he is dreaming happy little tiny tank dreams, these dream are simple, all the happy little blighter wants to do is kill the arty. It is the hearts desire of all light tanks to bang some arty behind right into the next millennium. 

Usually this was rather easy, you rush in there, start driving around all three (there is always 3 and I have even played a game with 4! Honest) and then practically have a hysterical fit as you watch their apoplectic incompetence as they try to figure out how to shoot without team killing their buddies! 

So please WOT, you money hungry pack of wolves, spare a thought for the dreams of the tiny little light tank... he just wants to "get some!"

As far as the dropping of cliffs and then being hit by terra firma: So now guys can jump a tank of a mountain and then land next to you and be like: "Whad up... butter cup?"Do I need to explain why this is not cool? 

At the end of the day, these changes have taken away from the game in a subtle but very important way. These characteristics meant that the game was more realistic, you hade more ways than just shooting to kill enemy tanks. You could hide behind an enemy and not have his mates shoot at you because of team damage, you could push guys of cliffs, don't even get me started on the ridiculous tank on top dmg physics! 

The game is poorer for your changes, fix it please, so that we can go back to having a properly rigged game THE WAY WE LIKED IT!

Oookay cheers, the tour guide says that the peeps from tent 4 want their "dom" back... who drinks this piss anyways. 

Henk_die_oorwinar #2 Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22715 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ
I see the "slimy one" has taken the bait.

Edited by Henk_die_oorwinar, 20 November 2019 - 04:24 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34502 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostHenk_die_oorwinar, on 20 November 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

I see the "slimy one" has taken the bait.

Triggered much? :) 

Henk_die_oorwinar #4 Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22715 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 20 November 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

Triggered much? :) 

Triggered??? Son, have you ever spent any time in the desert? I ain't triggered; at the moment I am trying not to breath to loudly, else I might lose to much water. No time to be triggered by gastropoda with a penchant for nightly frolics in the city water feature in Chernobyl.

Incidently, while I have you here, can I interest you in a desert holiday... I promise not to leave you out in the sun.

15:47 Added after 5 minute

View PostHenk_die_oorwinar, on 20 November 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

Triggered??? Son, have you ever spent any time in the desert? I ain't triggered; at the moment I am trying not to breath to loudly, else I might lose to much water. No time to be triggered by gastropoda with a penchant for nightly frolics in the city water feature in Chernobyl.

Incidently, while I have you here, can I interest you in a desert holiday... I promise not to leave you out in the sun.

Get back to me on that holiday invite bro... the chaps at the salt mine want to know if I still want the order.

Edited by Henk_die_oorwinar, 20 November 2019 - 04:43 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHenk_die_oorwinar, on 20 November 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

I ain't triggered; at the moment I am trying not to breath to loudly, else I might lose to much water. 

Either you are, or you are trying to get others triggered based on your "bait" reaction.

As for your... wall of text. Most of the changes of late have been good for a majority of the players. No need to go back just to please the minority and start other "griefs" all over again tbh. Seeing how TD turned off on console worked. I was skeptical. But overall it's not been bad to name one. Friendly stun is the only issue atm, as in they never turn blue for it.

Henk_die_oorwinar #6 Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22715 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 November 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

Either you are, or you are trying to get others triggered based on your "bait" reaction.

As for your... wall of text. Most of the changes of late have been good for a majority of the players. No need to go back just to please the minority and start other "griefs" all over again tbh. Seeing how TD turned off on console worked. I was skeptical. But overall it's not been bad to name one. Friendly stun is the only issue atm, as in they never turn blue for it.

Dear mr Belrog, when did you abandon reason for madness?

You have a view contrary to mine, you assume that the majority of players agree with your opinion... this is rather presumptuous of you... might I add an -ous and call it: pompous even? 

16:04 Added after 6 minute

Yo, powers that be: If you have any more "mod" jobs on offer... remember your boy Henk!

Latter chaps, the camel race is about to start!

Edited by Henk_die_oorwinar, 20 November 2019 - 05:01 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9315 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Seeing plenty of deserts already...

Spoiler

Henk_die_oorwinar #8 Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22715 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 20 November 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

Seeing plenty of deserts already...

Spoiler

My regards to the lady. Enjoy dude.

divsmo #9 Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37623 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Could you not hsve condensed that text to maybe the 2 or 3 lines that have any relavance to this forum? I'm not sure what your chosen vacation destination has to do with world of tanks?

As for your gripes i don't think you will find many here that will share your point of view, maybe you should get out of the sun and try to lessen the heat stroke you seem to be suffering.

Ringo_Star #10 Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:38 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 62272 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL

View Postdivsmo, on 20 November 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

Could you not hsve condensed that text to maybe the 2 or 3 lines that have any relavance to this forum? I'm not sure what your chosen vacation destination has to do with world of tanks?

As for your gripes i don't think you will find many here that will share your point of view, maybe you should get out of the sun and try to lessen the heat stroke you seem to be suffering.

Then we wouldn't have this cringe fest word salad. Neckbeard is strong in this one.

Henk_die_oorwinar #11 Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22715 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

View Postdivsmo, on 20 November 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

In the words of mr Slug:

Triggered?

wEight_Tanker #12 Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11545 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M
Spent so much time in the Cyanide & Happiness comment section I see?

Henk_die_oorwinar #13 Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22715 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

Lads, team damage that has been turned off is unrealistic, tanks that can drop from heights and suffer no damage is not realistic either... 

I hope this is simply enough put for "divsmo".

I would also like to report that the drinks cart has made its rounds again and we are freshly picked, pickled, pouched...... 

Long_Range_Sniper #14 Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38002 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

The original post is like the lovechild of VsUK and Ulfhedinn__.

divsmo #15 Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37623 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostHenk_die_oorwinar, on 20 November 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

In the words of mr Slug:

Triggered?

Haha afraid not sorry to disappoint, you seem a bit obsessed with thinking you've triggered people with low quality bait. Not my first choice of holiday entertainment but to each their own.

Lanrefni #16 Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34777 battles
wtf is this nonsense. auto-report.

Henk_die_oorwinar #17 Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22715 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ

View Postdivsmo, on 20 November 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

Haha afraid not sorry to disappoint, you seem a bit obsessed with thinking you've triggered people with low quality bait. Not my first choice of holiday entertainment but to each their own.

Buddy, I am sure that you disappoint a great many people regularly. But rest assured, you did not disappoint me. You rise eagerly to any little thing that is said. 

Enjoy your holiday though. Stay off the sauce... that would be the HP sauce... for the pies.

18:32 Added after 8 minute

I see there is another post also mentioning team damage that is off. 

This and the fall dmg that has been switched off kills a very important part of the game. It makes the game less fun. 

There are two reason WOT decided to switch team dmg and fall dmg off:

Team dmg was switched off because people were tk'ing arties because WOT refuses to adress the issue with 3 arties per game. 

Fall dmg was switched off because people were killing themselves because they have had enough of constant 15/5 fixed games. 

So here is a revolutionary thought:

Switch the team dmg and fall dmg back on and then put less arty per match in the game and stop rigging games for 15/5 results... See, suddenly nobody tk's arty and guys stick around in matches.... bloody hell Henk! How did you think of this!

Now I know this is blowing the combined minds of all the WOT fanboys... but take a breath chaps, this is progress. 

Edited by Henk_die_oorwinar, 20 November 2019 - 07:33 PM.

AngryCombatWombat #18 Posted 20 November 2019 - 07:33 PM

Sergeant

• Veteran
  • 4286 battles
Hello "chapperooos" I am moving this discussion to off-topic. 

mpf1959 #19 Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30089 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

It would be better moved to irrelevant topic, but alas there is not one in existence.

I am so glad WG removed team damage, and it is very entertaining to see the casuistic eel-like writhing of the thwarted team killer! ! :teethhappy:

rustysprite #20 Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:19 PM

Major

• Player
  • 23301 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Henk

Looking forward to your book

Will it be out in time for Christmas?....... will be a great stocking filler (the wife's legs are like a hairy sack of spanners)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users