A Selfish Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30766 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

Does such a clan exist that has a top stronghold whereby it's members get the benefits of extra credits and xp etc but also a clan that doesn't actually engage all that much in clan war stuff lol?

I placed something like this in the wrong sections yesterday and "got rid of it" but basically what I was getting at was the above statement. "so take all and give nothing back to your clan? beat it scrub!" well no, I don't mean that. I definitely enjoy playing my random battles and across most tiers, evidently but at the same time I would certainly wouldn't mind the idea of being with clan with equally experienced players(around 3k wn8 generally speaking) to toon for all those new game offerings in which it would clearly benefit to do so, along with tooning for some credit grinding at tier8 and just having some lols with fun tanks that experienced players.

I do this with WoT buddies whenever the mood takes me anyway and even play some clan skirmishes but I while I have all the freedom I want, equally I wouldn't have that large number of players to tap into when these Front Lines or Steel Hunter or just anything where having an immediate access to tooning would be a nice luxury so I'm just floating it out there. Maybe all clans worth their salt require strong commitment levels to clan wars and such but the one thing I suppose has kept me from joining a clan for so long is that work sort of feeling that can exist within some clans and turn something that's a fun pass time and hobby(But you can bet your backside I play to win!) into something I would no longer enjoy because of pressure or obligations within a clan.

Anyway, if you guys can give me a typical "expectation" of what a clan with decent players expects from its members yet how its still mutually beneficial that would be great and then I can decide if joining a clan is for me or not. Thanks. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 21 November 2019 - 03:12 PM.

Nayonac #2 Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22966 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

i would say most likely not, since you need to play to pay for the boosters, so if you have good boosts and use them with out playing more clans stuff you can't make new ones. so you will only get back what you put in. So if you put in nothing you get nothing back in benefit.

Although saying that, you only need to do a few winning advances a week to run days worth of boosts, so if they are good enough its not a problem to do a very small amount to get the boosters you want 

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30766 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G
Ah, I understand, never new that. I was under the incorrect impression that when a clan levels up it's stronghold buildings, it unlocks X amount of buffs per day or increases the % return of each buff. So having a higher level building doesn't actually increase buffs or anything, you still have to play battles to get them? Like a clan with lets say a level 10 stronghold doesn't get a few hours of buffs a week for free because of achieving a level 10 stronghold?

lotusblossom #4 Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34220 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6
This is the reason clans expect a certain level of commitment from their members. If members dont play enough in advances and skirmishes (which tend to need to be TX to run frequent big bonuses) then the clan cant make them up. If you have members putting in the effort earning the points required they are going to wonder why they are supporting freeloaders in the clan and start pressuring the clan leaders or leave. 

Immensive #5 Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:39 AM

Sergeant

• 48049 battles
  • [HOOT] HOOT

View PostTungstenHitman, on 21 November 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Ah, I understand, never new that. I was under the incorrect impression that when a clan levels up it's stronghold buildings, it unlocks X amount of buffs per day or increases the % return of each buff. So having a higher level building doesn't actually increase buffs or anything, you still have to play battles to get them? Like a clan with lets say a level 10 stronghold doesn't get a few hours of buffs a week for free because of achieving a level 10 stronghold?

Leveling a building up will increase the Tier of the boosters that it is able to produce. Higher boosters means higher effects, but keep in mind that higher boosters are usually costing more in production.

You have to play T6, T8, T10 strongholds games + advances to get the resources for the production (While T10 sh and advances are the most rewarding ones).

You wont get them for free. All together its a grind.

Clans that don´t play sh actively wont be able to run boosters.

Also there are different kind of clans. (Playing sh doesn´t mean to be forced to play cw. Every clan has their own routines/guidelines.)

Some clans force their members to play amount X of sh games per month. They usually are able to run multiple boosters daily.

Other clans take some more chill approach and play sh only time by time. They are only able to run them sometimes.

Edited by Immensive, 22 November 2019 - 11:51 AM.

scrontch #6 Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 30060 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Hey,

Signal Spike is a freestyle clan for casual, above-average (WN8>1250, WR>52%) players.

No obligations whatsoever and no clan activities. (we did t6 skimrishes but only very rarely).

With this we are able to run a lv6 credits boost once per day, usually during prime time 21h-23h.

You probably wont be able to get much more if your clan doesn't run clan activities.

And if it does, it seems legit to request participation.

sincerely,

Scrontch

Timewarp76 #7 Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 21344 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
We're trying to do what you are asking for TungstenHitman.
Mostly just a platoon, tournament and trying to get more into strongholds, so far our base is level VII.
If you are interested in our Beer Belly Master Mindz community stop by and say hi.

Here is our discord server link  https://discord.gg/mezA43q

350+ users, Love to grab some games with you! More than welcome to join the team! Hope to see you soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users