Jump to content


Got 5 days Chat Ban for this.

chat ban

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Judge this case (9 members have cast votes)

Did i violate chat policy?

  1. Yes (9 votes [100.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 100.00%

  2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Should moderator warn me before enforcing a ban?

  1. Yes (4 votes [44.44%])

    Percentage of vote: 44.44%

  2. No (5 votes [55.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 55.56%

Was 5 days chat ban an excessive use of penalty?

  1. Yes (2 votes [22.22%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.22%

  2. No (7 votes [77.78%])

    Percentage of vote: 77.78%

Vote Hide poll

IronCondom #1 Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:59 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11117 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

Yo dawgs,

 

On 20th November, i typed in English General Chat the following "Sign petition on forum to ban muslims from WoT please."

Seconds later, without a warning, i was chat banned for 5 days from "Z.....17" moderator.

 

What would YOU do, if you were the moderator? 

Considering that policy states "Derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, sex, or sexual preference are prohibited.".

 

Now, to stand for my case, i'd like to add the following from my point of view.

1) Its an obvious blank troll-joke. There's no such petition...

3) Derogatory comment. Let us analyze the comment. "Sign petition on forum to ban muslims from WoT please." Where exactly in this phrase is anything to indicate an "insult", "mockery", or "derogation" against the subject Muslim?

3A) What part of the comment triggered the moderator? Was it because i mentionted a religious subject "Muslim"? If so, where's the offense in that?

3B) Was it the "Sign petition on forum to ban" part? This is an opinion expression that does not mention a single derogation comment against the subject "Muslim".

 

To justify a violation of game policy, my comment's subject (Muslim), must have been linked with a derogatory adjective. For example "Sign petition on forum to ban noob muslims from WoT please."

 

Epilogue :

My troll joke does not indicate a derogatory comment. Its a bad troll, yes, still not justified to receive 5 day ban. I believe my trolling triggered a muslim moderator. I find it unjust to receive a maximized 5 day penalty, without given a warning, for a ridiculous troll joke that does not violate game policy.

 

Thanks yall, chat back with you on 25th November :D 

 

 



BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24503 battles
  • 12,277
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010
Ban was correct decision. You'll get another one now for discussing sanctions.....which is correct also.

PeaceWalker1 #3 Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17764 battles
  • 1,266
  • [-WIR_] -WIR_
  • Member since:
    01-21-2012

By saying that they should be banned from wot you might imply that they are somehow bad for the game, which might be seen as an insult. Additionally it wasnt an obvious troll joke because. Not everyone always knows what kind of threads are going on in this forum. In my opinion it was justified, even if it was your attempt at being funny. Anything more that 5 days would have been excessive though, at least if it was your first time.

 

Btw, if i remember correctly they start with banning you for a day or so, were you already banned in the past ?



IronCondom #4 Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:29 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11117 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostPeaceWalker1, on 23 November 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

By saying that they should be banned from wot you might imply that they are somehow bad for the game, which might be seen as an insult. Additionally it wasnt an obvious troll joke because. Not everyone always knows what kind of threads are going on in this forum. In my opinion it was justified, even if it was your attempt at being funny. Anything more that 5 days would have been excessive though, at least if it was your first time.

 

Btw, if i remember correctly they start with banning you for a day or so, were you already banned in the past ?

 

No, first time ever since 2013 to receive a penalty.



PeaceWalker1 #5 Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:36 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17764 battles
  • 1,266
  • [-WIR_] -WIR_
  • Member since:
    01-21-2012

View PostIronCondom, on 23 November 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

 

No, first time ever since 2013 to receive a penalty.

Well, i`ve also been banned in 2012 or 2013, i used a few too much swear words in the general chat.....

Anyway, i guess 3 days would have sent the same message as 5 days, but the general chat can be pretty toxic anyway, so not taking part in it might also be relaxing in my opinion.



_Bajkal #6 Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:31 PM

    Major

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 30521 battles
  • 2,940
  • Member since:
    05-24-2011

I don't think those who moderate chat will bother to how to put it process everything that's going on there like read everything. They will just ban(preferably for longer period) for anything "suspicious" since(again it's just what I think) they don't have to worry about making mistakes and be responsible for unjustified bans. Then again if you just talk about the game you probably don't ever get close to get a ban.

 

Edit and yes since it's a English section - people from the west went under huge amount of propaganda so saying "ban all brits form the game" would most likely not get you a ban than mentioning middle east races.


Edited by _Bajkal, 23 November 2019 - 09:37 PM.


__Eric__ #7 Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:34 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35705 battles
  • 1,369
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013
How many people do you think would consider that as a joke? I guess very few. So imo a deserved ban.

Major_cjs #8 Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:41 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 3941 battles
  • 3,440
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-27-2013
Seems like a fair ban to me.  

MeetriX #9 Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:32 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 24401 battles
  • 4,064
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012
What I have heard. Everyone who use general chat get auto-ban.

jack_timber #10 Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:40 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41315 battles
  • 3,389
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014
I opened General Chat once nearly choked on my cocoa with some of the comments in there. Funnily enough never opened again.

Poisoned_Dwarf #11 Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:02 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 41218 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostIronCondom, on 23 November 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

Yo dawgs,

 

On 20th November, i typed in English General Chat the following "Sign petition on forum to ban muslims from WoT please."

Seconds later, without a warning, i was chat banned for 5 days from "Z.....17" moderator.

 

What would YOU do, if you were the moderator? 

Considering that policy states "Derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, sex, or sexual preference are prohibited.".

 

Now, to stand for my case, i'd like to add the following from my point of view.

1) Its an obvious blank troll-joke. There's no such petition...

3) Derogatory comment. Let us analyze the comment. "Sign petition on forum to ban muslims from WoT please." Where exactly in this phrase is anything to indicate an "insult", "mockery", or "derogation" against the subject Muslim?

3A) What part of the comment triggered the moderator? Was it because i mentionted a religious subject "Muslim"? If so, where's the offense in that?

3B) Was it the "Sign petition on forum to ban" part? This is an opinion expression that does not mention a single derogation comment against the subject "Muslim".

 

To justify a violation of game policy, my comment's subject (Muslim), must have been linked with a derogatory adjective. For example "Sign petition on forum to ban noob muslims from WoT please."

 

Epilogue :

My troll joke does not indicate a derogatory comment. Its a bad troll, yes, still not justified to receive 5 day ban. I believe my trolling triggered a muslim moderator. I find it unjust to receive a maximized 5 day penalty, without given a warning, for a ridiculous troll joke that does not violate game policy.

 

Thanks yall, chat back with you on 25th November :D 

 

 


In a nutshell "You`re an idiot".  :facepalm:

 

Now go sit in a corner & think about your life,

 

Deserved ban.



Asklepi0s #12 Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:42 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Veteran
  • 11014 battles
  • 1,155
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    01-23-2017
Thread is closed.
 





Also tagged with chat ban

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users