• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Drakeot #1 Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20100 battles
  • [TZU2] TZU2

Hi.

I have quite a slow internet connection, so updating the game takes a long while. For the bigger updates, I usually have to do it overnight or sometimes over two nights. I have a friend who also play WoT and so most times one of us will download the update and then we will just copy over the files from the "Update" folder and then the other person can update the game through the WoTLauncher without needing to download the update again.

However, since updating to the WGC, it doesn't seem to work anymore. Yesterday's update I copied over to his computer, but it went ahead and started downloading it anyway. I'm just wondering if with the WGC there is a way I can still download the update once, but still update both PCs with it, or if it's not possible at all anymore.

Thanks for your help. I've been googling and checking on the forums, but haven't found anything that addresses this as of yet.

I hope I'm not altogether unclear.  :unsure:

_Patrol #2 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Community Contributor
  • 40837 battles
  • [AW-LE] AW-LE

You must copy subdirectories

Posted Image

or copy updates folder and paste to root_game_folder

Version of the game (SD/HD) is very important.

Drakeot #3 Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20100 battles
  • [TZU2] TZU2
Yes. I did copy the subdirectories, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Maybe I'll try again next time an update rolls in. Both PCs are using the SD client.

Also tagged with WGC, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users