Jump to content


How is this mod legal?

mods mod_advantages viewrange illegal?

  • Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

UserZer00 #21 Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:22 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13993 battles
  • 1,074
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 24 November 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

Nice situation, except neither side of the building would be safe since it'd be too easy to shift his turret based on your movement (dot above your tank is also visible, remember). You're being proxy-spotted so no matter how long you hide behind it, you'll remain spotted.

Don't need a fancy mod for that.

and if it was a TD?

 

Advantage confirmed.

 

Go ahead, admit it.

 

It won't hurt

 

Honest.

 

It's like the difference of backing up your car using just rear and side view mirrors or backing it up using cameras that show you everything around the car.  You get much more information and can make decisions a lot easier with the "bigger picture".


Edited by UserZer00, 24 November 2019 - 01:28 AM.


Venom7000 #22 Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:22 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8165 battles
  • 683
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 24 November 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

Nice situation, except neither side of the building would be safe since it'd be too easy to shift his turret based on your movement (dot above your tank is also visible, remember). You're being proxy-spotted so no matter how long you hide behind it, you'll remain spotted.

Don't need a fancy mod for that.

 

You dont have to be the one proxy spotting each other. The enemy tank can be spotted by another teammate (light for example).
And as we just spoke about it 1 post before you replied again. This mod also allows you to peak during hit and hide situations.


Also the building doesnt have to be a barn/house 8m long. It can be whatever you want. That few extra seconds of him rotating his turret (be it slow or fast) and having to aim again ... increasing his bloom... those things all togheter make a big difference. Especially in a game that is all about RNG on top of RNG coated with RNG :teethhappy:
 

00:24 Added after 2 minute

View PostArissos, on 24 November 2019 - 01:20 AM, said:

Well I watch Circon from time to time so I know he uses it and does it well as he has great awereness in general. Zoom-mod is a useful tool if you know how to use it.

No issues with that and no issues with others using this zoom-mod. Just wish they would make it part of the vanilla.

OT: on phone so cannot quote or I am stupid and don't know how to today


Thats ok. You dont have to quote. But yes you can quote using the phone. Circon is a great player. No doubt about that. However even he is using it without prejudice. No doubt he would still wreck people with out it. But even he said few patches ago that he missed his modpacks when they were unable to be installed and used before a micropatch came and fixed it. So even he admits that this is very useful tool.

I agree with you same way I agreed with Balcora and others. It would be either nice to ban this mod or maybe put it in vanilla. God knows its not that complicated to implement.

00:27 Added after 4 minute

View PostUserZer00, on 24 November 2019 - 01:22 AM, said:

and if it was a TD?

 

Advantage confirmed.

 

Go ahead, admit it.

 

It won't hurt

 

Honest.

 

It's like the difference of backing up your car using just rear and side view mirrors or backing it up using cameras that show you everything around the car.  You get a lot much information and can make decisions a lot easier with the "bigger picture".



I couldn't put it better myself. I couldn't find an example out side of the game. Exactly.
Beeping sensors + 4 lights to show "distance" vs 360degree camera for parking. 


Edited by Venom7000, 24 November 2019 - 01:31 AM.


FrantisekBascovansky #23 Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:35 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36979 battles
  • 947
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

View PostArissos, on 24 November 2019 - 01:20 AM, said:

Well I watch Circon from time to time so I know he uses it and does it well as he has great awereness in general. Zoom-mod is a useful tool if you know how to use it.

No issues with that and no issues with others using this zoom-mod. Just wish they would make it part of the vanilla.
 

 

No. It's a cheat, period.

It gives you significant advantage about your opponent's gun direction.



breeeze #24 Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:56 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39453 battles
  • 650
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014
Ah the good ol pull out mod

Inappropriate_noob #25 Posted 24 November 2019 - 03:10 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 17659 battles
  • 5,488
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
If it is in the mod shop then it is legit most modpacks have it, nothing wrong with it at all

NUKLEAR_SLUG #26 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:01 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 35819 battles
  • 5,447
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

Circon has used that zoom mod for as long as I can remember. Yes, it gives you an advantage just the same as mods that show gun directions/reload timers and other additional information that a vanilla client doesn't provide.

 

If WG allow it then that's up to them, they should really just integrate it into the client, but right now it doesn't change the fact that Circon has no problem using a mod that in certain situations gives him an unfair advantage over non-modded players. 



Quint_Gen #27 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:24 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19336 battles
  • 195
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-22-2016
Surely all mods (other than those which are merely cosmetic) give an advantage. If not, why would we install them?

thetoughcookie #28 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:38 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 48465 battles
  • 510
  • [VIVID] VIVID
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015

What are these mods. Can someone halp me to install them? I think I need that advantage. :B

- Yes I need :popcorn:



Jumping_Turtle #29 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:45 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 72260 battles
  • 8,453
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 24 November 2019 - 12:45 AM, said:

My guess would be that they can't stop it or detect if they wanted to.  Maybe they will just add it to the base client one day like they have with many other mods.

 

I wish they were a little more active with adding things that are usefull. They arent that keen on actually making the game better for everyone



gunslingerXXX #30 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:55 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13859 battles
  • 3,783
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014
I agree. Extra zoom gives a clear gameplay advantage over the vanilla client and should not be allowed. 

Spurtung #31 Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:00 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 77526 battles
  • 7,469
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostMajor_cjs, on 23 November 2019 - 11:25 PM, said:

We have a official mods portal now?

 

https://wgmods.net/

 

All you can get from that page has been vetted by WG as being legal.



Temid23 #32 Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 59844 battles
  • 763
  • [G-STR] G-STR
  • Member since:
    12-20-2013

This is the reason why i don't watch streamer mentioned here. This mod is cheat that allow person using it gain unfair advantage while peaking players behind corner/building etc. It shouldn't be legal for this reason. But this is WG they cant do anything in consistent logical way so it's not.

If player "outplay" you using this mod and you have proof he gain unfair advantage (like clip from stream...) You can always try reporting this to support.

Doubt they will do anything anyway :rolleyes:



Scanmen #33 Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:19 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26395 battles
  • 278
  • [WNB] WNB
  • Member since:
    10-14-2011

View PostTemid23, on 24 November 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

This is the reason why i don't watch streamer mentioned here. This mod is cheat that allow person using it gain unfair advantage while peaking players behind corner/building etc. It shouldn't be legal for this reason. But this is WG they cant do anything in consistent logical way so it's not.

If player "outplay" you using this mod and you have proof he gain unfair advantage (like clip from stream...) You can always try reporting this to support.

Doubt they will do anything anyway :rolleyes:

 

Do you have any other such smart advice? :facepalm:
If not, check out https://wgmods.net for enabled and verified mods.

 


Edited by Scanmen, 24 November 2019 - 10:19 AM.


UserZer00 #34 Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13993 battles
  • 1,074
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostScanmen, on 24 November 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

 

Do you have any other such smart advice? :facepalm:
If not, check out https://wgmods.net for enabled and verified mods.

 

There's nothing wrong with him suggesting that anyone who feels strongly about the issue should open a ticket with support in order to contribute their views on it.

 

Sure it's on the "verified mods" site, but this doesn't mean that input from the players wouldn't be able to impact the existing decision and either have the mod integrated into the game (to level the playing field) or remove it from the "verified mods" site. 

 

Believe it or not, player input into certain factors of game design have actually had an impact on the game itself.

 

It's not clear which method

- posting on the forum

- ticket to support

- phone call to the game designer's mother (no, I'm not really suggesting this......it's a joke, for humor.  You've all heard of that, right?)

is the best way to get your opinions heard, but it's certain that they do occasionally listen.

 

I think the fact that they allow mods to be used for their game is great. It allows people to drive around in purple dinosaurs instead of tanks, add the sounds of dogs barking when they fire their guns, etc. 

 

To each their own is great as long as it doesn't give a clear advantage.

 

WG has the final say on what "clear advantage" is, but in the case of the zoom out mod they may have miscalculated the shade of grey involved.

 



jabster #35 Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:59 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • 26,652
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostUserZer00, on 24 November 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

There's nothing wrong with him suggesting that anyone who feels strongly about the issue should open a ticket with support in order to contribute their views on it.

 

Sure it's on the "verified mods" site, but this doesn't mean that input from the players wouldn't be able to impact the existing decision and either have the mod integrated into the game (to level the playing field) or remove it from the "verified mods" site. 

 

Believe it or not, player input into certain factors of game design have actually had an impact on the game itself.

 

It's not clear which method

- posting on the forum

- ticket to support

- phone call to the game designer's mother (no, I'm not really suggesting this......it's a joke, for humor.  You've all heard of that, right?)

is the best way to get your opinions heard, but it's certain that they do occasionally listen.

 

I think the fact that they allow mods to be used for their game is great. It allows people to drive around in purple dinosaurs instead of tanks, add the sounds of dogs barking when they fire their guns, etc. 

 

To each their own is great as long as it doesn't give a clear advantage.

 

WG has the final say on what "clear advantage" is, but in the case of the zoom out mod they may have miscalculated the shade of grey involved.

 


The fair play policy categorises illegal mods as those that give an advantage and are considered bad for the game not a clear advantage.

10:00 Added after 1 minute

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 November 2019 - 06:01 AM, said:

Circon has used that zoom mod for as long as I can remember. Yes, it gives you an advantage just the same as mods that show gun directions/reload timers and other additional information that a vanilla client doesn't provide.

 

If WG allow it then that's up to them, they should really just integrate it into the client, but right now it doesn't change the fact that Circon has no problem using a mod that in certain situations gives him an unfair advantage over non-modded players. 


Gun directions on the mini-map was made illegal recently and dynamic religious ad reload timers have always been illegal under the FPP.


Edited by jabster, 24 November 2019 - 12:52 PM.


Scanmen #36 Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:08 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26395 battles
  • 278
  • [WNB] WNB
  • Member since:
    10-14-2011

View PostUserZer00, on 24 November 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

There's nothing wrong with him suggesting that anyone who feels strongly about the issue should open a ticket with support in order to contribute their views on it.

 

 

There is truth in what you say, but when somebody feels strongly about some issue, one first case he thinks he may be misinformed and is oriented before he screams fraud.

You know the situation when someone stops in the middle of the field and when is send it to the garage, in a private message you will be accused of using an aimbot. :)


Edited by Scanmen, 24 November 2019 - 11:14 AM.


Bordhaw #37 Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15639 battles
  • 5,332
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 November 2019 - 06:01 AM, said:

Circon has used that zoom mod for as long as I can remember. Yes, it gives you an advantage just the same as mods that show gun directions/reload timers and other additional information that a vanilla client doesn't provide.

 

Which is why these mods were recently banned. 

 



UserZer00 #38 Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:28 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13993 battles
  • 1,074
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostScanmen, on 24 November 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

 

There is truth in what you say, but when somebody feels strongly about some issue, one first case he thinks he may be misinformed and is oriented before he screams fraud.

You know the situation when someone stops in the middle of the field and when is send it to the garage, in a private message you will be accused of using an aimbot. :)

Believe me, I rarely get accused of using aimbot :bush:

 

I agree with you in that some may "cry wolf" a bit too easily, but in this case it may be a wolf or it may be a new breed of dog. 

 

He's just saying it might be nice for WG to take a look and do some DNA testing.

 

It won't impact me much if they do the test and confirm it's just a dog.   I won't walk that dog though as I'm to lazy to install mods.



jabster #39 Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:38 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • 26,652
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostUserZer00, on 24 November 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

Believe me, I rarely get accused of using aimbot :bush:

 

I agree with you in that some may "cry wolf" a bit too easily, but in this case it may be a wolf or it may be a new breed of dog. 

 

He's just saying it might be nice for WG to take a look and do some DNA testing.

 

It won't impact me much if they do the test and confirm it's just a dog.   I won't walk that dog though as I'm to lazy to install mods.


I believe that the policy of CS for these type of issues is to direct you to the forum as they don’t deal with them at all.



GodTank2 #40 Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9468 battles
  • 495
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

View PostQuint_Gen, on 24 November 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

Surely all mods (other than those which are merely cosmetic) give an advantage. If not, why would we install them?

 

Many of them are life improvements.

 

Like the crew return mod


Edited by GodTank2, 24 November 2019 - 12:24 PM.






Also tagged with mods, mod_advantages, viewrange, illegal?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users