Jump to content


New players need some help plus some ideas


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Castamir #1 Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:08 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 68418 battles
  • 15
  • [SETI] SETI
  • Member since:
    07-17-2011

Personally I would like to see some incentive for new players (I am not one btw) to make the game as much fun for them as possible maybe start with 100% crews for each Nations tier 1 tank that can be transferred for free without penalty through each tier till say tier 5 by which time they should have basic understanding of the game.

 

Also the commander to start off with 6th sense.

 

It would be nice to have some form of match making that it keeps the lower level players together in lower tiers to keep them away from seal clubbers/stat padders.

 

I personally would prefer to play games at higher tiers which are only +1/-1 say 10 - 5 line up or maybe 5-5-5 or even all 15 same tier in some form of rotation.

 

It would be nice for the game balance to review the least well performing tanks to get some form of buff on a rolling basis perhaps a simple increase in rate of fire would be easiest to implement initially.

 

I don't think nerfing tanks to to good an idea as it causes a lot of negativity so just buffing worst tanks would easier and make player base feel good.

 

I realise it is a Russian Company with large Russian player base but surely even they must realise how often the USSR tanks are near the top in Win Rate terms and how often other nations like Germany are near the bottom and considering how much money they get from the EU servers is not a good idea to at least move a little in in improving those nation's tanks.

 

I think it is very important for WOT to still earn money so I don't mind they coming up with a pay to win basis for their game so long as it is not too tilted in one direction.

 

I would be happy for example to pay if it were possible via a premium account to limit how many art there are in a battle bit like I can exclude certain maps.

 

Anyways I love the game and noe of the above are meant to be criticisms but to be constructive

 

I really do think there should be a way to make game as appealing for new players as possible even tilting it in the favour initially as with out new blood the game will eventually die out.

 

Thoughts?



Bordhaw #2 Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:33 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15308 battles
  • 5,234
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostCastamir, on 22 November 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Personally I would like to see some incentive for new players (I am not one btw) to make the game as much fun for them as possible maybe start with 100% crews for each Nations tier 1 tank that can be transferred for free without penalty through each tier till say tier 5 by which time they should have basic understanding of the game.

 

Also the commander to start off with 6th sense.

 

It would be nice to have some form of match making that it keeps the lower level players together in lower tiers to keep them away from seal clubbers/stat padders.

 

I really do think there should be a way to make game as appealing for new players as possible even tilting it in the favour initially as with out new blood the game will eventually die out.

 

 

Yes

 

 

View PostCastamir, on 22 November 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

 

I don't think nerfing tanks to to good an idea as it causes a lot of negativity so just buffing worst tanks would easier and make player base feel good.

 

I realise it is a Russian Company with large Russian player base but surely even they must realise how often the USSR tanks are near the top in Win Rate terms and how often other nations like Germany are near the bottom and considering how much money they get from the EU servers is not a good idea to at least move a little in in improving those nation's tanks.

 

I think it is very important for WOT to still earn money so I don't mind they coming up with a pay to win basis for their game so long as it is not too tilted in one direction.

 

I would be happy for example to pay if it were possible via a premium account to limit how many art there are in a battle bit like I can exclude certain maps.

 

No

 

 



MrBinkles #3 Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 37816 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    10-16-2012
Most of did just fine with the game being much more difficult when we started than it is now, why dumb the game down even further....more of the "everybody gets a trophy" era?

TomatoShooter #4 Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:57 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1116 battles
  • 243
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014
Lol, the games is already much more newby friendly..now we have crew books, directives and blue prints to research tanks and train crews so much faster then 6 years ago... 

Balc0ra #5 Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74420 battles
  • 21,302
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostCastamir, on 22 November 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

 till say tier 5 by which time they should have basic understanding of the game.

 

Also the commander to start off with 6th sense.

 

No they won't. Most tier rush to even have a basic understanding of the game at that point. And the learning curve is what has pushed my mates away I bring to this game. Not the crews they get or the MM.

 

But new players now also have a set of new player missions. That gives a 100% crew for a tank of their choice when they want. And a pile of 6th sense directives etc along with crew books to get one crew up to 100%, plus the base book to get to 50% that is there from the go. And tbh, be they 85% base on retraining vs 100% base. It won't make a major difference vs most people they fight tbh on tier 5.

 

View PostCastamir, on 22 November 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

It would be nice to have some form of match making that it keeps the lower level players together in lower tiers to keep them away from seal clubbers/stat padders.

 

They had that. New players only faced people with 2500 games or less on tier III and down. The issue was that it also protected alt account the padders did make. So it made zero difference in the long run.

 

View PostCastamir, on 22 November 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

It would be nice for the game balance to review the least well performing tanks to get some form of buff on a rolling basis perhaps a simple increase in rate of fire would be easiest to implement initially.

 

ROF buff won't even fix half the tanks that are doing badly alone tbh. But there won't be any major buffs now after WG figure out what to do with the gold ammo issue.

 

View PostCastamir, on 22 November 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

I don't think nerfing tanks to to good an idea as it causes a lot of negativity so just buffing worst tanks would easier and make player base feel good.

 

I doubt the majority did feel sad about the HE Type 5 nerf or the 268 4 nerf. As leaving that as is and buffing others up won't fix anything either.

 

View PostCastamir, on 22 November 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

I realise it is a Russian Company with large Russian player base but surely even they must realise how often the USSR tanks are near the top in Win Rate terms and how often other nations like Germany are near the bottom and considering how much money they get from the EU servers is not a good idea to at least move a little in in improving those nation's tanks.

 

 Tiger II etc has a major rework planned. But on RU, RU tanks are what they play the most. So it matters to them. And there is more than one EU nation in this game for just one to matter tbh.

 

View PostCastamir, on 22 November 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

I would be happy for example to pay if it were possible via a premium account to limit how many art there are in a battle bit like I can exclude certain maps.

 

If they did that, then others would be happy to pay not to face 3 EBR's, or even a team full of Super heavies when they play their 50 100. As some hate that more than arty. And if one hate group got their way... It would just create a whine war I suspect.

 

 

 

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users