• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

NUKLEAR_SLUG #61 Posted 24 November 2019 - 04:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35643 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postjabster, on 24 November 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

I could be wrong, memory and all that, but I’m pretty sure that when FPP became a thing one the EU CM’s said the list had always been the same across all servers. Not that I think it made much difference either way.

It wasn't always the same. Part of the FPP policy was to unify the rules across all regions.

Inappropriate_noob #62 Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:33 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17656 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 November 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

Yes, that was the point..

Yet old schoolshool mods still provide this in most modpacks

CmdRatScabies #63 Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 24 November 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

"schoolshool mods"?

jabster #64 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 November 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

It wasn't always the same. Part of the FPP policy was to unify the rules across all regions.

As I said, I’m pretty sure that’s not true or at least WG EU said it wasn’t true.

CmdRatScabies #65 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postjabster, on 24 November 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

As I said, I’m pretty sure that’s not true or at least WG EU said it wasn’t true.

You're wrong on this one Jabster.  NA had a different list of banned mods.

jabster #66 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 24 November 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

You're wrong on this one Jabster.  NA had a different list of banned mods.

As I say I’m pretty sure I’m not so I think we’re going to have to agree to disagree on this one. WG EU, unlike the Asian and US servers, didn’t even make public (even if semi-official’ the list of illegal/legal mods.

Edited by jabster, 25 November 2019 - 10:11 AM.

anonym_8paUzoNeQewj #67 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
That guy is a retard anyway and yes that mod is illegal but WG dont care about ..... 

Enherjaren #68 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 72966 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 24 November 2019 - 12:20 AM, said:

oh Mr. Whine King uses zoom out mod, surprise surprise

I thought SirFoch was the Heavy Weight Champion...

NUKLEAR_SLUG #69 Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35643 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postjabster, on 24 November 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

As I say I’m pretty sure I’m not so I think we’re going to have to agree to disagree on this one. WG EU, unlike the Asian and US servers didn’t event make public, even if semi-official, the list of illegal/legal mods.

No, the point was players were getting banned in one region for using mods that were being allowed in others. So in order to draw a line under it all the FPP was put in place to standardise the rules between regions.

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 24 November 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

Quite probably, but that doesn't alter the fact the zoom out mod Circon uses provides him with extra information not available in the vanilla client that gives him an advantage over other players. That is the guideline definition WG uses to determine bannable mods. Zoom mod strays very close to breaking rule 3.

Source: https://worldoftanks...ir_play_policy/

1. Mods that do provide a gameplay advantage, one that we think is bad overall for the game. These are classified as a cheat and are illegal going forward.

Listed below are modifications that fall into this third category. Players that are found using them will receive a penalty.

• Mods that reveal the position of enemies in a way not included in the vanilla client, by marking objects destroyed on the map and minimap in real-time, by altering the display of shell flight tracers or calculating the position of enemy SPGs with tracers and marking them, as well as those that keep spotted vehicles displayed, even when you aren’t aiming at them.

Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 24 November 2019 - 08:06 PM.

jabster #70 Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 November 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

No, the point was players were getting banned in one region for using mods that were being allowed in others. So in order to draw a line under it all the FPP was put in place to standardise the rules between regions.

That doesn’t mean that the rules, however badly enforced, weren’t the same.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #71 Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35643 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postjabster, on 24 November 2019 - 08:00 PM, said:

That doesn’t mean that the rules, however badly enforced, weren’t the same.

How did you manage to come to the conclusion that a player being banned on NA for using X mod and a player using the same mod on EU not being banned means they're using the same rules to decide what is and isn't ban worthy?

jabster #72 Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 November 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

How did you manage to come to the conclusion that a player being banned on NA for using X mod and a player using the same mod on EU not being banned means they're using the same rules to decide what is and isn't ban worthy?

Er because, as I’ve already said, I’m pretty sure that an EU CM said they had always been the same.

Venom7000 #73 Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8145 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 November 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

Quite probably, but that doesn't alter the fact the zoom out mod Circon uses provides him with extra information not available in the vanilla client that gives him an advantage over other players. That is the guideline definition WG uses to determine bannable mods. Zoom mod strays very close to breaking rule 3.

1. Mods that do provide a gameplay advantage, one that we think is bad overall for the game. These are classified as a cheat and are illegal going forward.

Listed below are modifications that fall into this third category. Players that are found using them will receive a penalty.

• Mods that reveal the position of enemies in a way not included in the vanilla client, by marking objects destroyed on the map and minimap in real-time, by altering the display of shell flight tracers or calculating the position of enemy SPGs with tracers and marking them, as well as those that keep spotted vehicles displayed, even when you aren’t aiming at them.

Excellent point @NUKLEAR_SLUG!

Temid23 #74 Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 59646 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

View PostScumzor, on 24 November 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

Well go watch a other streamer then,maybe the one who calls himself famous using xvm :sceptic:

Swing and miss i don't watch that one too coz of xvm and some other reasons.

Add something to discussion or bother some one else... oh and have this too: :sceptic:

Inappropriate_noob #75 Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:45 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17656 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 24 November 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

"schoolshool mods"?

Ah yes the infamous typo, lol, Oldschool mods,they are normally incorporated in various modpacks, they at least use to have the gun direction mod in there.

8126Jakobsson #76 Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 83340 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 November 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

The "one that we think is bad overall for the game" part makes the rule quite useless though. More like a general guideline. 

Yaccay #77 Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 36401 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

This extreme zoom out should be illegal.

With this mod, the user can see the gun direction of the enemy tank, which could not be seen otherwise. (ie.: look behind the corner, etc.)

Captain_Kremen0 #78 Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:26 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39590 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

So let me get this right - the zoom out mod in question is one that gives a 3rd person view of the situation from behind your own tank?

If so this clearly breaks rule 3 in both spirit and wording. Especially given that a large part of the player base don't even know about mods.

TungstenHitman #79 Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:00 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32005 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

It's clearly and advantage. Sure, it's not going to spot targets for you but when you're hunkered down behind tall buildings, several enemy tanks are spotted and coming through your area, is it not a pretty big gain to basically have a helicopter to switch to and see if those enemy tanks heading down your direction are aware of you or even looking in your direction? Clearly knowing this without having to take a risky peek yourself or have to move into a position that may get you proxy spotted gives the luxury of time in which to formulate your next move. 

When you can't see around a corner with the standard zoom out and yet can with this mod, then, when you are looking to tackle something like and FV4005 of JTiger E100, ya, it's pretty nice and significant game changer is it now? Considering that using the standard zoom out and not knowing which way a tank like that is pointing his gun, the only way to do so without this mod is what can end in being 1 shot killed or significantly damaged so ya, it's pretty big gain, no doubt about it, can't be argued. If you think what I mentioned is not an advantage, and I'm sure there are even more gains I didn't mention, just that Cessna view of the battlefield... you're either lying or clueless, it's an advantage. 

If you used teamtalk etc with a toon or clanwars, its an advantage, to be able to tell your teammates "He's looking this way" or "They're coming towards my building but they're not looking this way they're looking at the buildings on the East side" etc etc. Advantage, and like I said, allows time to formulate the next course of action. In this game, time is a luxury.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 25 November 2019 - 10:01 AM.

jabster #80 Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 25 November 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

So let me get this right - the zoom out mod in question is one that gives a 3rd person view of the situation from behind your own tank?

If so this clearly breaks rule 3 in both spirit and wording. Especially given that a large part of the player base don't even know about mods.

I don’t see how it can be said to clearly be in category 3 (illegal) because whether something is good, or bad, for the game is really rather subjective. I’d assume that WG have ideas of what good/bad in game terms but I’m not sure what it actually is. Gun direction on the mini-map was legal and was then changed to illegal, why the change?

Of course this is quite different to whether you personally would like it to be illegal.

Edited by jabster, 25 November 2019 - 10:21 AM.

Also tagged with mods, mod_advantages, viewrange, illegal?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users