rewards premium tanks tier-8 anniversary

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

PraefectusMors #1 Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 56471 battles
  • [PELTI] PELTI

First; thanks WG! You remembered my 5-years anniversary and wanted to give me something; you gave me awesome video, 30% discount coupon, 3-premium days and free tank. Not bad bag, we would say :)

Still, for later use and on-coming rewards for other players, I would ask you to rethink these rewards a little bit.

Basic: all players have different situations.

For me, what was useful from those rewards what you gave? 3-premium days and "maybe" that discount coupon. (Video was fun etc. but it doesn't effect my gaming) But how about that tank? You gave me tier-8 Progetto 46, which I have earlier bought and played hundreds of battles already. And because of that, you gave me compensation 1.000.000 credits.

As a player who already have all tier-X tanks from tanktrees (yes, all 55 is in my garage currently +3 specials) and dozens of premium tanks + over 1500 pcs personal reserves (which easily allow me to make more than 140.000.000 credits in battles).... you make me to compare credits vs. euros. Someone else is getting nice 20-30 euros value tank and I get what, credits worth of few euros. After spending euros already to that tank.

So please, please - give a player option to choose which premium tank he wants! Eg. myself I would like to catch Type 59, T-44-100 or so - that would make me on same level as others + would have given me more reasons to continue playing. Now you gave me days and coupon - you think at I want to use euros after this? And by saying truth, I'm seriously looking the reason to continut playing... (don't speak about get better skills or just for fun :) )

Think WG, think! Reward idea was great and I'm thankfully at you wanted to remember - this time you almost made more harm by your non-optional reward. And it is nothing away from you if you give the option to choose.

Edited by PraefectusMors, 22 November 2019 - 09:46 AM.

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:05 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30786 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

So WG gave you a free Progetto 46, premium time and a voucher as a thank you for playing their free game and because you already have the Progetto so got 1mil credits instead, you're going to quit the game? Wow just.... wow, I get your point but damn that's really spoiled child syndrome.

WoT and indeed WoWs is one of the most generous free to play games I've encountered. It's riddled with annoying things like arty blah blah but at the same time its a really fun game that a person can literally be played entirely for free and don't need to spend any money on this game to be competitive nor is the pay to win element ever a real game changer. It's not like you can spend money and win, you can improve your chances slightly but that's about all, a good experienced free to play player will spank a wallet noob every time and so it's just a bit staggering to see some guy get a free Progetto and then lash out like that because he already has it and feels hard done by.   

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:06 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13170 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
:amazed:

PowJay #4 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:10 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40532 battles

The part about choosing a prize tank is not unreasonable.

As for the rest- :facepalm:

PraefectusMors #5 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 56471 battles
  • [PELTI] PELTI

View PostTungstenHitman, on 22 November 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

So WG gave you a free Progetto 46, premium time and a voucher as a thank you for playing their free game and because you already have the Progetto so got 1mil credits instead, you're going to quit the game? Wow just.... wow, I get your point but damn that's really spoiled child syndrome.

No, I'm not quiting gaming because of this reward. The reason why I THINK at I MIGHT end playing is just I don't currently have mainly any other reason to continue than clan battles. So do not continue that insulting if you cannot read and understand everything.

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:16 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30786 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostPraefectusMors, on 22 November 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

No, I'm not quiting gaming because of this reward. The reason why I THINK at I MIGHT end playing is just I don't currently have mainly any other reason to continue than clan battles. So do not continue that insulting if you cannot read and understand everything.

If you have no reason to play then that's not anything got to do with getting some free anniversary gifts so stop trying to comb in some rubbish story about leaving with nothing left to do because you're ACTUALLY feeling sorry for yourself about only getting 1mil credits because you already have the tank WG gifted you. That's how it reads, that's how it is and that's what you are saying. Did I miss the point? I don't think so. Leave, stay, whatever, but at least drop the bull story.  

Edited by TungstenHitman, 22 November 2019 - 10:19 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34515 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostPraefectusMors, on 22 November 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

You came here to complain about being given free stuff. What's not to understand?

PraefectusMors #8 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 56471 battles
  • [PELTI] PELTI

View PostTungstenHitman, on 22 November 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

If you have no reason to play then that's not anything got to do with getting some free anniversary gifts so stop trying to comb in some rubbish story about leaving with nothing left to do because you're ACTUALLY feeling sorry for yourself about only getting 1mil credits because you already have the tank WG gifted you. That's how it reads, that's how it is and that's what you are saying. Did I miss the point? I don't think so. Leave, stay, whatever, but at least drop the bull story.  

You really did miss the whole point, but that is so common on this forum at people is focusing only to insulting others, forced misunderstandings etc.

You should once again read whole post and realize what there reads:
- Thanks wg
- Kindly ask to rethink reward methods
- all players have different situations
- my _personal situation_ is just example WHY it would be good to have option to select yourself the reward tank

Geez at this forum is playing field for kindergard age guys who cannot start to think. They more or less comment and answer always with anger...

Spurtung #9 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:24 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75102 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

PraefectusMors #10 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 56471 battles
  • [PELTI] PELTI

View PostSpurtung, on 22 November 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

Beethoven or maybe Bach? :)

Spurtung #11 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75102 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostPraefectusMors, on 22 November 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

Beethoven or maybe Bach? :)

Doesn't matter what's being played.

It's all about where it's being played on.

PraefectusMors #12 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 56471 battles
  • [PELTI] PELTI

View PostSpurtung, on 22 November 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

Doesn't matter what's being played.

It's all about where it's being played on.

I would like to say on opposite - it should not be matter at where (like this forum) but clearly see at if you want speak things by common sense + ideas, you should sent them only by private messages to wg. Otherwise you get only insulted etc.

PowJay #13 Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:41 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40532 battles

View PostPraefectusMors, on 22 November 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

But this is what you said:

View PostPraefectusMors, on 22 November 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

you think at I want to use euros after this? And by saying truth, I'm seriously looking the reason to continut playing... (don't speak about get better skills or just for fun :) )

I do see where you are coming from. No argument here that you got a few Euro's worth of credits instead of a tank, but the highlighted element is what I think has triggered some people.

If, as you said later, you were already looking for a reason to leave, then you could have said something along the lines of "I am already getting bored with the game, other than Clan Wars and I was thinking of stopping playing. This kind of behaviour from WG has made me more likely to quit."

The way it reads is, as others have said, "WAAAAAAAAAAAH, I got something I didn't want or need and I am going home, and I am taking the ball with me".

You do have to forgive the forumites who actually read what you write and respond in kind. Many of us do not have the ability to find hidden meaning in the things that various whiners post- not necessarily labelling you a whiner. Just saying.

xx984 #14 Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:43 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65083 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
The prem tank is only 30 day rental anyway

Crashzi #15 Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7685 battles
A free prem tank is a dream for f2p boys

Balc0ra #16 Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74420 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

So you want WG to give you a free Type 59 because you already had the Progetto? Well, nice try at least.

That's how it's always have been. The rewards are usually locked. And if you already have it, you get compensated for it with silver. Just like marathons etc. If you want options, then the tank reward events are the only one that gives it too you. As before that, we only have had one event with multiple choices. Back when they had the KV-220/Type 62 Marathons. But you could only get one.

As if you buy everything that comes along that some do. Then you will have most rewards that do appear. And WG can't dig out something you don't have always. As in the "rare" pile for obvious reasons.

Steffin #17 Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27893 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
If you already have most of the tanks in game, even if they let you choose, there is still a big chance you already have all the options they give you.  This reward is useful for 99% of the players that reach 5 years of playing, you are just a very special case

geoff99 #18 Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43352 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

OP, I read your initial post as constructive feedback and not a whine. :great:

I get where you're coming from. I've been playing this game for years too and sometimes you need to have a reason to keep on playing. Its helpful if WG provide some incentives to do so. Pointing this out isn't necessarily negative, its just thinking out loud.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users