Jump to content


You can't always get what you want


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Bulldog_Drummond #1 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33576 battles
  • 10,751
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

One of my more surprising tanks is the Pz III/IV

Nothing about it seems very special, yet it consistently turns in 60% wins

How is this possible?

 

But if you try sometimes, well, you might find
You get what you need



Dava_117 #2 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:32 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23008 battles
  • 5,468
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
I have 70% WR in it after 27 games. Not impressed tho. The tanks looks quite generic, with the only redeeming feature being the hull armour that can troll new player expecting it to be worst than the turret one.

Gruff_ #3 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22826 battles
  • 1,317
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 23 November 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

 

How is this possible?

I see people turn their heads and quickly look away.
Like a newborn baby, it just happens every day.



fwhaatpiraat #4 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:38 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 60163 battles
  • 2,068
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 23 November 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

One of my more surprising tanks is the Pz III/IV

Nothing about it seems very special, yet it consistently turns in 60% wins

How is this possible?

 

But if you try sometimes, well, you might find
You get what you need

Nice song :)



Bulldog_Drummond #5 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33576 battles
  • 10,751
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostDava_117, on 23 November 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

I have 70% WR in it after 27 games. Not impressed tho. The tanks looks quite generic, with the only redeeming feature being the hull armour that can troll new player expecting it to be worst than the turret one.

 

I think there must be something odd about it for it to give me 60% wins compared to my 50% average



Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9307 battles
  • 6,600
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Well, the PzIII/IV is quite a good MT for its tier, imo.

But I think that the winrate I should be getting with it has gone to your account instead. :girl:



Dava_117 #7 Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:53 AM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23008 battles
  • 5,468
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 23 November 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

 

I think there must be something odd about it for it to give me 60% wins compared to my 50% average

 

There surely should be something. Can't see what it is tho. :)



Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:59 AM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 18395 battles
  • 26,873
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
Fun fact, prior to wheelies, Pz. III/IV Was joint on best turret traverse with the T-100.

Major_cjs #9 Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:59 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 3924 battles
  • 3,436
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-27-2013
Some of the tanks I hate I still keep getting good WR in, iirc I have over 60% with the T25/2 and I despise that thing.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74388 battles
  • 21,280
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 23 November 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

One of my more surprising tanks is the Pz III/IV

 

Well, it's one of my worst preforming tier 5's with a 45% WR and over 300 games. Tho it was my first tier 5 back in the day. My 2nd the Pz IV did better "with the old turret and sniper gun".



Bulldog_Drummond #11 Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33576 battles
  • 10,751
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostDava_117, on 23 November 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

 

There surely should be something. Can't see what it is tho. :)

 

There are Secrets that Man was not Meant to Know.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

00:05 Added after 1 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 November 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

 

Well, it's one of my worst preforming tier 5's with a 45% WR and over 300 games. Tho it was my first tier 5 back in the day. My 2nd the Pz IV did better "with the old turret and sniper gun".

 

I cherish these very rare moments when I can do something better than Balcora



Balc0ra #12 Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74388 battles
  • 21,280
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 24 November 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

I cherish these very rare moments when I can do something better than Balcora

 

Well, you know what they say... In order to fly, all one must do is simply miss the ground. And I hit the ground hard playing that one.



PowJay #13 Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:39 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40500 battles
  • 5,620
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

It's one of my keepers. Despite the popularity of the Pz IV H, I never got on with the derp and I see the Pz III/IV as a far better platform for the 75mm gun.

 

It's WR is not awesome, but it's positive, and that's a good start. Its average damage is at least (just) over its HP, which is nice. 

 

Just for comparison, the Pz IV. I owned it twice, but I'm not sure why.

  • Ø Damage 291,81
  • Ø XP 247
  • Battles 190
  • Victories 45,26%

 

And this is the Pz III/IV 

  • Ø Damage 438,99
  • Ø XP 351
  • Battles 340
  • Victories 52,94%

 

I don't take it out often, and it's let me down a few times in it's most recent battles, but it's welcome to stay in my garage for now. The problem is that it's not useful for any specific mission objectives (as well as being too low tier for PMs) so I've no particular use for it.


Edited by PowJay, 24 November 2019 - 02:40 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users