Extremely slow download speeds for every WG's game

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

HipHopHippopotamus #1 Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3523 battles
  • [BL-DY] BL-DY
Title says it all.For the past 6 months i get rediculous download speeds for every WG game(i have all 3 of them).I get around 0.1-30 kbps,no matter if i try to download an update or the whole game.Sometimes,when i start my pc i get a normal download speed(approx:1.5 mbps)for about 2-4 mins and then it slows down to absolutely nothing.I need 2 days to download a 8gb update.I have sent tickets to WG but so far nothing changed.I am certain that all of these games(wot,wows,wowp)or even the gamecenter itself are excluded from my antivirus.I have changed the gamecenter port to many different ports(currently:22),unlimited and limited speeds to both upload and download speeds option,completely stop upload etc etc and nothing is working so far.I had wows for the past 5 years and the problems started to appear approx.6 months ago(2 months before i downloaded wot).In those 5 years i have not changed router or internet provider and i have been using gamecenter for the past 2.I cant even comprehend what is happening so i would be glad for any help!!

Lanrefni #2 Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:01 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34756 battles

for a start, try looking at issues at your home, before shifting blame to something else.

and try using paragraphs.

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9307 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Try asking your ISP if they throttle torrent traffic, and if they can put an exception in place for WoT, etc.

Since by the sounds of it, it is a classical case of torrent blocking.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 24 November 2019 - 10:03 PM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:08 PM

Field Marshal

• 32930 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHipHopHippopotamus, on 24 November 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

.In those 5 years i have not changed router or internet provider

But your Internet provider could change it's policy on Torrents.  I suggest going to them first as has been suggested.

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24491 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Title says it all.For the past 6 months i get rediculous download speeds for every WG game(i have all 3 of them).I get around 0.1-30 kbps,no matter if i try to download an update or the whole game.

I download WG 1GB game updates in about 60 seconds.............so it's not WG that's the problem.

The_Baba_Yaga #6 Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1997 battles
  • [LUCH] LUCH
Serb's Mining Corporation says thank you.

TankkiPoju #7 Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23978 battles
Your ISP is blocking bittorrent downloads.

MightyBalls_2 #8 Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7973 battles
  • [MITY] MITY
get better internet, its fine for me so must be you

Bordhaw #9 Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15293 battles

Title says it all.For the past 6 months i get rediculous download speeds for every WG game(i have all 3 of them).I get around 0.1-30 kbps,no matter if i try to download an update or the whole game.Sometimes,when i start my pc i get a normal download speed(approx:1.5 mbps)for about 2-4 mins and then it slows down to absolutely nothing.I need 2 days to download a 8gb update.I have sent tickets to WG but so far nothing changed.I am certain that all of these games(wot,wows,wowp)or even the gamecenter itself are excluded from my antivirus.I have changed the gamecenter port to many different ports(currently:22),unlimited and limited speeds to both upload and download speeds option,completely stop upload etc etc and nothing is working so far.I had wows for the past 5 years and the problems started to appear approx.6 months ago(2 months before i downloaded wot).In those 5 years i have not changed router or internet provider and i have been using gamecenter for the past 2.I cant even comprehend what is happening so i would be glad for any help!!

Check your settings in the updater? There are settings to limit download speed and turn ON no uploading. Other than that you've not said where you are or what ISP you are using. 

RamRaid90 #10 Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26236 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

:facepalm:

19:25 Added after 0 minute

HipHopHippopotamus #11 Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3523 battles
  • [BL-DY] BL-DY

As it seems there are a bunch of WG trolls in the forums without any real purpose in their lifes other than harrassing and condemning people that open a thread to express their concerns/problems/ideas with WG's games.If you are one of said people dont bother to comment on my thread,find another one.

Back to my problem now.I contacted my ISP which is OTE S.A(national greek telecommunication provider)and they told me after running some tests to my line that indeed such low speeds exist only for WG applications and they are not certain why.Most possibly due to the servers being very far but they were not certain.When i told them that in previous years i had no problems at all they couldnt tell me anything in response but they reassured me that they didnt find any proofs that my modem is blocking said application(s).They will try one more test tomorrow and if it remains the same they told me that i should contact WG in order for my issue to resolve.

For the people that cared enough to comment something usefull in my thread please know that as i mentioned at my first message i have tried everything in my and WG's power to resolve said issues(i have been in contact with them many times via tickets).One usefull information i would like to add is that i downloaded both Words of Tanks Sandbox and Public Test without any problem and at perfect speeds.

Edited by HipHopHippopotamus, 25 November 2019 - 08:48 PM.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHipHopHippopotamus, on 25 November 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

As it seems there are a bunch of WG trolls in the forums without any real purpose in their lifes other than harrassing and condemning people that open a thread to express their concerns/problems/ideas with WG's games.If you are one of said people dont bother to comment on my thread,find another one.

And still, most of them gave you valid options to check, inc your ISP and if they have a policy on torrents or not. As that's the most common issue. As even if Sandbox came down fine, there are still many aspects that can affect the speed to blame someone other then WG yet. That and the GC launcher much like Steam has a setting to cap download speeds. So check if that is on or not too. That and have you checked your moden on the ports WOT uses vs just if he blocks them or not?

BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24491 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostHipHopHippopotamus, on 25 November 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

As it seems there are a bunch of WG trolls in the forums without any real purpose in their lifes other than harrassing and condemning people that open a thread to express their concerns/problems/ideas with WG's games.

So, you think that people telling you that they have no problem downloading WoT......are trolls?:amazed:

Homer_J #14 Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:22 PM

Field Marshal

• 32930 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHipHopHippopotamus, on 25 November 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

Back to my problem now.I contacted my ISP which is OTE S.A(national greek telecommunication provider)and they told me after running some tests to my line that indeed such low speeds exist only for WG applications and they are not certain why.Most possibly due to the servers being very far but they were not certain.When i told them that in previous years i had no problems at all they couldnt tell me anything in response but they reassured me that they didnt find any proofs that my modem is blocking said application(s).They will try one more test tomorrow and if it remains the same they told me that i should contact WG in order for my issue to resolve.

So you don't believe anyone in this thread but one line of bovine excrement from your ISP and you lap it up.

Your ISP are taking you for a mug matey, get a new one.

Lanrefni #15 Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34756 battles
Oh, he's Greek. That explains everything.

Edited by lnfernaI, 25 November 2019 - 10:41 PM.

HipHopHippopotamus #16 Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3523 battles
  • [BL-DY] BL-DY

View PostHomer_J, on 25 November 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

So you don't believe anyone in this thread but one line of bovine excrement from your ISP and you lap it up.

Your ISP are taking you for a mug matey, get a new one.

Brother i cant be certain that they do in fact make fun of me.I only know that they run some tests from their main office and today they sent a technician to my home in order to perform some more tests too.In the end they told me there is nothing they can do more.Its the national carrier and its the most trustworthy from them all(believe me,me and my family have tried nearly every single carrier that exists).

Its not that i dont believe anyone in this thread.I posted a thread to ask for help and i got mocked for it by people commenting that i should use paragraphs,that because it doesnt happen to them then it shouldnt happen to me,it happens cause i am greek etc etc etc.Some of them offered some valid points of advice that unfortunately have been tried multiple times without results.

So lets recap.I have completely unistalled all WG games and GAMECENTER and downloaded them again,saved them to a different location,cleared the cache of each game manually,downloaded WG check tool and tried to perform some tests which failed multiple times but without an obvious explanation(i send the screenshots to WG of all the actions i had done till then)and i got a reply from a machine stating that i should do said actions again.I removed the limiter on upload and download speed,i limited the upload speed,i completely stopped uploading(from the tick box),i changed ports,i manually put WG on my exemption list of my Bitdefender Antivirus and i checked multiple times my modem's firewall.In the end i contacted my ISP.

The problem ONLY exists when i download or update one of Wg's games.When i downloaded wot sandbox and public test i got 0 problems.

Edited by HipHopHippopotamus, 26 November 2019 - 03:34 PM.

Homer_J #17 Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:03 PM

Field Marshal

• 32930 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHipHopHippopotamus, on 26 November 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

The problem ONLY exists when i download or update one of Wg's games.When i downloaded wot sandbox and public test i got 0 problems.

The problem only exists using your ISP.  Get on to them again and check they are not throttling torrent traffic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users