Feedback about SPG

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Zymeth #1 Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7618 battles

Hey,

i had strange game after my first shot i was insta deleted... Can someone explain me how ? It look like a cheat for me

http://wotreplays.eu...-zymeth-su-14-1

Edited by Zymeth, 23 November 2019 - 02:18 PM.

Wintermute_1 #2 Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51491 battles

View PostZymeth, on 23 November 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

Hey,

i had strange game after my first shot i was insta deleted... Can someone explain me how ? It look like a cheat for me

http://wotreplays.eu...-zymeth-su-14-1

Well yeah you got counter artied by the GW panther. On highway it's very obvious where the arty is (especially on your side of the map). There's 3 arty on each team so the GW thought 'OK there will be 3 arty firing in a relatively small area I'll see if I can see one of their tracers'. You fired and stayed put, he countered you, luckily got a direct. Finito.

Zymeth #3 Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7618 battles
Ok if that was blind shot np.

There is no way he saw my shell trace ?

mpf1959 #4 Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30107 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
It happens, but not too often, use a place you think no spg would fire from ;)

Blubba #5 Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 61056 battles

View PostZymeth, on 23 November 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

Yes. He almost certainly saw your trace. As Wintermute has pointed out:

'OK there will be 3 arty firing in a relatively small area I'll see if I can see one of their tracers'.

He did, you didn't move, he fired, you died.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74420 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostZymeth, on 23 November 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

If you press G and zoom out, you can see most of the common SPG areas at the same time and wait for tracers. Or you just look for trees falling etc in that view mode and zoom in on that area and wait. If you go to the common spots, fire and don't move. All he has to do is aim behind where the tracer starts and take you out instantly.

That's why you always move after firing early on if you are on common spots, to see if you get some counter shots near you.

Zymeth #7 Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7618 battles

Then he used a glitch... and WG didnt fix it.

ChristOfTheAbyss #8 Posted 23 November 2019 - 03:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostZymeth, on 23 November 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Then he used a glitch... and WG didnt fix it.

What are you blabbering about? No glitch, no cheat. Just some basic counter arty firing. Extremely basic.

Zymeth #9 Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7618 battles

I will explain why

U are not spoted by any enemy but u takes a hit. Ok he could just blind shot no problem. 

but

There is a thing before he blind shot he saw my shell which helped him to predict my position. (this shell trace is kinda glitch thing).

For me there is no logic... how u can even see firing shell from guy which is siting behind some staff? comeone there should be dealy or maximum view range to see that shell even behin wall...

Sure this is engine of game then ok if this staff is allowed i guess i will do the same thing

barison1 #10 Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 44531 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostZymeth, on 23 November 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

I will explain why

U are not spoted by any enemy but u takes a hit. Ok he could just blind shot no problem. 

but

There is a thing before he blind shot he saw my shell which helped him to predict my position. (this shell trace is kinda glitch thing).

For me there is no logic... how u can even see firing shell from guy which is siting behind some staff? comeone there should be dealy or maximum view range to see that shell even behin wall...

Sure this is engine of game then ok if this staff is allowed i guess i will do the same thing

arty sattelite view is any logical then?

tracers have been here for extremely long, since the start even iirc. easy to just move after shooting in arty, best way to deal with it

Edited by barison1, 23 November 2019 - 04:09 PM.

ChristOfTheAbyss #11 Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

I will explain why

but

Still not a glitch. Built in mechanic.

Edited by ChristOfTheAbyss, 23 November 2019 - 04:13 PM.

Rainbowkiss83 #12 Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24126 battles
  • [_HATE] _HATE
Definetly saw your shell trace, in some maps it's the only thing you can do and personally i think that if you have 3 (even 2) spgs x team in a match it should be your first job.
Don't bother with normal tanks, your duty is to remove this harassment for your teammate (imagine being a heavy trying to hold a position with 3 spgs focused on you)
So by removing at least 1 or better 2 of the spgs u relieve ur comrades from a big threat both physical and psychological.
If it's just 1 spg do not bother u'll  just loose time, yeah u can check the common spots in certain maps for some minutes but other than that: focus the enemy tanks:playing:

Speakin of being correct or not: i find it perfectly fine, arty shells are slow and runs high (just watch the battle of dybbol -soz den-germ guys cannot write it down correctly- clip on youtube you'll see a few seconds where the shells fired from heavy arty are whistling and riding slowly high in the sky, quite impressive) while a normal tank uses more high speed shells and the arc is far way more low, plus it is a way to remove the "comfort zone" of being behind the lines where you can preatty much consider urself  out of risk while instead....SURPRISE! Other arty can see you...move ur big fat metallic [edited]after a shot

Edited by Rainbowkiss83, 23 November 2019 - 04:26 PM.

Fizzymagic #13 Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49803 battles
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-

View PostZymeth, on 23 November 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

I will explain why

but

Arty firing is easy to spot with other arty and I encourage you to do the same thing. Especially with higher tiered arty that has a long reload. When you have a thirty odd second reload you can easily spend 20 of those looking to counter battery as you would need no more than the ten or so remaining to be fully aimed on where your shot is most needed.

It is certainly in the rules just like you would shoot in any vehicle, if practicable to do so, if you saw a tree falling giving you the chance of a blind hit. The target vehicle still hasnt been spotted but its certainly within the rulres.

Also as an afterthought im sure i have seen advice on the game loading page that tells you to look for enemy tracer shots to assist in locating their position. I could however have been  poisoning myself with cider at the time!

Edited by Fizzymagic, 23 November 2019 - 04:43 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #14 Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34515 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

I will explain why

but

This is just how it works. It is a small price to pay for getting to sit safe the other side of the map for most of the game and its not like you do not have an engine, move between shots and make yourself hard to hit.

Even better, do not sit in obvious places, relocate to an unusual position and fire from there. Doing so will also give you shots on things that your other arty cannot see. 

Bordhaw #15 Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15308 battles

View PostZymeth, on 23 November 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

I will explain why

but

Nearly 600 battles and you only just noticed this..

RaxipIx #16 Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34290 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Every arty when shoots, it has a tracer, what that means, in  bird eye view, if someone is checking the area, and you shoot while he does that.He will notice the sheel going up in the sky. He can   fire at that position and if lucky can get a kill.

No line of sight needed to see arty tracers, if that's what you were getting at.

PowJay #17 Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:41 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40532 battles

Do u think that u could actually type English in the future? Even if u are on a fone?

NOT a glitch. Perfectly valid counter-battery fire which I frequently engage in, and do get in return. There are many maps where arty can only be (more) effective from a limited number of places. I will often watch these locations at the start of battle. You can see trees and other objects knocked down and then whoosh. Arty tracer and I have counter batteried and killed with one shot. Boy, you should have seen the rage that came of the one on Tundra. :arta:

Do you think you have reason to complain now? You should have played when you could see every shell tracer. Playing attack on Assault mode was a blast. Find a bush near to the base, watch for a tracer and drop a flaming great shell on it. Tracers have since been removed for all vehicles apart from SPGs and some campaign missions practically require you to counter-battery on visible tracers.

krismorgan #18 Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36944 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
Always move,arty basics 101.

RamRaid90 #19 Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26246 battles
  • [DID0] DID0
He shell mechanics. Part of the reason behind removing arty AP and HEAT too. HE shells fired from any gun leave a tracer AAFAIK.

jack_timber #20 Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41315 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Here's a little tip, well 2 in fact....

Shoot and scoot, in other words fire then move - don't wait for the shell to land just move right away.

When reloading look at 'obvious' arty spots and watch out for tracers. Mark position so your fellow arty(s) can blind shoot. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users