• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Jethro_Grey #1 Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4539 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

Frontline is the best thing about WoT, there are only two things that irk me: 

The ridiculous amount of EBRs in game (and the lack of them in the premium store), and the fact that i have to wait bloody ages now till the next installment. 

Why do we have to wait till next year for the next installment? Xmas? Oh, c'mon, like that would prevent people to spend money on over prized loot crates for rare/ overpowered tanks. 

Pls WeeGee dudes and dudettes, make Frontline available each month for at least one week, and i promise i buy at least one of your rip-off prized Xmas loot boxes with surprise mechanics and a insignificant - but at least mathematically existing - drop chance of dropping something useful, even tho i couldn't give a flying toss about WoT loot crates under normal circumstances.  

Pls? 

Edited by Jethro_Grey, 22 November 2019 - 02:27 PM.

BeefCrtinBandit #2 Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7958 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
FL is what this game should be. RB sandbox mode should be for ranked and team battles.   I get frustrated with FLs but i enjoy  it far more than regular matches.

Maschinenkanone #3 Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45885 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

The large maps of FL show exponentially what is wrong with those clowncars in general: Speed & maneuverability in context of innaccurate guns (high RNG) and the general lower pace of the game and its standard tanks.

Clowncars just dont fit into the game as everyone with a bit of common sense would understand. An insight which isnt new actually. It was clearly communcated right from the start that this will be a fail. But they didnt listen. Like with artillery.

Now we can suck it up.    

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30786 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

I gave FL another try recently and was quickly reminded why I didn't like it before. I actually don't know how anyone does it takes the worst things in this game and just adds more of it.

Every hates arty - Yet FL as more arty than ever, as a consumable, yay! Are we all having stunned uncounterable fun yet? well also have airstrikes too because why not. Don't like arty in randoms? Well now you get to be artied not just the odd time but pretty much all the time instead lol. So dumb. Add to this the main objective appears to cap and reset cap, the cap itself is small obviously so because everyone has these arty and/or airstrikes... ya, not a genius or particularly challenging for a defending team to blind shoot spam a cap thats being capped with arty and airstrikes but no no it gets EVEN better. Why no also add some spotting consumable too just to take the P altogether so now you don't even have to risk your tank spotting.... nice how all those hours and months of grinding crew skills like BIA and CAMO are all rendered completely useless in an instant without anyone even having to risk their tank to make the spot. What's to like? Terrible and the standard of average player.... the less said the better. 

Negativvv #5 Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14103 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

What exactly do people like about FL other than single tier MM?

I grinded one Prestige to see what it was like and found the game mode rather dull where certain tanks are even more essential than Random Battles.

Random Battles is still the mode for me as there's plenty of learning and tactical thought behind each game.

Jethro_Grey #6 Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4539 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostTungstenHitman, on 22 November 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

I gave FL another try recently and was quickly reminded why I didn't like it before. I actually don't know how anyone does it takes the worst things in this game and just adds more of it.

Every hates arty - Yet FL as more arty than ever, as a consumable, yay! Are we all having stunned uncounterable fun yet? well also have airstrikes too because why not. Don't like arty in randoms? Well now you get to be artied not just the odd time but pretty much all the time instead lol. So dumb. Add to this the main objective appears to cap and reset cap, the cap itself is small obviously so because everyone has these arty and/or airstrikes... ya, not a genius or particularly challenging for a defending team to blind shoot spam a cap thats being capped with arty and airstrikes but no no it gets EVEN better. Why no also add some spotting consumable too just to take the P altogether so now you don't even have to risk your tank spotting.... nice how all those hours and months of grinding crew skills like BIA and CAMO are all rendered completely useless in an instant without anyone even having to risk their tank to make the spot. What's to like? Terrible and the standard of average player.... the less said the better. 

I can't argue against any of your points...especially against the arty one and the player/ teamplay one. 

I was furious yesterday, as i moved up to defend one cap, cause i had 3 heavies, one light and two other mediums as support...or so i thought. 

Defending this last cap was necessary, so i assumed, that all these players behind me understood that if we don't defend the cap and hold the push, we gonna lose rather quickly. 

A few seconds later my tank exploded, while all of them were sitting in the dip behind the ridge, unable to shoot anything and just waited there, watching as the enemy team capped uncontested and then proceeded to steam roll everyone of these camper sh*ts. 

3 mins later the games was lost. 

So, why would i want more of that - and all the things you mentioned? 

Two reasons: 

1. the maps are larger, which is something the standard maps should be (maybe a bit smaller then the FL maps due to only 15vs15), which allows me to play my mediums and lights they way - i think -they should be played: as flankers and spotters.

2. the games last longer, no steam rolls to one side or the other.

And while it can be a chore with teams like those mentioned above, it also allows me to farm more crew XP and credits.

While true, that everything bad and horrible about WoT is dialed to 111 in FL, i think that everything good about WoT is dialed up to 11 at least.

FL is - for me at least - way more fun then the standard game.

BTW, i know that i have to pay repair for each destroyed tank, BUT, do i lose XP if i lose my tank? 

Is there some kind of XP penalty? 

Stevies_Team #7 Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14841 battles

FL is a fabulous relief from the interminable grind of randoms

Kraftwerk is very good and gives slower tonks a decent chance

The future of WoT is FL

it sure as heck aint randoms

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:06 PM

Bartender

• 18415 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 22 November 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Add to this the main objective appears to cap and reset cap, the cap itself is small obviously so because everyone has these arty and/or airstrikes... ya, not a genius or particularly challenging for a defending team to blind shoot spam a cap thats being capped with arty and airstrikes but no no it gets EVEN better.

Also worth mentioning that most caps are designed in a way that there's basically one or two positions to sit in and cap unless your team owns the entire area around the cap (so it's like 15 to 5, Attackers vs Defenders), so it's generally very obvious where to put them even if the cap isn't spotted. I'm so glad to finally be done with Frontline this season in it's entirety.

DangerMouse #9 Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29736 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
So have enough tokens for the STA only, do I bother with it or just wait and trade them in for whatever WG give us for them?

Bordhaw #10 Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15308 battles

View PostDangerMouse, on 22 November 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

So have enough tokens for the STA only, do I bother with it or just wait and trade them in for whatever WG give us for them?

If you bother to look, we already know what we can trade them in for. 

vilken_banana #11 Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31757 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 22 November 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

If you bother to look, we already know what we can trade them in for. 

Can you tell when and how we could change prestige points to gold and bonds? I have 21 points waiting. Help old retired retard with this please. 

LincolnTank #12 Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11203 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
FL maps are tediously repetitive and do not give a proper ability to diversify tactics as the chokepoints and terrain on the maps don’t vary in any way

Spurtung #13 Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75102 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostMaschinenkanone, on 22 November 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

An insight which isnt new actually. It was clearly communcated right from the start that this will be a fail. But they didnt listen. Like with artillery.

Arty was part of the game since the very start, not the best analogy there.

19:51 Added after 3 minute

View Postvilken_banana, on 22 November 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

Can you tell when and how we could change prestige points to gold and bonds? I have 21 points waiting. Help old retired retard with this please. 

When this season ends would be a fair guess, no?

Next Monday onward, at some point.

Ilknur_Ibryam #14 Posted 23 November 2019 - 12:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13728 battles

View PostLincolnTank, on 22 November 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

FL maps are tediously repetitive and do not give a proper ability to diversify tactics as the chokepoints and terrain on the maps don’t vary in any way

You just described random maps. Plenty of option on FL maps to not get stuck at choke points.

Ilknur_Ibryam #15 Posted 23 November 2019 - 12:32 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13728 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 22 November 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

While there are nukes, at least you can regen your HP lost to arty strikes and the respawns make it being focused by arty/strikes less painful.

Sure if the bomb drops were less it would be great. The spotting consumable however is wonderful. I cant think of a better tool.

Steeleye_Spam #16 Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35278 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I also got the first prestige point and never played again. Besides the arty strike silliness, its also massively biased against the defending team, which spends half of the battle running away from battleship bombardment when they lose a sector. Its also hugely repetitive, much more so than randoms, and as previous posters have mentioned, dominated by a small number of premium models which suite the mode.

FizzleMcSnizzle #17 Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20969 battles
Was bored of Frontline within three games of original version. Haven't played it since, but doubt it has improved much

Inappropriate_noob #18 Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:35 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17513 battles

View PostJethro_Grey, on 22 November 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

Frontline is the best thing about WoT, there are only two things that irk me: 

The ridiculous amount of EBRs in game (and the lack of them in the premium store), and the fact that i have to wait bloody ages now till the next installment. 

Why do we have to wait till next year for the next installment? Xmas? Oh, c'mon, like that would prevent people to spend money on over prized loot crates for rare/ overpowered tanks. 

Pls WeeGee dudes and dudettes, make Frontline available each month for at least one week, and i promise i buy at least one of your rip-off prized Xmas loot boxes with surprise mechanics and a insignificant - but at least mathematically existing - drop chance of dropping something useful, even tho i couldn't give a flying toss about WoT loot crates under normal circumstances.  

Pls? 

You forgot a third thing, arty,arty is an ingame mode in FL,it doesn't need anymore regular arty in it,nothing will change on that but,that would be the third thing that get me.

03:38 Added after 2 minute
Like it or not it should be a regular mode away from randoms,far better as it is tier 8 only,take it away then at least replace it with something else,ofc this will fall on WG's retarded deaf ears:angry:

Naughtilus #19 Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:44 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29325 battles
FL is dull, repetitive, and even the new map gets quickly figured out. And it was absolutely NOT prepared for the wheeled vehicles, which kind of ruined the mode even further.

VarzA #20 Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:18 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27434 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

I hope they turn FL into a constant gamemode, extend it to T6, with clear tips on what you should do and how and have tier specific rewards activated now and then.

They also need to bring up a cap on the amount of arty/bombing run consumables that get used in a certain area, and to make a distinction between being spotted by someone or by recon plane (10-12s vs 30s).

Edited by VarzA, 23 November 2019 - 09:19 AM.

Also tagged with Frontline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users