Marking tanks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

aps1 #1 Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25571 battles

I have a question.

what is they criteria for marking a gun? I am not great with this stuff but my understanding is average damage form 100 games over the last x amount of days. If it’s better then 65% you get one mark and so on! 

the question is more around the 100 battles. Let’s say you get a one mark after playing only 80 battles in total in a  new tank does this mean you are probably well above the 65% mark but as you have only played 80 battles it won’t come into line until you hit 100 battles

its hard to explain what I am saying is if anyone can explain it bette that would be a great help.

thanks 

UrQuan #2 Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21647 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Think i know what you mean. You get the mark automatically once you cross the benchmark. If you cross the 65% benchmark at 80 games that's when you get it. This is because the game treats the 20 non-played games as 0 damage/assist games in its calculations.

Keep in mind that marking doesn't only look at damage. it also includes assistance/spotting (whichever is higher in a match). Assistance damage is the damage done by others to a target you tracked. Spotting is the damage done by others to targets you spotted (can be shared with other spotters)

If you got 1000 assistance & 500 spotting in match 1 and 1000 assistance & 1500 spotting in match 2 then in match 1 the assistance damage will count for your mark (on top of the damage you did) and in match 2 the spotting will count for your mark (on top of the damage you did)

Balc0ra #3 Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74420 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It's more on the combined average across others playing it the past 14 days too. As you can 3 mark anything in less than 100 games. Or even 50 if you're good enough. So you might need 850 damage in a tier 7 to get the % to up towards 65%, and it might jump to 1K at 85%, and 1400 at 95%. So if you have 87% and do less then 1K, it might drop a bit. There is an MOE mod that will show those numbers in the garage.

That and it might change if you have not played it for a long time. And the average for 95% might have dropped to 1200. Then even on a bad game it might jump if you play it. As then he uses your total average across the last 100 etc iirc to find your new %. As an example, my Pz IV Hydro was at 1400 the last I played it for 95%, that was a lot for a tier 5. Then it did appear in the Bond shop and I played it again after a few days. It went from 1400 to 1100 for 95%. So my MOE jumped from 81% to almost 93% in one game as the average had dropped.

You also have to consider that in terms of assist. He only takes one type into consideration. Say you do 800 damage. But also have 800 spotting assist and got 700 track assist. You still only have 1600 combined for the MOE progress. As the lowest of the two assist types is not counted. In this case, track assist. So if you are going for it, focus on one of them. As in if you know you have little to no spotting assist. Then tracking a full HP target in the open late game will help.

aps1 #4 Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25571 battles
Cheers guys it was more around the 20 non games are they classed as zero.

I ask cos I usually get the one mark(only have one marks on tanks) and sometimes don’t mark them before I move to tier 10, but I marked the conqueror on 80 games and I was a bit confused.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users