Here's What's Coming in December

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

LEOPARDguns_1 #21 Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1181 battles
percent_image_hygdzsu.pngAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA, hard to LEARN WG???? Wallet has been closed to you for YEARS, and will stay that way until YOU get your [edited] together and start to really listen to your "customers"

Edited by Homer_J, 29 November 2019 - 09:24 PM.
Bypassing profanity filter

RedJester #22 Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19019 battles

View Postparim1331, on 29 November 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

ToTT might not be there, but remember that the festive season is starting, rejoice!

Who knows, for now I would stay tuned with our Portal for more information. :bush:

Biggest surprises require to have articles tailored specially for them.

Well you might just as well tell us, it would be kind of crazy for Wargaming not to continue their most lucrative event of the year. 

Misirac #23 Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 53740 battles
  • [KBT] KBT

When will it be a Christmas boxes? I need a date. When do you think to post it? 

I need time to cheat on my wife and set aside money. Car repair or something.

Edited by Misirac, 29 November 2019 - 07:48 PM.

djciolos5 #24 Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1827 battles
  • [DR-RO] DR-RO

Please no Christmas boxes, anymore.

They are illegal, anyway, at least in several states (don't remember which).

I hope the governments became more severe this year, banishing them.

undutchable80 #25 Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 12421 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMisirac, on 29 November 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

When will it be a Christmas boxes? I need a date. When do you think to post it? 

I need time to cheat on my wife and set aside money. Car repair or something.

Probably Friday 13 December. 

PlasticGangsta #26 Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28078 battles

View PostAnkot, on 29 November 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Will the Christmas decorations and boxes be back? No mention of it in the article 

Me too, I was really looking forward to it this year. The last two years WoT has been a big part of my Xmas. The festive garage and getting all the decorations was great, last year when I would get up in the dark and play a couple of games before going out to try and get a few decorations always sent me out feeling festive. It was just so pervasive. After every couple of battles you would have boxes to open and you were wishing for the right decoration and the biggest of the little prizes. It went on for a couple of weeks plus and it was just great. 4 Camo's and a chance to get the camo's from last year and at the end if you hadn't finished you could buy what you needed. What was that thing called that mashed up decorations and gave you new ones? The "decorider" I think that this looks like a longer version of the Anniversary but maybe not quite as good as we had "Whacky Races" then. I am sure this will be good fun WG but without the decorations and boxes and albums and.......... Aaaaagh. I have been looking forward to it all year. Why oh why would you change a winning formula? It is almost like you guys go out of your way to get it wrong! Xmas the last couple of years is one of the few things you got perfect and now...... what a shame.

21:32 Added after 3 minute

View Postdjciolos5, on 29 November 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Nobody makes you buy them bruv but I am pretty sure it looks like there are not gonna be any this year or any decoration collections, crates with freebies and decorations in them or any of the good stuff we have had the last couple of years.... Oh, sod it, I cannot be bothered I said it all in a previous post. Just don't knock the boxes, if you do not like them do not buy them... simples!

21:35 Added after 6 minute

View PostWoodzi, on 29 November 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

I hope the lootboxes won't make a return since they are illegal where I am so I could not buy them last year even if I would have wanted to.

Rubbish, if they are illegal then World of Warships would have been shut down years ago. The entire game runs on chests as they call them. All year long they are available.....

Echotun #27 Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22586 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View Postdjciolos5, on 29 November 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

You want someone somewhere to crack down on it because it might be illegal somewhere maybe?

Grow a pair and dont buy what you dont want. Stop trying to block adults from living their lives. 

Corrupted_Pling #28 Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50268 battles
  • [O-L-T] O-L-T

View PostWoodzi, on 29 November 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

I hope the lootboxes won't make a return since they are illegal where I am so I could not buy them last year even if I would have wanted to.

I take it from you are from belgium so take a take a train/bus/taxi or drive a car to the nearest open border and load your laptop up from there and wallah

Jamadeus #29 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21628 battles
  • [LOC-A] LOC-A
I will be happy as long as we have the squealing girl in the Christmas garage.

LCpl_Jones #30 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13268 battles
you're going to sort the [Edited] rocks out ?

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 30 November 2019 - 01:46 AM.
The slippery rocks are an absolute nuisance, but let's try to use a bit more respectful language, thanks!

reesku #31 Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17541 battles

View PostRedJester, on 29 November 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

Well you might just as well tell us, it would be kind of crazy for Wargaming not to continue their most lucrative event of the year. 

Well just ask yourself a question: would you voluntarily resign from millions and millions of profit? There's your answer.

View PostPlasticGangsta, on 29 November 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

Me too, I was really looking forward to it this year. The last two years WoT has been a big part of my Xmas. The festive garage and getting all the decorations was great, last year when I would get up in the dark and play a couple of games before going out to try and get a few decorations always sent me out feeling festive. It was just so pervasive. After every couple of battles you would have boxes to open and you were wishing for the right decoration and the biggest of the little prizes. It went on for a couple of weeks plus and it was just great. 4 Camo's and a chance to get the camo's from last year and at the end if you hadn't finished you could buy what you needed. What was that thing called that mashed up decorations and gave you new ones? The "decorider" I think that this looks like a longer version of the Anniversary but maybe not quite as good as we had "Whacky Races" then. I am sure this will be good fun WG but without the decorations and boxes and albums and.......... Aaaaagh. I have been looking forward to it all year. Why oh why would you change a winning formula? It is almost like you guys go out of your way to get it wrong! Xmas the last couple of years is one of the few things you got perfect and now...... what a shame.

Chill out dude and read the official article carefully next time:

Block Quote

Keep your eyes peeled for more, as our famous Advent Calendar and more end-of-the-year activities will also return this year.

Nothing is canceled, don't panic, there will be boxes in some kind of form for sure.

der_blaue_claus #32 Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30390 battles
  • [PZGRE] PZGRE

View Postdjciolos5, on 29 November 2019 - 08:32 PM, said:

I guess Falkland

I hope they will come ! I love to spent money there !

DeLawrence #33 Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22948 battles

As much as I hate purchasable loot boxes in general, WG's aren't technically gambling or illegal, because no matter how many you buy, you never lose money. Even if you don't get a tank or what you wanted from it, the gold value exceeds what you paid for, sometimes even more than 3 times. It's not like CS cases where you spend 2.5E on a key to get a skin worth 0.03E on the market.

Also, until governments get someone who actually knows what he's talking about in order to word the laws properly, a lot of companies will get away with technicalities.

Edited by DeLawrence, 30 November 2019 - 07:22 AM.

Gremlin182 #34 Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:38 AM

General

• Player
  • 59050 battles

You get some crazy arguments against Loot boxes

We had the one that there were people out there trying to give up gambling and played the game only to be lured back in.

Fine well stop watching TV because there are loads of commercials pushing gambling all day every day.

Or that kids buy loot boxes, so because parents cannot prevent their kids accessing their bank accounts illegally we have to stop selling them.

A loot box is no worse than any online purchase.

I can buy a virtual tank for say £35 or I can buy loot boxes for £35 that give me £35 value in random virtual goods but also might give me something extra.

Simona2k #35 Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2679 battles
  • [GGLT] GGLT
interesting

PlasticGangsta #36 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28078 battles

View Postreesku, on 30 November 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

Well just ask yourself a question: would you voluntarily resign from millions and millions of profit? There's your answer.

Chill out dude and read the official article carefully next time:

Nothing is canceled, don't panic, there will be boxes in some kind of form for sure.

To be honest it was the Xmas tree decorations and albums with the little crates every day and looking for the right decorations each time you open them. It was just every day and I loved the camo's plus to be honest I was hoping to finish the two collection albums I didn't get last year. The boxes are fun and that but they are problematic in that last year there was the IS3A and the Defender (I got both in my first 25 boxes). The year before there was the Type 59 (which I got on my first ever box!) The point I am making is I have most of the Premiums I want and as such I am not sure what they will give us on the boxes that would entice me to spend the sort of money you need too. I just wish they had stuck closely to the successful model from the last couple of years.

reesku #37 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17541 battles

View PostPlasticGangsta, on 30 November 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

To be honest it was the Xmas tree decorations and albums with the little crates every day and looking for the right decorations each time you open them. It was just every day and I loved the camo's plus to be honest I was hoping to finish the two collection albums I didn't get last year. The boxes are fun and that but they are problematic in that last year there was the IS3A and the Defender (I got both in my first 25 boxes). The year before there was the Type 59 (which I got on my first ever box!) The point I am making is I have most of the Premiums I want and as such I am not sure what they will give us on the boxes that would entice me to spend the sort of money you need too. I just wish they had stuck closely to the successful model from the last couple of years.

Wow, you gotta be the luckiest person in the game, hope you buy some lottery tickets in the real life. ;)

And regarding Xmass tree and decorations, it will be probably a little different but the general concept will be the same because it works and people love it. I also don't really care what kind of tanks would be offered in the boxes, since the only one I could be happy about adding to my garage is Type 59 and chances for getting one will be too low if it would be offered, which is doubtful. But I will still buy some just because I love opening them and the uncertainty of what's inside, and they have more options of gifts to offer now with the addition of crew books, maybe they could offer some female crew members inside? I don't know, we'll see, let WG surprise us.

View PostGremlin182, on 30 November 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

You get some crazy arguments against Loot boxes

We had the one that there were people out there trying to give up gambling and played the game only to be lured back in.

Or that kids buy loot boxes, so because parents cannot prevent their kids accessing their bank accounts illegally we have to stop selling them.

Ahahahahahahahaha, this is brilliant, I can't believe somebody came up with those arguments to complain about the boxes. The first one especially, it's gold. :D:D:D

Ok, let's blame companies producing syringes for heroin addicts. :D

Edited by reesku, 30 November 2019 - 12:22 PM.

Yossarian2044 #38 Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26519 battles
Lootboxes ??? When ??? Date ??

HansiVonHinten #39 Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47858 battles

I love loot boxes

Duke_Harkonnen #40 Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:44 AM

Private