Hight hit ratio, low victory percentage.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Dan_Abnormal #1 Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29024 battles
So is this just bad luck or am I doing something wrong?

I have a decent hit ratio (79/80% in some tanks) but I don't seem to be able to better 50% win ratio, is this just down to luck with the random battles or something else?

Ignore my overall hit ratio, I play arty, plus it takes into account when I was a noob lol.

Paaranoja #2 Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 27025 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
Hit ratio only shows you that you have a good aim, while important in this game, it is only a fraction of things needed to win a game ;)

your hit ratio is fine, no go and improve other things...

Zowie #3 Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12936 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
well, aslong as you have 50% or better win ratio, you are doing over average.

Getting higher is harder, because its not only based on you, but alot the other 14 on the team

JayJay4466 #4 Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18307 battles
What's your damage per battle like? You could be hitting things but not hurting them.

(Just in case its not obvious, divide total damage by number of battles)

Dan_Abnormal #5 Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29024 battles
Thanks. But if I'm hitting high ratio then what else can I do? I like to target the bigger enemy tanks for the sake of the team, I see lots of times big tanks on our team going for easy kills when there is an E-100 nearby...

So tips on improving gameplay other than aiming would be good, thanks!

Figment #6 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 22701 battles
I have a lower hit ratio, higher win ratio.

If it would have to do with hit ratio, perhaps you're being either too greedy with shells spent, or too static while firing.

JayJay4466 #7 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18307 battles
I've just looked at your stats and they don't look bad to me- average xp, damage per battle and survival rating are all good for the tiers you are mainly operating in- and 51% win rate is good too- average across all players is just below 49%.

Maybe you just need to keep doing what you're doing- you're not a bad player at all!

FrostDX #8 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12464 battles
It's not just hit ratio that determines players skill. You can take pz3 and shot 20/20 into KV-3 and ding all 20 times. If you really want to see how good you are - divide dmg dealt with number of battles so you will get dmg per battle, that one is more important.

Plus, hit ratio sometimes can be counter indicator, I've seen a guy who had around 85-90% hit ratio on his high tiers (with all tanks in total it was 80% I think) and his win % was below 49%. I calculated his dpm and it wasn't that good. So what was the catch? He probably just take sure shots, and didn't played aggressively, and such style of play often leads to disaster.

So if you really want to see where you are - calculate your dpm (but you should do it for each tank separately cause low tiers really can ruin it).

Dan_Abnormal #9 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29024 battles
I do only fire if I'm certain of hitting, no point wasting shells/credits on "maybe" shots.

dmg per battle is 496 (if I've worked it out correctly) but that again takes into account a lot of battles when I was a noob, it took me a long time to remember the maps and get a hang of what to do.

Dan_Abnormal #10 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29024 battles

View PostJayJay4466, on 29 December 2011 - 09:06 PM, said:

I've just looked at your stats and they don't look bad to me- average xp, damage per battle and survival rating are all good for the tiers you are mainly operating in- and 51% win rate is good too- average across all players is just below 49%.

Maybe you just need to keep doing what you're doing- you're not a bad player at all!

Thanks. What about the higher tiers? I spend most of my time now in tier 8 vehicles, what are good stats for these? I know most of my battles are in lower tiers, I just kept going back to them because they seemed more fun (T-50, SU-85, SU-26)

typhaon #11 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10801 battles
If you already play quite good, there is not much you can do to improve your success... all you can do is improve your satisfaction by accepting, that you cannot defeat the enemy alone and that even you do well in battle, your team can ruin your day... if you learned that lesson, you won't be better, but you will feel better, because you have no reason to blame yourself.

JayJay4466 #12 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18307 battles

View PostDushan79, on 29 December 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

Thanks. What about the higher tiers? I spend most of my time now in tier 8 vehicles, what are good stats for these? I know most of my battles are in lower tiers, I just kept going back to them because they seemed more fun (T-50, SU-85, SU-26)

If you look here:

http://forum.worldof...-statistics-ii/

You can see a lot of statistics for all players on the EU server. They are also all broken down by vehicle as well so you can check your own performance against the average.

Its well worth a look.

corrado_comrade #13 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 26659 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

View PostDushan79, on 29 December 2011 - 08:59 PM, said:

Thanks. But if I'm hitting high ratio then what else can I do? I like to target the bigger enemy tanks for the sake of the team, I see lots of times big tanks on our team going for easy kills when there is an E-100 nearby...

So tips on improving gameplay other than aiming would be good, thanks!

dinging the biggest enemy tank is not the thing to do to make your team win. if you're in a battle with a lot of higher tiers than yours, support and help them. if you're a medium help medium spotting and tracking, defend arty when you're in a good arty map, if you're a heavy help big heavies or keep clean the flanks of your TDs. remember that when the matchmaking mess up and the teams are really unbalanced, you can help push a side fast and go cap (to apply pressure on enemy team making em split.) even if you fail, you probably gave the opportunity your main pushing force to advance.

if you're the highest tank in your team, ask for support. this also mean your role is to play good. if you rush and die, your team lose the highest tank and will give the enemy an advantage. if you ask to set a defence in a zone and lead the main advance on the other side, the win will be smooth and fun.

in my last tank, i have a 70ish % hit ratio with a increasing 58% win ratio. sometimes i get in dumb zero teamwork matches, sometimes i go paired with good and smart players, sometimes the whole team simply overwhelm the opposition. i only play medium tanks so i rarely take part of the main assault group... but sniping the flank of an enemy E100/IS7/maus or defending the arty by an incoming rushing wolfpack, can give your team an advantage.

see, scouts have a really low damage value and not so useful hit ratio, but their spotting ability and distracting elements, makes your team advance and win.

Dan_Abnormal #14 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29024 battles
Current example:

T28
win ratio 40%
Hit ratio 77%
av dmg per battle 1160

sylfin #15 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3600 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDushan79, on 29 December 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

I do only fire if I'm certain of hitting, no point wasting shells/credits on "maybe" shots.

dmg per battle is 496 (if I've worked it out correctly) but that again takes into account a lot of battles when I was a noob, it took me a long time to remember the maps and get a hang of what to do.

Do you mean that in general you are aiming in the middle of the tank to be sure you hit? Cause in that case you could try to improve your damage output by aiming at weak spots (for example the turret ring). Those areas have thin armor in general and although they are more difficult to hit (and thus increasing the chance you miss), it will actually give you a higher damage output in the end because of better penetration.

war4peace #16 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Translator
  • 15149 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
Check this website, obtain a heap of stats about your account.

SastusBulbas #17 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 25834 battles
  • [I-OU] I-OU
Don't get hung up on damage dealt, it is dependant on gun type, and ammo used, premium ammo can give an advantage as can playing in the right team such as platoon or clan.

I would prefer to do damage than get kills, but you take every shot you can when you have to. An 8hp tank may still pose a threat, but if there is a medium team mate next to you, and there is a bigger target behind that 8hp enemy, you have to weigh up such things.

I also believe matchmaker can make things pretty bad at times in random battles. You just don't always get the oportunity to do maximum damage to every tank you meet, if you meet enough at all, and without team work most of us are not much use, I don't go for the "single tank makes all the difference" baloney.

Two days in a row, nothing but losses with each arty I took into random battle. Most deaths due to a light or medium tank getting through a completely empty or undefended flank (sometimes not even getting far from the cap circle), others due to scouts getting ignored. Some I was not in the best position to get many hits in, not had one game this week where a player in a random battle want to scout, target or track an enemy for me.

Having a high hit ratio is a good thing, it means you are at least hitting the target. But even if you know where to aim, you cannot guarantee hitting that spot with current game dynamics at distance.

spuriousmonkey #18 Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23755 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postwar4peace, on 29 December 2011 - 09:24 PM, said:

Check this website, obtain a heap of stats about your account.

ah...i am bad.

I receive more damage than I deal out. That's not good. It means i am not pulling my weight.

Dan_Abnormal #19 Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29024 battles

View Postsylfin, on 29 December 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

Do you mean that in general you are aiming in the middle of the tank to be sure you hit? Cause in that case you could try to improve your damage output by aiming at weak spots (for example the turret ring). Those areas have thin armor in general and although they are more difficult to hit (and thus increasing the chance you miss), it will actually give you a higher damage output in the end because of better penetration.

No I never just aim for the middle. What I mean is that if the shot is not certain ( lets say half the target is hidden and at distance, or they are moving very fast directly across my path, or the only shot is to a part of the tank I know wont damage) then I wont take it.

My problem with my win ratio is that it says to me this game is just pure luck not skill, 50% chance of winning I may as well toss a coin.

Tank_Killer1 #20 Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 46765 battles
  • [UNICA] UNICA
My win ratio is 55% sometimes going to 56% and my overall hit ratio is 75%.

I'm still only a average players even after thousands of games.

It's a team game and winning all depends on how competent your team is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users