• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Zinomov #1 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23918 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
i'll be honest, i'm tired of those brit tanks and their OP armor
especially the conqurors and their 10° of gun dep, it's literally impossible to pen them when they're hull down and worse most of the ppl who play those are little p2w kids who spams the gold, talk about having insecurities irl -_-

that's why i ask WG to 1st nerf all british meds and heavies from tier 8 to 10 to their previous historically accurate armor values, as well as changing the conquerors (tier 9 and 10) gun dep to 7°, cause the currently is absolutely destroying the meta and it's only getting worse, and those who still can't see this are simply as ignorant imo

let me know what's ur take on this

if there's still some "honest" players out there who wants this game to be balanced and fun to play, raise ur voices, otherwise WG will keep on milking us for the rest of our gaming life (even tho it seems that people today are stupid enough to be fine with it ...)

Balc0ra #2 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I would welcome it on one at least. I miss my higher DPM tier 9 Conq that could eat up everything. I did not want the spaced armor turret trade-off.

Spurtung #3 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75056 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostZinomov, on 30 November 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

and worse most of the ppl who play those are little p2w kids who spams the gold, talk about having insecurities irl -_-

This is the sort of comment in an opening statement that tends to ruin a whole thread.

On-topic: so you've been penning IS-7's turret much?

evilchaosmonkey #4 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Comes on the British forum and moans about British tanks which historically were given a very rough ride by WG.

Chances of any sympathy not great.

Inappropriate_noob #5 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17506 battles

View PostZinomov, on 30 November 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

especially the conqurors and their 10° of gun dep, it's literally impossible to pen them when they're hull down and worse most of the ppl who play those are little p2w kids who spams the gold, talk about having insecurities irl -_-

that's why i ask WG to 1st nerf all british meds and heavies from tier 8 to 10 to their previous historically accurate armor values, as well as changing the conquerors (tier 9 and 10) gun dep to 7°, cause the currently is absolutely destroying the meta and it's only getting worse, and those who still can't see this are simply as ignorant imo

if there's still some "honest" players out there who wants this game to be balanced and fun to play, raise ur voices, otherwise WG will keep on milking us for the rest of our gaming life (even tho it seems that people today are stupid enough to be fine with it ...)

Are you [edited]out of your mind? All Brit tanks are gimped anyways due to lower front plate ammo rack, they NEED AN ARMOUR BUFF ffs

UrQuan #6 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21638 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Sounds less of a british tank problem & more of an armor layout problem (as it is not unique to the brits). Some tank armor layouts are indeed too strong in hulldown locations. 

Over the years armor has grown rather strong really & imo should be toned down as it does make balancing hard. Armor is a very powerful balancing factor. 

Imo, the whole armor issue got out of hand since the VK 100 line introduction. Since then several over-armored tanks have joined the game. The HD model upgrade didn't help matters as it often simplified armor models removing various classic weakspots on many tanks (mg ports / visor slits).

Weakspots should exist so armored tanks can't just stay in the open / in view without the risk of getting penetrated. 

Still plenty of this could been somewhat okay if the map design was good allowing multiple roads to take encouraging flanking. But this isn't the case as newer maps often reduce flanking opportunities increasing the strength of armor as a whole (less flanking opportunities? -> easier to use armor!)

in the end, to tackle your issue OP, the game needs a serious rework in the armor department & map redesigning as well (or new maps offering more routes to take)

Stevies_Team #7 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14801 battles
Shell racking anyone?

BrinklyWollox #8 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

So kiddies spamming gold have insecurities IRL and other players are 'stupid enough' to still enjoy playing the game whereas you're crying to have the armour model and gun depression nerfed because you're so secure and confident? :mellow:

Sit down, son, you're making yourself look daft.

Dava_117 #9 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:22 PM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

To be fair, I have no problem with british med. They have bad DPM to compensate for the strong turret and gold have chance to punch trough their turret, even at max gun dep.

Conqueror and SConqueror are another story. IMO should nerf DPM to compensate for the impenetrable turret and the 304mm plate that allows them to sidescrape should be removed. 

SConqueror also need a turret weackspot. IMO, the rangefinder should be changed from spaced armour to primary armour, so you have a place to pen it with AP when it's not using the gun depression.

Probably also the soft stat should get a slight nerf.

Same goes with T95/Chieftain, where I would also change the turret with the Chieftain MK6 one, that has sensible weackspots and can be penetrated with good aim.

arthurwellsley #10 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54183 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

All the tanks you mention have a weakspot where their ammo rack is, which means not only do they get penetrated there, they suffer a red ammo rack, and frequently additional sometimes catastrophic damage. If they loss their turret armour are they to be compensated with stronger protection around the ammo rack?

Edited by arthurwellsley, 30 November 2019 - 12:26 PM.

Dava_117 #11 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:39 PM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postarthurwellsley, on 30 November 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

All the tanks you mention have a weakspot where their ammo rack is, which means not only do they get penetrated there, they suffer a red ammo rack, and frequently additional sometimes catastrophic damage. If they loss their turret armour are they to be compensated with stronger protection around the ammo rack?

Well, considering UFP on Conqueror and SConqeror got buffed to around 280-290mm effective (without normalization and without taking into account SConqueror spaced armour) having the ammorack behind the only weackspot is not really a balancing factor. It's not like in the Centurions where all the hull frontal armour can be penetrated quite easily with AP so the ammorack on the front is a sensible problem.

Inappropriate_noob #12 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17506 battles

View PostDava_117, on 30 November 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Well, considering UFP on Conqueror and SConqeror got buffed to around 280-290mm effective (without normalization and without taking into account SConqueror spaced armour) having the ammorack behind the only weackspot is not really a balancing factor. It's not like in the Centurions where all the hull frontal armour can be penetrated quite easily with AP so the ammorack on the front is a sensible problem.

For all that it still gets taken out easily.

wEight_Tanker #13 Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11539 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

Not that I'm satisfied by OP's constructiveness and attitude, but I do agree with his message. Everyone here's missing out on the fact that the Conquerors are virtually impossible to defeat when only their turrets are exposed. The cupola is nearly impossible to damage. No matter the tank and its tier, most successful hits only do critical damage and no. I will not sit for days and record battles where I shoot the darned cupola.

View Postarthurwellsley, on 30 November 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

Would be much appreciated if you'd point to the ammorack weakspot on the Conquerors in relation to OP's description of the tank's tactics. (Hint: Turret's only exposed, good luck!).

shikaka9 #14 Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 72145 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
OP armour? are you sure you in right forum, I mean right game

Lanrefni #15 Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 34777 battles
i like my Centurion hulldown armor

divsmo #16 Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37599 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

Russian heavies and mediums say hi and if you think the tier 8, 9 and 10 british mediums are OP i'll have some of what you're smoking.

strv_varjager #17 Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5655 battles
So you want to remove the turret armor from caernarvon to make it balanced? The only thing that actually makes it viable since it lacks any other form of armor and the fact it always gets ammoracked and a big chance of fire.

Bulldog_Drummond #18 Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33576 battles

I had always been told that the British tanks were rubbish.

So I am pleased to see some agreement that they are actually rather good.

wEight_Tanker #19 Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11539 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

View Poststrv_varjager, on 30 November 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

So you want to remove the turret armor from caernarvon to make it balanced? The only thing that actually makes it viable since it lacks any other form of armor and the fact it always gets ammoracked and a big chance of fire.

I like how you immediately start putting words into peoples' mouths. Also, no one has answered my reply here. Sure, you might ammorack it or set it on fire with ease, but do we have a weakspot that is actually possible to hit when it goes hulldown exposing its turret only? I don't know that, that's why I asked.

Bulldog_Drummond #20 Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33576 battles

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 30 November 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

I like how you immediately start putting words into peoples' mouths. Also, no one has answered my reply here. Sure, you might ammorack it or set it on fire with ease, but do we have a weakspot that is actually possible to hit when it goes hulldown exposing its turret only? I don't know that, that's why I asked.

Quite a lot of tanks are tough to pen when hull down

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users