Purchased Crew with Brother in Arms perk?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

RetroCh1cken #1 Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:20 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5658 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
So, I'm starting to think giving my KV-2 R camo skills instead of repair skills might have been a dumb idea so I was going to reset my crew until I saw this:
90deda62b940abfca806dcb0577bf70e.jpgSo, if I understand this correctly, does this mean the "Brother in Arms" skill that came with the KV-2 R crew will be removed? Cause it certainly looks like if I reset my crew they will be on their second skill when in reality they are on their third skill.
Or does count the BIA perk as non-resettable so it doesn't count in the panel?

Edited by RetroCh1cken, 30 November 2019 - 05:21 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:27 AM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

No, the BiA/SiS Skill on those crews is basically untouched and is not considered part of the skills. This also means if you have two crews:

-a crew with the free BiA/SiS (so let's go with a full female crew for ease of explanation) on 4 Skills

-a normal crew, say your first crew ever, on 4 Skills

The female crew is actually on 3 Skills and so will effectively train faster vs. the normal crew. Atleast, this is how I understand it to work, I'm open to being proven wrong (though I'm fairly certain I'm correct).

I'm unaware if he mentions it, but this might be helpful in the future with regards to crew skills and such for you:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/594202-version-10-08102016-schmidtys-crew-skill-guide/

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 30 November 2019 - 05:28 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34502 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
What it's showing is what the result will be after reset, so 100% + 95% camo will go down to 100% + 92% repairs. The BIA skill is not showing as accounted for because it's permanent and therefore ignored in the calculation. 

RetroCh1cken #4 Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:50 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5658 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 30 November 2019 - 04:27 AM, said:

No, the BiA/SiS Skill on those crews is basically untouched and is not considered part of the skills. This also means if you have two crews:

-a crew with the free BiA/SiS (so let's go with a full female crew for ease of explanation) on 4 Skills

-a normal crew, say your first crew ever, on 4 Skills

The female crew is actually on 3 Skills and so will effectively train faster vs. the normal crew. Atleast, this is how I understand it to work, I'm open to being proven wrong (though I'm fairly certain I'm correct).

I'm unaware if he mentions it, but this might be helpful in the future with regards to crew skills and such for you:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/594202-version-10-08102016-schmidtys-crew-skill-guide/

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 30 November 2019 - 04:28 AM, said:

What it's showing is what the result will be after reset, so 100% + 95% camo will go down to 100% + 92% repairs. The BIA skill is not showing as accounted for because it's permanent and therefore ignored in the calculation. 

Ahh, alright that explains it then, now I can thankfully reset my crew without being scared of losing a whole skill. 

Spurtung #5 Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75056 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

Hint: check on top, the "Before reset" will answer all those doubts.

Also, some free advice.

- Unless that's the only heavy tank you have for that nation, never keep a crew trained for a premium vehicle. Premium vehicles can take any crew from the same class and nation (in this case, Russian HT) without any penalty, so it's best if that crew is trained on a tech tree tank and then used on that tank and a premium.

- If possible, never reset skills using credits. Crews lose 10% of their TOTAL experience, and that can amass to a significant amount. As a simplification, assume major qualification takes 100k xp from 0% to 100% and then it doubles on each skill (1st skill, 200k; 2nd skill, 400k; 3rd skill, 800k and so on) so 10% of that, in this case means something like 70k, but the more skills you have, the more you'll lose.

Edited by Spurtung, 30 November 2019 - 06:22 AM.

RetroCh1cken #6 Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5658 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostSpurtung, on 30 November 2019 - 05:13 AM, said:

Hint: check on top, the "Before reset" will answer all those doubts.

Also, some free advice.

- Unless that's the only heavy tank you have for that nation, never keep a crew trained for a premium vehicle. Premium vehicles can take any crew from the same class and nation (in this case, Russian HT) without any penalty, so it's best if that crew is trained on a tech tree tank and then used on that tank and a premium.

- If possible, never reset skills using credits. Crews lose 10% of their TOTAL experience, and that can amass to a significant amount. As a simplification, assume major qualification takes 100k xp from 0% to 100% and then it doubles on each skill (1st skill, 200k; 2nd skill, 400k; 3rd skill, 800k and so on) so 10% of that, in this case means something like 70k, but the more skills you have, the more you'll lose.

Yeah, I saw that but didn't know if it could trust it or not, from what I knew at the time the perk could have been bugged and the game would think it didn't even exist. The reset thing is quite obvious though about losing 10% so that's why I've avoided resetting the camo to repair but I'm starting to feel like I have to do it cause I'll just lose more experience in that 10% the more time that goes by.

Also, I know premiums are best for training crews but when it comes to my KV-2 R I've set a goal for myself to have an incredibly op KV-2 compared to the standard one. So while I own both KV-2 & KV-2 R, the KV-2 R is just overall better cause it's a premium (more money and more experience) so that's why I both have bond equipment, food and a very overtrained crew with the commander on his fourth perk. :coin:

Gruff_ #7 Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22826 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 30 November 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

Also, I know premiums are best for training crews but when it comes to my KV-2 R I've set a goal for myself to have an incredibly op KV-2 compared to the standard one. So while I own both KV-2 & KV-2 R, the KV-2 R is just overall better cause it's a premium (more money and more experience) so that's why I both have bond equipment, food and a very overtrained crew with the commander on his fourth perk. :coin:

But you don't need your KV2-R crew to be trained for the KV2-R for them to use it, that's a bonus of a premium tank - train them for another tech tree heavy then you can get the benefit of the "OP" crew in 2 tanks rather than just the KV2-R

RetroCh1cken #8 Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5658 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostGruff_, on 30 November 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

But you don't need your KV2-R crew to be trained for the KV2-R for them to use it, that's a bonus of a premium tank - train them for another tech tree heavy then you can get the benefit of the "OP" crew in 2 tanks rather than just the KV2-R

Oh so that's what it was meant with that, well it doesn't really matter anyway cause the KV-2 is more of a secondary tank if anything, if my KV-2 R is in battle I usually play with the KV-2 in the meantime if I want more derp battles but it's not really possible to transfer a crew from a tank that is already in battle from what I know. 

Gruff_ #9 Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22826 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 30 November 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

Oh so that's what it was meant with that, well it doesn't really matter anyway cause the KV-2 is more of a secondary tank if anything, if my KV-2 R is in battle I usually play with the KV-2 in the meantime if I want more derp battles but it's not really possible to transfer a crew from a tank that is already in battle from what I know. 

Not whilst they are in battle in anther tank no.  Don't want you to miss out using that crew on another tank though, have been repeatedly going through this with a clan mate who kept retraining the crew to the premium tank then back to a tech tree one thus loosing crew xp / base skill everytime.  The IS-3 is a nice tank to aim for at tier 8.

RetroCh1cken #10 Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5658 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostGruff_, on 30 November 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Not whilst they are in battle in anther tank no.  Don't want you to miss out using that crew on another tank though, have been repeatedly going through this with a clan mate who kept retraining the crew to the premium tank then back to a tech tree one thus loosing crew xp / base skill everytime.  The IS-3 is a nice tank to aim for at tier 8.

Ah, no worries. I'll try to keep that in mind and change out my premium crews more when playing other tanks, thanks for wanting to help though :)

Spurtung #11 Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:22 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75056 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 30 November 2019 - 04:20 AM, said:

Or does count the BIA perk as non-resettable so it doesn't count in the panel?

Just remembered another thing!

When in doubt about any 0 skill perk/skill, hover the mouse over them in the crew member's personal file, and this should show:

RetroCh1cken #12 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5658 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostSpurtung, on 03 December 2019 - 04:22 AM, said:

Just remembered another thing!

When in doubt about any 0 skill perk/skill, hover the mouse over them in the crew member's personal file, and this should show:

Oh, that's actually quite helpful, would be good to have had known this earlier

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users