This game lost its charm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

Poulakiou #1 Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12377 battles

This game is degraded in my opinion. Why? 

Everyone, literally everyone, is using ONLY gold ammo, premium ammo, call it whatever you like it doesn't matter. The outcome is the same:

-No point in hiding behind a rock anymore and expose only turret (if you are heavy tank)

-No point using angle to avoid penetration, cause even with 45 degrees angled Maus you can still get penetrated by a 420 penetration premium ammo from a PZE100

-No point playing any high armored vehicle (japan heavy, maus, badger etc).

-No point playing the game without premium vehicle and/or premium account since you cannot compete with those having that feature and can constantly spam gold ammo.

Edited by Poulakiou, 28 November 2019 - 01:31 PM.

ValkyrionX #2 Posted 28 November 2019 - 01:53 PM

Major

• 54604 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostPoulakiou, on 28 November 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

Everyone, literally everyone, is using ONLY gold ammo, premium ammo, call it whatever you like it doesn't matter. The outcome is the same:

-No point in hiding behind a rock anymore and expose only turret (if you are heavy tank)

-No point using angle to avoid penetration, cause even with 45 degrees angled Maus you can still get penetrated by a 420 penetration premium ammo from a PZE100

-No point playing the game without premium vehicle and/or premium account since you cannot compete with those having that feature and can constantly spam gold ammo.

That everyone shoots premium ammunition is a fact that only those who can have access to the European server logs have , in my opinion it is not a truth ascertained or ascertainable by us players the percentage of special ammunition used in the game compared to the standard ones.

That a Maus behind a cover to hide the weakspots is penetrated by the HEAT of a jpe100 seems to me more than right.

Playing vehicles with good armor requires experience in the specific use of the armor of the vehicles played , I recently played the badger and type5 with good results and having fun.

I played CW, campaigns on the global map without premium account for about 3 years , so you can remain a f2p player forever and compete at excellent levels.

Edited by ValkyrionX, 28 November 2019 - 01:55 PM.

Dava_117 #3 Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:02 PM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I have a different experience. Sure, at high tier there os people abusing of premium ammo (which rebalance is in sandbox), especially at tier 10, but it's not like armour is irrelevant. I play plenty of armoured tanks and blocked damage is still quite high.

I block on avarage 1.7-1.8k damage in my E100 (that it's not really a tank focussed on armour), with 3k blocked games not being infrequent. 

It's just not enought to park your Maus at 45° to be immune to incoming fire. You need to fine tune your angling to get the right armour value. Did the enemy shoot you high penetration APCR? Angle your side at 70° and those will bounce off automatically. The enemy is a JPzE100 shooting HEAT? First, don't tease the Deathstars, never! Second, fine angle your sides in a sidescraping position. You need a quite shallow angle to bounce that shell in a Maus and doing it should be the last resource to turn the battle tide. After all JPzE100 is a TD whose main role is to take on heavily armoured tanks, so it shouldn't be easy to bounce its shells. ;)

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24491 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostPoulakiou, on 28 November 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

If everyone was shooting Premium ammo all the time.....they'd never have the credits to buy high tiers.

Poulakiou #5 Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12377 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 28 November 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

If everyone was shooting Premium ammo all the time.....they'd never have the credits to buy high tiers.

This is where you are wrong. People use their premium tank <insert name here> (usually a tier 8 that does a considerable amount of damage like a scorpion td, a ts-5 etc etc) and gives back a truckload of coins per game which is used to fund their premium spamming games with every other non premium tank.

With a 1000-2000 damage game as a Scorpion for example, having premium account also, you can easily make 40-50k coins PER GAME. 

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24491 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostPoulakiou, on 28 November 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

This is where you are wrong. People use their premium tank <insert name here> (usually a tier 8 that does a considerable amount of damage like a scorpion td, a ts-5 etc etc) and gives back a truckload of coins per game which is used to fund their premium spamming games with every other non premium tank.

With a 1000-2000 damage game as a Scorpion for example, having premium account also, you can easily make 40-50k coins PER GAME. 

You do realise that 75% of players never spend a penny.

Steeleye_Spam #7 Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35232 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

This is not my experience. People consistently shooting gold at me is the exception rather than the rule. I come across some players in premium vehicles who obviously only shoot it (4 hits with APCR against my paper medium say), but the fast majority of hits I get are with normal ammo, even when i'm driving heavies. If someone fires APCR or HEAT at me after failing to penetrate the first shot - well, good on 'em - i'd do the same, and that's what the special ammo is there for.

Another benefit of XVM mods likes Aslains - you actually get to see what people are firing at you, and you just don't jump to conclusions when you get penetrated hull down in your WZ-111.

TheComfyChair #8 Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9215 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Dingers fire gold or it's a trip to Rusty's basement for re-education.

Miepie #9 Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4753 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSteeleye_Spam, on 28 November 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

Another benefit of XVM mods likes Aslains - you actually get to see what people are firing at you, and you just don't jump to conclusions when you get penetrated hull down in your WZ-111.

That is in the regular game as well. Maybe it was added fairly recently, I don't know, but it is in the regular game. :great:

TomatoShooter #10 Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1116 battles

Everyone, literally everyone, is using ONLY gold ammo, premium ammo, call it whatever you like it doesn't matter.

I don't so your point is already invalid....

Lanrefni #11 Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34756 battles

View PostPoulakiou, on 28 November 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

you are so biased.

and wrong as f-... you know that right?

Poulakiou #12 Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12377 battles

View PostlnfernaI, on 28 November 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

you are so biased.

and wrong as f-... you know that right?

Am I really? I have a T-34 heavy premium tank which I bought back when the game was fun (around 2011 or 2012 If im not wrong) and I can experience the amount of coins earned per game of 1000-2000 damage. Add that to a premium account and tada, easy 40-50k profit. 10 games can give you easily 300-400k coins, which you can use to fund your "premium gold spam mania". The difference is that, I won't spend 3 hours farming with a T-34 for coins to use them on a PZE100 to spam HEAT rounds and act cool while spending 100.000 coins per game just to do 6.000 damage and win.

Oh and because I only talk with facts and not theories unlike some others, I attach pics of a battle with TS-5.

Attached Files

• Attached File   Capture 3.JPG   171.76K
  • Attached File   Capture 1.JPG   352.67K

Edited by Poulakiou, 28 November 2019 - 06:17 PM.

ThorgrimBrenadim #13 Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34443 battles

You are the one who is wrong.

You have made a comment above. That is impossible for you to prove it's easily disproved in pretty much every single game played  as you can in vanilla see what shell type was fired at you, and yes I see a lot of gold ammo spamming but NOT everyone by a long long way.

You made the comment above as FACT not your opinion which even as an opinion which yes you are entitled to is still wrong.

posting one of your TS-5 games to show how it makes credits proves absolutely NOTHING ! other than a player in a game can make credits, it does not show they make credits every game, that they make loads of credits every game, it shows only one thing a player doing what you did does not loose credits every single game as you posted evidence of making credits in one particular game.

unhappy_bunny #14 Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:33 PM

Colonel

• 20193 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Hmmm! Lets see.

Everyone spams Premium Ammo? Not this Bunny.

OP has a T-34 Premium Heavy from around 2011/2012? Well his account was created November 2012, so more likely from around 2013/2014, but that is just me nit-picking.

I also play mostly tech tree tanks with Premium tanks reserved for Frontline.

On occasions I might invest in a month of Premium Account but not very often.

I don't use XVM so no idea what ammo is fired at me. If people want to fire Premium then fine. I can live with it. 

My aim is to enjoy playing this game. If it comes to a time when I don't enjoy it, then I will stop playing it. 

Poulakiou #15 Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12377 battles

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 28 November 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

You are the one who is wrong.

You have made a comment above. That is impossible for you to prove it's easily disproved in pretty much every single game played  as you can in vanilla see what shell type was fired at you, and yes I see a lot of gold ammo spamming but NOT everyone by a long long way.

You made the comment above as FACT not your opinion which even as an opinion which yes you are entitled to is still wrong.

posting one of your TS-5 games to show how it makes credits proves absolutely NOTHING ! other than a player in a game can make credits, it does not show they make credits every game, that they make loads of credits every game, it shows only one thing a player doing what you did does not loose credits every single game as you posted evidence of making credits in one particular game.

It's unbelievable that you are sticking to a couple of words to make your case instead of seeing the big picture and the facts.

The facts are that a big number if users choose to use gold ammo. You can't deny that. If you think they do not, enable in-game feature to see what kind of ammo is being fired at you (tier 8+ games) and then come post here facts not theories.

The fact that you make coins from using premium tank is also undeniable. You should know since you have around 15 premium tanks in your collection. Facts, not theories.

Edit: you have 24 premium tanks to be exact.

Edited by Poulakiou, 28 November 2019 - 06:45 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #16 Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37994 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostPoulakiou, on 28 November 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

It's unbelievable that you are sticking to a couple of words to make your case instead of seeing the big picture and the facts.

The facts are that a big number if users choose to use gold ammo. You can't deny that. If you think they do not, enable in-game feature to see what kind of ammo is being fired at you (tier 8+ games) and then come post here facts not theories.

The fact that you make coins from using premium tank is also undeniable. You should know since you have around 15 premium tanks in your collection. Facts, not theories.

Edit: you have 24 premium tanks to be exact.

I know this may look like a bit of a far out suggestion, and I don't want to give away a closely guarded secret, but many experienced players have found two solutions to perceived gold ammo spam.

I've put them in the spoiler just in case.

Spoiler

Pretty simply when you think about it.

Poulakiou #17 Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12377 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 28 November 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

Hmmm! Lets see.

Everyone spams Premium Ammo? Not this Bunny.

OP has a T-34 Premium Heavy from around 2011/2012? Well his account was created November 2012, so more likely from around 2013/2014, but that is just me nit-picking.

I also play mostly tech tree tanks with Premium tanks reserved for Frontline.

On occasions I might invest in a month of Premium Account but not very often.

I don't use XVM so no idea what ammo is fired at me. If people want to fire Premium then fine. I can live with it. 

My aim is to enjoy playing this game. If it comes to a time when I don't enjoy it, then I will stop playing it. 

1. To start with, last time I checked November 2012 was in 2012.

2. Nobody said that everyone uses premium tanks/account. I said that combining those 2, which many people do, can yield a great amount of credits which can fund premium ammo spam in tier X or so fights.

3. You don't need addons to see what they fire at you; there is in game feature that enables it.

4. My aim is also to enjoy the game. Which does not happen when 10/10 games you face at least 1/15 or 2/15 or even 5/15 players  (in tier 8+ games) using gold ammo against you or any other.

Long_Range_Sniper #18 Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37994 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostPoulakiou, on 28 November 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

1. To start with, last time I checked November 2012 was in 2012.

2. Nobody said that everyone uses premium tanks/account. I said that combining those 2, which many people do, can yield a great amount of credits which can fund premium ammo spam in tier X or so fights.

3. You don't need addons to see what they fire at you; there is in game feature that enables it.

4. My aim is also to enjoy the game. Which does not happen when 10/10 games you face at least 1/15 or 2/15 or even 5/15 players  (in tier 8+ games) using gold ammo against you or any other.

Virtually every premium ammo whine I've seen on the forum pretty much distills down to a few things.

• Player choice NOT to purchase a premium account.
  • Player choice NOT to play Frontlines (or other modes) for credits.
  • Player choice NOT to maximise learning at more economical tiers, and so maximise their own premium ammo use.

Any of these apply here?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34502 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostPoulakiou, on 28 November 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

Am I really? I have a T-34 heavy premium tank which I bought back when the game was fun (around 2011 or 2012 If im not wrong) and I can experience the amount of coins earned per game of 1000-2000 damage. Add that to a premium account and tada, easy 40-50k profit. 10 games can give you easily 300-400k coins, which you can use to fund your "premium gold spam mania". The difference is that, I won't spend 3 hours farming with a T-34 for coins to use them on a PZE100 to spam HEAT rounds and act cool while spending 100.000 coins per game just to do 6.000 damage and win.

Oh and because I only talk with facts and not theories unlike some others, I attach pics of a battle with TS-5.

You've just proved your own argument is false. 400k credits at 50k a game is 8 games. If that player is then spamming 100k of gold ammo every game then that's enough to pay for 4 games.

So by your own calculations even if players are spamming 100% gold rounds they are only doing it in 1/3 of their games, not every game as you claim. 

BravelyRanAway #20 Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24491 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostPoulakiou, on 28 November 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

What you claimed was.....

View PostPoulakiou, on 28 November 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

Everyone, literally everyone, is using ONLY gold ammo, premium ammo, call it whatever you like it doesn't matter. 

As I don't fire Gold ammo all the time, you are immediately......wrong.

Now you are going though the denial stage of being wrong and trying to get out of the hole you dug for yourself.....instead of admitting you were wrong in the first place.

But, do carry on, it's quite amusing.:bajan:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users