guide

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

BR33K1_PAWAH #1 Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7651 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

So fellow tankers, since tomorrow starts yet another marathon i'm here to maybe save you from succumbing to another of WG's blunders. Hopefully, after reading my post you will have more fun in this game. So here it goes.

We all know what this game is about, right? Nah, i don't think so.

You start WoT client, what you see? Your in-game currencies. Damn, you're low on credits again. and there is this black market event coming. Time to grind some millions.

Then you click on your depot to sell some junk, and damn, you're low on food. Well, it's grind time.

You browse through tanks in your garage, thinking what's to play first and notice there is this two branches that you wanted to grind to tier X for a while now. What a happy coincidence - you've got quite a few +100% XP reserves in depot. Time to grind some tonks.

And then there is campaigns. Personal missions. Events. Ranked. Frontlines. 

Grind, grind, grind again. Is this what our beloved game is about? A World of Excel™?

Thankfully, it's not. Mb some of us forgot that, but this game starts only when you are loaded in a battle. And it finishes right when battle is done. In WoT all you actually have is 30 tanks, base(s), battlefield and a 15 min timer. That's all. Everything else - credits, consumabels, modules, PR, directives - all is just a wrap around, designed by devs to capture your attention and motivate you towards spending DA MUNEE. 

Don't get it wrong, go ahead - spend a dime, support WG since they made and still support this amazing game. My point, that in their attempts to move players into spending money devs created a system that constantly distracts players from the actual game and shifts their attention to game mechanics that are just NOT FUN.

And with all those distractions some of us just forget to enjoy actual gameplay - to fight for the win, to try hard, to have fun, to learn.

They have succumbed to The Grind.

For them this game became just another work.

Don't repeat their mistake. HF

LincolnTank #2 Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11176 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It's combatative, repetitive
Don't life just funk you out?
Asinine, stupefying
Can the clone-line dry you out?

Humansland #3 Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14574 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6
Sorry, but I fail to see the point of this thread?

I can also say TL,DR but I actually read it twice.. damn, I am bored :D

Miepie #4 Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4753 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHumansland, on 28 November 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

Well, now that a new grindy marathon is about to start, it is nice to be reminded to enjoy ourselves in the game first and foremost. :great:

Frostilicus #5 Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:37 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23688 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

So, the moral of the story is, if the grind isn't fun don't do it?

who knew ... 

;)

wEight_Tanker #6 Posted 28 November 2019 - 11:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11539 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M
Nahhh, I'm saving up the credits for the double barrels. Not gonna bother worrying about spending millions of credits on some tank that will probably end up in the Bond Shop eventually. Besides, last time, all the good tanks appeared too early in the morning according to my timezone and I'm not gonna take an all-nighter because of some video game.

Miepie #7 Posted 28 November 2019 - 11:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4753 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 28 November 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

Nahhh, I'm saving up the credits for the double barrels. Not gonna bother worrying about spending millions of credits on some tank that will probably end up in the Bond Shop eventually. Besides, last time, all the good tanks appeared too early in the morning according to my timezone and I'm not gonna take an all-nighter because of some video game.

Trying to post in the Black Market thread? :D

wEight_Tanker #8 Posted 28 November 2019 - 11:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11539 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

View PostMiepie, on 28 November 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

Trying to post in the Black Market thread? :D

I'm staggered by the fact that you've taken the time to use words in a non-constructive statement instead of actually telling me what the hay you're trying to tell me at all.

PowJay #9 Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40500 battles

I've been only grinding for weeks now. Grinding a couple of vehicles for the next in line (still a loooong way off the CGC) and grinding a few more for 6th Sense.

I was so fed up of grinding that I took out my ISU-152 the other day to collect Union 14 (1) with Honours. Turns out that this was nothing more than another grind as I couldn't manage 3K damage once in over 20 battles. Ironic, seeing as how the last battle I played in it a few weeks ago got me over 6,000 HP damage. :sceptic:

I've got two days of Premium time from the 7 year rewards. I too would like to raise some credits for potential Black Market purchases by playing Premium tanks, but I don't have the time for even more grinding. 

One day I'll stop grinding, stop buying and maybe learn to play the tanks I have. It could happen! 

BR33K1_PAWAH #10 Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7651 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHumansland, on 28 November 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

A friendly reminder to not grind the fun out of WoT ;)

Steeleye_Spam #11 Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35232 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Well, i'm pretty much all about the grind - but that's just because the tech-tree grind is heavily connected to my goals in the game, so most of the games I play are in non-elited tanks. This does mean I've spent a fair few hours of my life playing tanks that I loath, but usually there tanks i'm grinding at the same time that I love playing, so it all balances out. There was one time when i was doing the Pershing, TVP VTU and some T9s that I really couldn't do anything in. That did start making me think why I was playing.  I decided to give myself a break and once i'd done them I bought some tanks that i knew i'd enjoy - I agree OP, its enjoyable and stimulating battles, not anything else.

Xandania #12 Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44057 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostLincolnTank, on 28 November 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

It's combatative, repetitive
Don't life just funk you out?
Asinine, stupefying
Can the clone-line dry you out?

Best countermeasure for drying out is drinking - preferably alcoholic beverages - then turn of chat, take a fast tank and whizz around the battlefield trying not to get shot - in expert mode you even disable the hud :)

Bordhaw #13 Posted 28 November 2019 - 11:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15293 battles

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 28 November 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

So fellow tankers, since tomorrow starts yet another marathon i'm here to maybe save you from succumbing to another of WG's blunders. Hopefully, after reading my post you will have more fun in this game. So here it goes.

Grind, grind, grind again. Is this what our beloved game is about? A World of Excel™?

They have succumbed to The Grind.

For them this game became just another work.

BR33K1_PAWAH #14 Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7651 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBordhaw, on 29 November 2019 - 01:50 AM, said:

I've always admired your way of communicating :trollface:

Also tagged with guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users