Jump to content


Weird mail from WG


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Scumzor #1 Posted 29 November 2019 - 06:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43566 battles
  • 340
  • Member since:
    07-31-2014

I got this mail from WG,i don't understand what it's about ?

 

Hello

You've received this email because (1) you have a Developer account (use Wargaming Developer Room) and accepted the Wargaming API Terms of Use or (2) you are a Wargaming partner who receives data from us and accepted the Data Protection Agreement.

According to the Terms of Use and the Data Protection Agreement, you must delete personal data obtained from us without undue delay.

Please consider this email as a request to delete all data that you process on behalf of Wargaming Group Limited, Wargaming.net Limited, Wargaming World Limited, or any other Wargaming company for the following Wargaming ID(s) (also referred to as SPA ID).

This request was created because the mentioned user(s) have objected to processing of their Wargaming.net account(s) data.

If you do not store personal data or you cannot link the mentioned Wargaming IDs to the data you store, this requirement does not apply to you.



shikaka9 #2 Posted 29 November 2019 - 06:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 72156 battles
  • 1,308
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
:popcorn:

TsundereWaffle #3 Posted 29 November 2019 - 06:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 28554 battles
  • 11,188
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013
Hm, I think your best bet here would be contacting customer support

Homer_J #4 Posted 29 November 2019 - 06:54 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32930 battles
  • 36,133
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

A bunch of these got sent out by mistake before.  I guess it's the same again.

 

Assuming you don't have any Wargaming data there's nothing for you to do.

 

Last time I just replied that I had fully complied with their request (since I had no data to delete).



Balc0ra #5 Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74388 battles
  • 21,281
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
I got a similar one from WG before. I got a new one the next day saying it was done by mistake. I've also gotten super test mails from WOWS that also was sent by mistake. So I'm willing to bet that's the case if you have joined neither of those programs.

wEight_Tanker #6 Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11545 battles
  • 1,366
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016
At first glance, looks like a bunch of baloney.

demon_tank #7 Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27381 battles
  • 1,644
  • [RED_S] RED_S
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012
But they never send coupons or tanks by mistake do they ?

Scumzor #8 Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:36 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43566 battles
  • 340
  • Member since:
    07-31-2014

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 29 November 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

Hm, I think your best bet here would be contacting customer support

Why ? like i have data from WG,only playing the game,thats it



TsundereWaffle #9 Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 28554 battles
  • 11,188
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

View PostScumzor, on 29 November 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

Why ? like i have data from WG,only playing the game,thats it

 

And that's exactly the reason why :)



BeefCrtinBandit #10 Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7918 battles
  • 744
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    05-03-2016
I've gotten one like that from the ships devs before, it's an oops.

Tankistu #11 Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:18 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31155 battles
  • 637
  • [BOSII] BOSII
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View PostScumzor, on 29 November 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

I got this mail from WG,i don't understand what it's about ?

 

Hello

You've received this email because (1) you have a Developer account (use Wargaming Developer Room) and accepted the Wargaming API Terms of Use or (2) you are a Wargaming partner who receives data from us and accepted the Data Protection Agreement.

According to the Terms of Use and the Data Protection Agreement, you must delete personal data obtained from us without undue delay.

Please consider this email as a request to delete all data that you process on behalf of Wargaming Group Limited, Wargaming.net Limited, Wargaming World Limited, or any other Wargaming company for the following Wargaming ID(s) (also referred to as SPA ID).

This request was created because the mentioned user(s) have objected to processing of their Wargaming.net account(s) data.

If you do not store personal data or you cannot link the mentioned Wargaming IDs to the data you store, this requirement does not apply to you.


It's a polite request for you to delete your account. 



ValkyrionX #12 Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:38 AM

    Major

  • Moderator
  • 54672 battles
  • 2,717
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

This thread has been moved to the correct section.

 

If you suspect that this email you received is a suspicious email or that it may have been sent by mistake , I suggest you contact Customer Service as soon as possible to ask for clarification.


Edited by ValkyrionX, 30 November 2019 - 10:09 AM.


jabster #13 Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:51 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • 26,279
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostValkyrionX, on 30 November 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

This thread has been moved to the correct section.

 

If you suspect that this email you received is a suspicious email or that it may have been sent by mistake , I suggest you contact Customer Service as soon as possible to ask for clarification.


The German section?



Fritz_B #14 Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:04 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22750 battles
  • 865
  • Member since:
    10-24-2012

View PostValkyrionX, on 30 November 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

This thread has been moved to the correct section.

 

If you suspect that this email you received is a suspicious email or that it may have been sent by mistake , I suggest you contact Customer Service as soon as possible to ask for clarification.

Schon klar.... Correct section....! :sceptic:



ValkyrionX #15 Posted 30 November 2019 - 10:14 AM

    Major

  • Moderator
  • 54672 battles
  • 2,717
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View Postjabster, on 30 November 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:


The German section?

 

error was corrected, thanks.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users