• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

geoff99 #1 Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43352 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Hi all,

Tonight I can't type in in-game chat, or messages in the garage. When I've had chat bans in the past I've received an email from WG telling me I've been banned, and for how long, plus also in-game reminders if I do try to chat.

This time, no email from WG and no in-game messages.

Any thoughts on whether it is a ban and WG have changed their systems, or could it be a mod conflict? If so, I use Aslain's mod pack. I downloaded a new version last night but it didn't affect chat then.

Any constructive thoughts welcome. :)

Edited by geoff99, 30 November 2019 - 12:03 AM.

Major_Heller #2 Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1474 battles

[editied]

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 30 November 2019 - 12:18 AM.
Violation of forum rules. Being insulting, discussing moderation decisions and non-constructive content.

evilchaosmonkey #3 Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17952 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

That has happened to me (but only once or twice) for a game or two a long time ago.  I play vanilla so it's not a mod.  Might be some kind of de-sync issue going on.

edit: oh and I wasn't banned (despite repeated attempts on my behalf when AFK players are around) so it may not be a ban in your case either.

edit:  and it's nothing to do with the new posse of mods on the forum, they don't arrange in game chat bans

edit: o7 to our soon to be fallen forumite above, may you rest in peace.  He's dead now, god rest his soul. A very clever turn of phrase, but with inevitable consequences.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 30 November 2019 - 12:18 AM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #4 Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34899 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

I was chatbanned too and had the same "invisible chat" thing happen today. A couple other clanmates also got chatbanned at the same time... The message said I was chatbanned for something I said on the 28th, but I was already playing for an hour when that happened, and it didn't even specify why I was chatbanned either, no emails either, just boom, chatban.

Holiday season, gOtTa pRoTeCt tHe kIdDiEs who btw have worse potty mouths than me!!

geoff99 #5 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43352 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Thanks for comments.

I switched it off and switched it on again, and this time had a notification that I did have a chat ban. So all good.

/thread or whatever it is the cool kids say.

Major_Heller #6 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1474 battles

Edited

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 30 November 2019 - 12:41 AM.
Violation of Forum rules, namely discussion of moderation decisions and insulting content.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74420 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 29 November 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

I was chatbanned too and had the same "invisible chat" thing happen today. A couple other clanmates also got chatbanned at the same time... The message said I was chatbanned for something I said on the 28th, but I was already playing for an hour when that happened, and it didn't even specify why I was chatbanned either, no emails either, just boom, chatban.

Holiday season, gOtTa pRoTeCt tHe kIdDiEs who btw have worse potty mouths than me!!

Keep in mind that chat has an automated system looking for some words "no idea what they are tbh". Kinda works like team damage. If you use one, you get a mark. Get too many marks over a short time and you get an automated ban. Don't matter where you chat. PM's, clan, training room. Even if none of the "kids" see it. You can still get smacked with no warning.

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 November 2019 - 12:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users