UserZer00 #1 Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13230 battles

What are the chances of WG adding statistics for tracking the ammo usage

- Ammo usage per tank, per tier, overall
  (by ammo type)

- Credits spent on ammo per tank, per tier, overall

I'd love for the statistics to be available for each player, but if they worry that it may create toxicity then they could just focus on the statistics for each tank instead

I think it would be interesting to see the average running costs for each tank.  It would be a great tool for people looking to play "vanilla" so they could avoid "expensive" tanks and focus on the ones that won't be a heavy drag on their credits.

Baldrickk #2 Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Prem ammo is 5%!

Balc0ra #3 Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

They did release one 2 ish years ago for each tank and an average for each tier "thb I doubt it's changed much on most". It more or less confirmed what everyone knew. That the higher the tier, the bigger the gold usage. Type 5 "pre-nerf" and 183 had 50% gold usage. Tier X in general was between 30 to 40% for the most part. Low tiers had mostly 0%. mid-tiers was 10 to 20%. Tho they also did inc tanks that can't even use gold ammo that dragged the average down. As tanks like the St.Emil can't use it on his top gun, so he was way below the average tier 7.

But as for a per player stat? No I don't see the point in that. As you said, nothing good will come out of it. And it might shut some up as they have a higher % then the one they want to rage at. But if they are lower, it will be an invite to rage PM and be more toxic then needed. Tbh we don't need more of that here.

Edited by Balc0ra, 20 November 2019 - 11:26 PM.

UserZer00 #4 Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13230 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 November 2019 - 11:25 PM, said:

They did release one 2 ish years ago for each tank and an average for each tier "thb I doubt it's changed much on most". It more or less confirmed what everyone knew. That the higher the tier, the bigger the gold usage. Type 5 "pre-nerf" and 183 had 50% gold usage. Tier X in general was between 30 to 40% for the most part. Low tiers had mostly 0%. mid-tiers was 10 to 20%. Tho they also did inc tanks that can't even use gold ammo that dragged the average down. As tanks like the St.Emil can't use it on his top gun, so he was way below the average tier 7.

But as for a per player stat? No I don't see the point in that. As you said, nothing good will come out of it. And it might shut some up as they have a higher % then the one they want to rage at. But if they are lower, it will be an invite to rage PM and be more toxic then needed. Tbh we don't need more of that here.

2ish years is a long time in WGing years.  A lot can change

Maybe just a yearly update if they don't want to implement constant statistics and put more stress on their hamsters.

Maybe make the per player stats only visible to the player?  But I guess if someone is worried enough about it they will just keep their own stats on the side.

22:30 Added after 0 minute

View PostBaldrickk, on 20 November 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

Prem ammo is 5%!

Was 5%, but is it still the case?

:)

Dava_117 #5 Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:39 PM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostUserZer00, on 20 November 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

If you avarage all tier yes, it's likely the same. 

But of course an M2 shooting 4 40 round clips in a game of standard ammo is dragging down the avarage a lot. ;)

SovietBias #6 Posted 21 November 2019 - 01:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39076 battles

About 0%, I'd say.

When they decided to 'release' some statistics a few years back (I believe it was around 0.9.18 patch) they made sure they were completely unusable by averaging across all tiers, thus including lower tier autocannons, and served no other purpose than to support the narrative of premium ammo not being a growing issue.

Take a look at average XP per battle, as reported in your service record : what could be a great performance indicator is rendered useless because WG adamantly refuses to remove the effect of premium time. It's probably the only place left where it still is accounted for, as most missions only count base XP.

Edited by SovietBias, 21 November 2019 - 01:43 AM.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostUserZer00, on 20 November 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

2ish years is a long time in WGing years.  A lot can change

Maybe just a yearly update if they don't want to implement constant statistics and put more stress on their hamsters.

Maybe make the per player stats only visible to the player?  But I guess if someone is worried enough about it they will just keep their own stats on the side.

22:30 Added after 0 minute

Tbh, as I said. I doubt the % difference is any different on most of them. It might have dropped on the Type 5 now that not many use the derp anymore. But not on many others. Making it visible to only you? Well they could add ammo stats to your daily session stats. But for most I suspect the big red number under ammo is enough of a sign.

And 5% was the average across all tanks. Again they did include tanks like the T7CC that can't use gold at all. Or tanks that can't use gold ammo on their top guns like the tier 7 St.Emil. And thus drags the average down to make it seem like less. But on tier 8+ it was ofc way way higher then 5%. And I doubt that's gone below 30% on most of them now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users