Old Maps Option

#oldmaps#old #maps #

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Old Maps option (40 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should WG gives us the option to choose to play old even unbalanced maps like Komarin, Berlin, Hidden village, Swamp, Severogorsk, Northwest...and so on?

1. Yes plz, giev! (32 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No...i like to have someone tells me what i should play. (8 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Hide poll

Rainbowkiss83 #1 Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24126 battles
  • [_HATE] _HATE
As said in the title, i really miss old maps (almost all of them) and i don't understand why they has beem removed from the game without the option to let us play them.
I would really appreciate WG givin us the option to unlock them at our choice, just a "include even old maps" when the system is searchin for new games.
That way new players will be able to enjoy the balanced new maps while someone else will be able to take the bet and get a random old map or a new one at 50% 50%, no one will be forced it will be a personal choice and no whinin will be allowed if u get the wrong side or the old map u dislike the most. 

Edited by Rainbowkiss83, 01 December 2019 - 03:20 PM.

ThorgrimBrenadim #2 Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34532 battles

Only issue is most are not HD and not sure the current game engine is compatible with them, so they would need some conversion to work. This has been done already so can be done to all old maps. 

We have a basic map rotation so at any given time from what I have seen on each EU server there are a set number of options so lets call these slots. They could make one or two more slots available but these slots have sub slots that contain 2-4 old maps especially unblanced maps so they do not come up too frequently ie lets say there are five slots at present you increase that to seven and in each of those additional two slots you have 3 old maps if the random generation picks one of these two slots a further random generation picks one of the three old maps thus they will appear less frequently than the maps in the original five slots.

We talk about broken maps, unbalanced maps etc. BUT Mines Encounter is the most broken most unbalanced map they have ever had in this game IMO, south spawn you have two spawn zones one across the water (which slows you down) you are furthest from the CAP furthest from the hill which in the majority of games is key to the win, YET ! still wargamming have not fixed this, never mind that it is too small for higher tiers. 

So if wargamming think it is ok to keep this map in the game then they have no reason at all to not bring back every single old map.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 01 December 2019 - 03:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74420 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If I had the option to 100% ignore all of them? Sure. Why not. Since then I don't have to remember why I hated just about every one of them.  As I can't say I miss the 15 vs 14 matches on the 8 lane on Dragons Ridge. Or the north team having 12 guns in base on South Coast waiting for the 0 lane medium push to appear. Or the full-on lemming rush to the middle of Komarin while the red line snipers waited for one to win it. As tbh... I only miss one of them. And that's Port.

Tho we might get one of them back soo, as Pearl River is still in testing unless it's dropped.

But... the issue is that none of them are HD if you will. So if they added all of them. It would still take a while, as it took them 90 days pr map with the current lineup we have.

Edited by Balc0ra, 01 December 2019 - 03:42 PM.

pihip #4 Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16204 battles
I'd be very happy to play the older maps over Minsk, Paris and some of the newer [editied].

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 01 December 2019 - 04:19 PM.
language

Erwin_Von_Braun #5 Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43253 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If I could have one thing back it would be Sand River Assault.

Totally unbalanced, but tremendous fun.

Rainbowkiss83 #6 Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24126 battles
  • [_HATE] _HATE

View PostBalc0ra, on 01 December 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

If I had the option to 100% ignore all of them? Sure. Why not. Since then I don't have to remember why I hated just about every one of them.  As I can't say I miss the 15 vs 14 matches on the 8 lane on Dragons Ridge. Or the north team having 12 guns in base on South Coast waiting for the 0 lane medium push to appear. Or the full-on lemming rush to the middle of Komarin while the red line snipers waited for one to win it. As tbh... I only miss one of them. And that's Port.

Tho we might get one of them back soo, as Pearl River is still in testing unless it's dropped.

But... the issue is that none of them are HD if you will. So if they added all of them. It would still take a while, as it took them 90 days pr map with the current lineup we have.

Ofc, you should enable the option to play them
Otherwise it's a big nope to all of them

Balc0ra #7 Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74420 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRainbowkiss83, on 01 December 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

Ofc, you should enable the option to play them
Otherwise it's a big nope to all of them

Tbh I would not mind dipping in some of them now and then. But in randoms all day with zero rework. No thx.

Mr_Burrows #8 Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49588 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

I am all for it. I know some of them were a pure mess, but Swamp, for example, was not a bad map at all. Specially the later iterations were both fun and gave some opportunities to actually work around the enemy force. The bad thing about it was the rework of the castle area, which turned that spot into a flustercuck of almost epic proportions every battle. Other than that it was a fun map for all tank classes. 

Bordhaw #9 Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15308 battles

View PostRainbowkiss83, on 01 December 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

As said in the title, i really miss old maps (almost all of them) and i don't understand why they has beem removed from the game without the option to let us play them.
I would really appreciate WG givin us the option to unlock them at our choice, just a "include even old maps" when the system is searchin for new games.
That way new players will be able to enjoy the balanced new maps while someone else will be able to take the bet and get a random old map or a new one at 50% 50%, no one will be forced it will be a personal choice and no whinin will be allowed if u get the wrong side or the old map u dislike the most. 

Great idea. Shame it takes 3 years to design and test a map only for WG to produce Paris or Studizaniski. 

Venom7000 #10 Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7592 battles

They should just HD remake the maps and send them to us for play. Lets worry about the balance later.

OR

Offer the "old maps" in a mode called "classic". Until the time comes when 1 by 1 all those maps get re-tested and rebalanced in order to be played in all other mods.

But like Balc0ra said. Offer some kind of way for people to 100% ignore them if they want to.

Edited by Venom7000, 01 December 2019 - 10:53 PM.

Spurtung #11 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75102 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
Berlin was never implemented to begin with.

PowJay #12 Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:01 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40532 battles

Considering that Fjords was rebalanced, and now seems to be just about one of THE worst maps for me to play on, I really don't see the problem.

I quite liked Northwest. Maybe it's just me but although I remember certain predictable choke points, I recall quite enjoying that map. I did not like Dragon Ridge, but I was very, very new when that was removed.

I don't recall liking Komarin much even after they altered it again. Severegorsk I don't really remember which way I felt about it- original or altered. Second Swamp was OK- third, I believe as wasn't this changed again after reintroduction?

Personally, I see two problems with maps. 1. Not enough variety in rotation at any given time. By this I mean that some days it seems that all the maps in rotation are mostly built up and you rarely see an open map such as Prokhorovka or Malinovka when you are trying to do a scouting mission.

2. Introduction of new ones that really are not popular. Paris has to be a prime example, but I despise, and have blocked, Glacier.

Having said that, each new map takes players some time to get to grips with and to recognise the subtleties. Although I still prefer to not see Paris, two of my recent replays are on this map and I had a pretty good battle there last night. It might be luck, as much as anything else, but I can be not-totally-terrible on this map, just as I can be good or bad on most others.

facmanpob #13 Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4206 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
Mittengard for Tier X please... :hiding:

vasilinhorulezz #14 Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28736 battles
Most of those maps were removed for a reason, some just for the conversion to HD, some were just bad. I mean, I prefer to play Murovanka all day long than to play a single game in Hidden Village, although I kinda miss Swamp, the others were a failure.

Pansenmann #15 Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I want Dragon Ridge back! :izmena:

Balc0ra #16 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74420 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPansenmann, on 02 December 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

I want Dragon Ridge back! :izmena:

I played WOT console last night for a change. The first match in the T-54 Motherland was on that map. 14 vs 15 on line 8. Me on the 1line farming flank fire. Easiest Ace ever. I get subtle reminders like that on why I hated most maps on console.

Labrador_wow_wow #17 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37454 battles

I logged in (rarely do) just to vote No to this ridiculous idea & poll.

You're welcome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users