Jump to content


How in heck do you leave a clan?


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Bulldog_Drummond #1 Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:35 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33600 battles
  • 10,779
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

I'm probably being incredibly dense but have read the WG FAQ instructions and googled various guides, aids and even videos on how to process leaving a clan but have so far come up against a blank wall.

Any simple instructions that will take me there?

 



Immensive #2 Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:44 AM

    Sergeant

  • Moderator
  • 48128 battles
  • 262
  • [HOOT] HOOT
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
Homepage -> Clans -> My Clan -> Down in the left corner over the FAQ symbol there should be a small sign "leave clan"

Inappropriate_noob #3 Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:50 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 17513 battles
  • 5,354
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostImmensive, on 30 November 2019 - 01:44 AM, said:

Homepage -> Clans -> My Clan -> Down in the left corner over the FAQ symbol there should be a small sign "leave clan"

And don't forget to sign in first, I thought Shylo were a good clan.



BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:51 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24503 battles
  • 12,275
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 30 November 2019 - 12:50 AM, said:

And don't forget to sign in first, I thought Shylo were a good clan.

You know he's a Dinger at heart.;)



Bulldog_Drummond #5 Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:52 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33600 battles
  • 10,779
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostImmensive, on 30 November 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

Homepage -> Clans -> My Clan -> Down in the left corner over the FAQ symbol there should be a small sign "leave clan"

 

Thanks, but that doesn't work

00:54 Added after 1 minute

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 30 November 2019 - 12:51 AM, said:

You know he's a Dinger at heart.;)

 

I'm a solipsist at heart



Inappropriate_noob #6 Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:04 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 17513 battles
  • 5,354
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 30 November 2019 - 01:52 AM, said:

 

Thanks, but that doesn't work

00:54 Added after 1 minute

 

I'm a solipsist at heart

You go to that page, the sign in, then follow the instructions, the leave button is down on the left



Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33600 battles
  • 10,779
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 30 November 2019 - 01:04 AM, said:

You go to that page, the sign in, then follow the instructions, the leave button is down on the left

 

Okay so I'm logged in and in garage, where is this "homepage" of which you speak?

Clicking on "Clan" gets me nowhere useful


Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 30 November 2019 - 02:14 AM.


Homer_J #8 Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32940 battles
  • 36,139
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 30 November 2019 - 01:13 AM, said:

 

Okay so I'm logged in and in garage, where is this "homepage" of which you speak?

Clicking on "Clan" gets me nowhere useful

 

Not sure you can do it in game.

 

Top right of this webpage you see your nick.  Click that then WORLD OF TANKS, take it from there with the instructions above.

 

I had to log in again when I got to the Dingers page.


Edited by Homer_J, 30 November 2019 - 02:20 AM.


Element6 #9 Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:23 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32010 battles
  • 11,566
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013
I suddenly occured to me you got out of Dingers yet are unfamiliar with the procedure. You should change your passoword immediately!

Dava_117 #10 Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:27 AM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23050 battles
  • 5,491
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostElement6, on 30 November 2019 - 02:23 AM, said:

I suddenly occured to me you got out of Dingers yet are unfamiliar with the procedure. You should change your passoword immediately!

 

Was about to post the same comment. :)



Keller #11 Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:28 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 18907 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    01-20-2011
I always insult the mother of the clanleader and I am clanlesss in an instant. Or you could do what @Immersive and @HomerJ said.

Bulldog_Drummond #12 Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:28 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33600 battles
  • 10,779
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostHomer_J, on 30 November 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

 

Not sure you can do it in game.

 

Top right of this webpage you see your nick.  Click that then WORLD OF TANKS, take it from there with the instructions above.

 

I had to log in again when I got to the Dingers page.

 

Got it, thanks, Homer.

Why do WG make it so ridiculously counterintuitive rather than just having a "leave clan" option on the clan page?

 

View PostElement6, on 30 November 2019 - 01:23 AM, said:

I suddenly occured to me you got out of Dingers yet are unfamiliar with the procedure. You should change your passoword immediately!

 

Haha.  I couldn't work it out then either and had to ask Jogga to kick me out.

01:33 Added after 5 minute

View PostDava_117, on 30 November 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

 

Was about to post the same comment. :)

 

It is a pleasure to see that the Dingers have been mass recruited as mods.  This should have been done years ago



Dava_117 #13 Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:37 AM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23050 battles
  • 5,491
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 30 November 2019 - 02:28 AM, said:

It is a pleasure to see that the Dingers have been mass recruited as mods.  This should have been done years ago

 

It took a lot of time to WG to recognize who are the real forum owners. :trollface:



Bulldog_Drummond #14 Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:47 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33600 battles
  • 10,779
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostDava_117, on 30 November 2019 - 01:37 AM, said:

 

It took a lot of time to WG to recognize who are the real forum owners. :trollface:

 

Such deeds could never fail to be 
Renowned throughout the west. 



Tankistu #15 Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:25 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31186 battles
  • 637
  • [BOSII] BOSII
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 30 November 2019 - 12:35 AM, said:

I'm probably being incredibly dense but have read the WG FAQ instructions and googled various guides, aids and even videos on how to process leaving a clan but have so far come up against a blank wall.

 

 

 

You did all that?! You could have just entered clan chat and insulted the clan commander. 



Argedeava #16 Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:22 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39936 battles
  • 680
  • [SKUT] SKUT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013
You really must want to leave to succed.

feoffle3 #17 Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:03 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12733 battles
  • 124
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1
  • Member since:
    05-24-2015
For some reason they decided to make it as difficult as opting out of cookies on websites.

Poisoned_Dwarf #18 Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:09 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 41215 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 30 November 2019 - 01:13 AM, said:

 

Okay so I'm logged in and in garage, where is this "homepage" of which you speak?

Clicking on "Clan" gets me nowhere useful


:facepalm:



unhappy_bunny #19 Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:04 AM

    Colonel

  • Moderator
  • 20211 battles
  • 3,743
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

Sounds like you had a bit of a Hotel California moment 

 

 

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
'Relax' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'



Bordhaw #20 Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:05 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15308 battles
  • 5,234
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 30 November 2019 - 12:35 AM, said:

How in heck do you leave a clan?

 

 

I think it costs 200 Gold. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users