Forumites Christmas Skin Special 2019 - Requesting Closed!

pansy

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

jabster #181 Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12823 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 30 December 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

My personal edits (though I'm fairly sure it's still wrong):

Spoiler

I do atleast like the Desert Rats style from Homefront, even if that too is probably the wrong colours.

The 1st of January is the deadline for requests. I'll finish anything left on the list after that, but I will no longer take requests. That way, I can still focus on credit-grinding and stuff in-game and not bust my rear end trying to get everything done immediately.

A thumbs up for the colours but the pattern is let’s say sub-optimal. Still way better than what we currently have though.

Desyatnik_Pansy #182 Posted 31 December 2019 - 05:55 PM

Bartender

• 19208 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postjabster, on 31 December 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

A thumbs up for the colours but the pattern is let’s say sub-optimal. Still way better than what we currently have though.

Probably because it's still the default pattern tbf. I don't think Caunter would be really possible with a camo pattern that tiles, not without specific editing. For example, the Desert Rats camo is just this, but clearly its been rotated or something when applied to an actual tank.

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #183 Posted 01 January 2020 - 06:18 PM

Bartender

• 19208 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Right, since the main event is over, I've unpinned the thread.

I think the objective of today is try to get through the last things:

-M90 Strv 103B

-Spotted Progetto 46

-attempt something glowy or shiny with Progetto

-The_Naa's Soviet Emblem/MoE Swap

From there, I get the great joy of packing all of the downloads into a two packs (one which'll of course include one skin for every tank done, while the other includes the alternatives, cuz boy was there a lot of them).

Desyatnik_Pansy #184 Posted 01 January 2020 - 08:45 PM

Bartender

• 19208 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Well, I think I'll have to give up on the glowy Progetto. I had a possible idea to see if I could mess with the glow shaders, but yeah, that didn't go anywhere (tbf, knowing nothing on the subject, I should've expected as much). Nonetheless, Spotted Progetto, Splinter Strv 103B, and finally The_Naa's decal edits. Not sure I'm actually big on the MoEs, was very tempted just to make the standard red stars blue instead. :teethhappy:

Spoiler

I'll sort out downloads later.

PhooBar #185 Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 21096 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You do not disappoint, sir!

That is one sexy Progetto.

FataL_ShadowZ #186 Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13957 battles

Nice work Pansy, some very nice looking skins.

I'm curious, have you got a guide as to how skin creation is done? I've used Blender for a fair bit (for architectural modelling) and familiar with Photoshop/GIMP but haven't got a clue what process(es) are involved to make skins or alter tank models.

Desyatnik_Pansy #187 Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:55 PM

Bartender

• 19208 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Progetto and Strv added to the OP, while the decals were kept to PMs. I'll keep the separate downloads up in the OP For awhile longer, but later tonight I'll replace them with the full downloads, so if you only want one specific skin and not the rest then you better hurry. :P

View PostFataL_ShadowZ, on 01 January 2020 - 08:52 PM, said:

Nice work Pansy, some very nice looking skins.

I'm curious, have you got a guide as to how skin creation is done? I've used Blender for a fair bit (for architectural modelling) and familiar with Photoshop/GIMP but haven't got a clue what process(es) are involved to make skins or alter tank models.

In a very, very rough summary:

-you need to package the vehicle packages within the res folder (in WoT Game files) and extract the tank files for the chosen tank (i.e LTraktor)

-there are four files; AM, ANM, AO and GMM. We can entirely ignore the ANM/AO, but the AM Is the main textures while GMM Controls the metalMap, and is also what I use to get the paint mask so it doesn't overlay camonets, tools and so on (this is what I would normally use Blender for, and the only thing for Blender for reskins)

-I use Paint.NET To then simply edit the textures, save and voila

Obviously, very rough. I can send you a full thing through PMs (as I have done for two people on here already in fact) if it suits your fancy. Remodelling is a different matter, and requires a lot more. Technically all you need is Blender and then the model files within the vehicle files, but you can't really export that into the game in a fully working way. That's actually why I no longer remodel (well, that and I got bored of it tbh), I no longer have the program for actually exporting the edited models into the game.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 01 January 2020 - 10:01 PM.

UrQuan #188 Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22316 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Big thanks once again for doing all this for the community. Your Holiday skins are the only mods I use in WoT & I enjoy them greatly during the holiday period. Seeing my main tanks driving around all shiny just adds to the WoT holiday cheer for me.

Desyatnik_Pansy #189 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:39 AM

Bartender

• 19208 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostUrQuan, on 01 January 2020 - 11:33 PM, said:

Big thanks once again for doing all this for the community. Your Holiday skins are the only mods* I use in WoT & I enjoy them greatly during the holiday period. Seeing my main tanks driving around all shiny just adds to the WoT holiday cheer for me.

Time to commission a KV-4 Remodel. :trollface:

Funny to think that next year will be the 5th year doing this. Time sure flies.

Anyway, I've remoded all of the separate downloads and replaced them now with the two large downloads, a "full" version and an alternate version that includes all the other skins for tanks with multiple options. The spoiler in the OP Has been updated to reflect such, or you can use the links below. And with that, we're.. basically done for this year I think. :popcorn:

2019 Christmas Skin Special: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-2kI-BQMNRPs7nhbRpBle4Fbc8-ErgoE

Alternate Versions: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g-V1-m86lRU6DWQzs0xkoxnWz_5npHvs

Mr_Burrows #190 Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:27 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51815 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

These last skins are just dloody amazing! I love the m/90 on the strv, but to be honest that Progetto is a killer! At the same time both bold and reminding of a female underwear - what could be wrong with that?! :teethhappy:

You know, you have done this a couple of Christmases now, and I for one really hope you do it again the next one. It has become sort of a tradition, and brings a smile to a lot of us (and a holiday feeling I bet).  

Thank you! 

PhooBar #191 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 21096 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMr_Burrows, on 02 January 2020 - 06:27 AM, said:

These last skins are just dloody amazing! I love the m/90 on the strv, but to be honest that Progetto is a killer! At the same time both bold and reminding of a female underwear - what could be wrong with that?! :teethhappy:

What?  Wait...

You mean girls wear fuzzy leopard skivvies too?

I thot it was just me.  I've 3 of them.

PM me & I'll send you pics...

Edited by PhooBar, 03 January 2020 - 11:19 PM.

Mr_Burrows #192 Posted 05 January 2020 - 08:55 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51815 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostPhooBar, on 03 January 2020 - 11:18 PM, said:

What?  Wait...

You mean girls wear fuzzy leopard skivvies too?

I thot it was just me.  I've 3 of them.

PM me & I'll send you pics...

Anteckning 2020-01-05 085435.jpg

Also tagged with pansy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users