pansy

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy #1 Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:35 PM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

POPULAR

Requests will be taken from today, the 1st of December, until the 24th of December. If I'm feeling extra special I might even extend it until the 31st, but we'll see about that when we get there. For forumites who requested skins last year, I am not 100% Sure if those skins still work (I've tried one and had a game crash, but I haven't tested them since as of today), but I do have them. If you have them yourself, feel free to try them and if there are issues, you can request the same tank again free of "charge".

It's that time of year again. It's getting cold outside,frost covers the windows but alas no snow. All the Christmas specials in-game are starting off, we hope for some shiny goodies but it'll probably just be lootboxes with familiar tanks. Oh, and Pansy's doing his Christmas skins again. Rejoice! :B

As usual, rules are basically the same and unfortunately, I'm not changing anything from last year's rules, but that's not exactly limiting. For the newer folks or the folks who just don't remember, here we are:

-only one request per person: this prevents someone just spamming requests for three different tanks and saves me the work, since surely some people can't settle on just one. Don't worry if someone requests the same tank as you, since there are different colour options you can just request a different colour (or a different tank!) free of charge. EDIT: Well the one request rule is kinda invalid now since I've done a bunch of double requests for people, so feel free to request a second!

-no remodels: I don't mind reskinning some remodels, like Mirukii's, but I would rather not as it's extra work to download, then separately reskin them and I'd rather not go around asking the remodellers if I can reskin their models either.

-Gold, Silver, Bronze or Copper; or something else: as again, the main four colours return in all their shiny glory. If you're feeling special though, you can request a tank in a custom colour. I of course recommend the main four, as I have them in my opinion nailed down, whereas a custom colour means a lot of testing until we get just the right colour. We're still maintaining that it's purely single colours, no extra colours to the request, or patterns and such. Just pick something like "Pink TOG" and we'll work from there. :honoring:

And before we get to work of course, the previews. I actually have to apologise, I didn't prepare a Copper preview this time, so I'll just reuse the one from last year (which looks daft because it's much larger, so I put that in a spoiler within a spoiler). A little bit more on that further below:

Spoiler

A final note. As always, you can find the request list with downloads below. You can use it as an idea of where your request is and how long it'll take to get to it. I'll be adding the downloads of each one to the list as well as PMing them to you, as I think it's only fair to of course share them all with everyone else as well. As of this last week of course, I am now a moderator, as well as this ongoing M54 Renegade marathon which I am playing a bit for, so I do apologise in advance that I will probably take a bit longer to handle requests than previous years (partly why I chose to increase the length of the special).

Also, this problem still exists, so like last year they'll be a tad more than purely AM/GMM Edits to make sure this problem doesn't affect you. If you notice any other issues with your request that I've missed when I upload it, feel free to tell me and I'll try and fix it.

Wow, that final note ended up longer than you'd think huh. Anyway, boom, requests list! You'll note one already, despite that I'm literally just posting this now with no requests. That is, free of charge, the Gold/Silver/Bronze AE Phase I Seen in the previews, for any of you fellows like myself who steeled your nerves and grinded through all those Frontline games. I understand it is a bit limited, but I still feel happy about my choice.

Requests and Downloads

EDIT: Reminder how to install. Once downloaded, open the zip with WinRAR/7zip/whatever and extract the vehicles folder inside of the named folder and extract it to res_mods -> (patch folder). The file path should look like:

res_mods -> (patch folder) -> vehicles -> (nation) -> (tank folder)

If there are issues, make sure the file path is correct first. If there are still issues while the path is correct, make sure to ask me and I'll try and sort it out, though there should be no such issues. Also, updates should not affect the skin unless there are changes to that vehicle.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, Yesterday, 10:30 PM.

Mr_Burrows #2 Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49502 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

Merry Christmas! At the moment I have no request, but I just wanted to say that you do excellent work and I do believe that I speak for the community when I say that we all love that you put time and effort into this yet again! 

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 01 December 2019 - 08:28 PM.

Jamadeus #3 Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [LOC-A] LOC-A

Dear Santa Pansy,

This year I have been a very good boy. I have participated in all the marathons, played in clan wars and bought some premium account. I tried to grind Fronlines but ran out of time although I did get a commander from the racing game. However I must admit to playing my CGC on occaision in ranked. For this I am truly sorry and will try to play lessarty next year.

For Christmas, please may I have a silver skin for my T54E1 because I am climbing towards the dizzy heights of the T57 for which I got a fancy skin for in last years event.

I hope your reindeer won't be overloaded delivering all the lootboxes we will buy this Christmas.

Festive Greetings

From Jamadeus

PS Thanks for all your work skinning our tanks.

Edited for grammar and spelling

Edited by Jamadeus, 01 December 2019 - 10:01 PM.

undutchable80 #4 Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 12506 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It's the countdown to Christmas with you doing this again mate! So excited!

Hmm, what to ask for... Could troll some people and ask for a golden Type 59. Or a pink Excalibur, since I named mine "warpig" (too bad we cant actually name them). Could also finally get a Pink Panther... :P Or, a ninja-black Strv S1 would be cool too. 

But, in the end, given that it's somewhat of a Dinger mascot, I will go with a golden KV-4 pls! :B

19:39 Added after 0 minute

View PostMr_Burrows, on 01 December 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

Merry Christmas! At the moment I have no request, but I just wanted to say that you do excellent work and I do believe that I speak for the community when I say that we all love that you put time and effort into this yet again! 

+100

Dava_117 #5 Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:50 PM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

OMG! It's that moment of the year again! :medal:

This year I would like to ask, if possible, a Titanium black ST-1 skin.

If it became too hard, a golden E100 will be a good replacement. :)

As always, thank you! You're the best!

Desyatnik_Pansy #6 Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:51 PM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postundutchable80, on 01 December 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

But, in the end, given that it's somewhat of a Dinger mascot, I will go with a golden KV-4 pls! :B

There was a request for the same from last year, and I still have the files, though I have not tested that they work (logically, there is no reason they shouldn't). If it appears to work just fine (I'll check later in the night when I'm not playing). If it turns out that it's working, or just because it's very easy for me to update, I'd actually offer you to pick another tank free of charge. :coin:

Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33576 battles
Bulldog was not a good man,
And no good friends had he.
He stayed in every afternoon...
But no one came to tea.
And, round about December,
The cards upon his shelf
Which wished him lots of Christmas cheer,
And fortune in the coming year,
Were never from his near and dear,
But only from himself.

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:27 PM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 01 December 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

There was a request for the same from last year, and I still have the files, though I have not tested that they work (logically, there is no reason they shouldn't). If it appears to work just fine (I'll check later in the night when I'm not playing). If it turns out that it's working, or just because it's very easy for me to update, I'd actually offer you to pick another tank free of charge. :coin:

Yes, the KV-4 Files still appear to work fine from previewing it in garage and in a replay. It could; very unlikely tho; still crash if it's you in the KV-4 Or something like dying, but I see no reason that that should be the case, so I'll reupload that and you can pick another tank.

BUT. Checking the KV-4 Actually made me notice an issue. See, the AO.dds controls the camo mask. In my original (2016) special, I edited this out, but with the last few I haven't because camos weren't being shown anyway. However, thanks to the random guy in the replay having a certain style on, I realised that some of them actually still apply over the skin as a result. Logically editing the AO Will fix this, though I haven't tried and will do later tonight, but yeah. Thanks random KV-4 Driver! :teethhappy:

Spoiler

For a better example of what I mean btw, here's the AEP, so I'll need to fix that and reupload it too. Notice how you can't see the camo at all on the first style, but can on the rest:

Spoiler

It could be something to do with modifications (aka "Effects" under the custom style option), that even editing out the AO Might not fix, which'll be a damn shame. However, I'll do what I can to resolve it.

Dava_117 #9 Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:38 AM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Race cammo style on a KV-4. That player surely has sense of humour! :D

Desyatnik_Pansy #10 Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:42 AM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 01 December 2019 - 10:27 PM, said:

Yes, the KV-4 Files still appear to work fine from previewing it in garage and in a replay. It could; very unlikely tho; still crash if it's you in the KV-4 Or something like dying, but I see no reason that that should be the case, so I'll reupload that and you can pick another tank.

BUT. Checking the KV-4 Actually made me notice an issue. See, the AO.dds controls the camo mask. In my original (2016) special, I edited this out, but with the last few I haven't because camos weren't being shown anyway. However, thanks to the random guy in the replay having a certain style on, I realised that some of them actually still apply over the skin as a result. Logically editing the AO Will fix this, though I haven't tried and will do later tonight, but yeah. Thanks random KV-4 Driver! :teethhappy:

Spoiler

For a better example of what I mean btw, here's the AEP, so I'll need to fix that and reupload it too. Notice how you can't see the camo at all on the first style, but can on the rest:

Spoiler

It could be something to do with modifications (aka "Effects" under the custom style option), that even editing out the AO Might not fix, which'll be a damn shame. However, I'll do what I can to resolve it.

Ok, so with a little bit of experimenting, yeah I can't fix this. That's worded incorrectly. It's impossible for me to fix this AFAIK, in a way that doesn't mess up other stuff. Lemme explain:

-the issue is called through modifications, or the "Effects" I mentioned. Any style that uses such modifications overlays on top of the skin regardless of edits to the AO

-to edit the modifications, I either edit the modifications.xml or the styles.xml themselves. However, that's a load of work effectively for skins alone, not to mention updating them or even just uploading them for people to use

-on top of this, "fixing" the styles by editing or removing the modifications will mean yes, those styles will no longer overlay the skins. However, it means the styles themselves applied to a tank without a Christmas skin may end up looking silly as a result

As such, unfortunately, I'll just keep doing it as I do. You can evidently check styles in-game yourself on a skinned tank to see if there's an issue, and just not use those styles. It does mean other players using them though will look silly, but I just can't do anything about that.

NOW With that out of the way and a bit better news, last year's Golden KV-4 Skin has been added to the OP (remember Dutch, you can give me another request since that one was just a simple update) and I'll be getting to work on the first few shortly.

Desyatnik_Pansy #11 Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:42 AM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

And, weirdly, I've actually went and done all of the current requests tonight. That's a weird feeling. :teethhappy:

So yeah, Jamadeus' Silver T54E1, Dava's Titanium Black ST-I and xx984's Damascus Steel VK 75.01 (K) Added to the OP and PMs sent. You can see previews below:

Spoiler

And some bonus ones for the ST-I and VK K since I felt they'd be appreciated:

Spoiler

Lemme know if there's any issues as always! :honoring:

Sir_Grzegorz #12 Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5819 battles

Ok, that could sound weird but I am in love with blue color.

So I would like a blue Type-5 (light blue, but does not really matter how bluish the blue is).

As a red tomato statwise I can at least have a blue tank, can I?

Dava_117 #13 Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:36 AM

Major General

• 23008 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Beautiful Pansy! That ST-1 on the snow picture is fantastic. Can't wait to install both Golden KV-4 and Titanium Black ST-1 skins! :)

I'm happy as a child with a new toys. :child:

PauI #14 Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31902 battles
  • [ROLS] ROLS

Happy holidays Desyatnik_Pansy, can you make a skin for EBR 75 premium, desert camo skin "to cover" the game camos, also if your time allows it can you please help me replace the gun sound on ebr75 premium with the one from ebr90 that sounds a lot better

many thanks

LincolnTank #15 Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11176 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I would love an electric blue skin to use on the T2 Light tank I have pumpkin head and the wierdos in

Edited by LincolnTank, 02 December 2019 - 05:01 PM.

wsatnutter #16 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:16 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26509 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
anything sprouts and pigs in blankets please

The_Naa #17 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9451 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

a Blood Red WZ-120 would be super cool. :rolleyes:

is that an OK request? :hiding:

ThorgrimBrenadim #18 Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34443 battles

Hello Pansy

Not sure if I have been good or not but I love my "sh*tbarn" and it has not received any love this year in fact it got put in the naughty corner and given life long detentions. It feels so unloved and is not feeling well, so moves so slowly now due to depression from all the nerfing.

It would surely love a shiny bright silver re-paint which hopefully would blind those who want to end it short life to well under 15 minutes a time. It has so many large flat surfaces no curves no sleek lines to show off to all the lady tanks just a flat surfaced box stuck on top that those bully's love to hit and poke fun/holes through.

Thankyou so much :)

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30766 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G
I'd like Leopard print camo for my Leopard please... just like the underpants. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #20 Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

Bartender

• 18395 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSir_Grzegorz, on 02 December 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

Ok, that could sound weird but I am in love with blue color.

So I would like a blue Type-5 (light blue, but does not really matter how bluish the blue is).

As a red tomato statwise I can at least have a blue tank, can I?

View PostLincolnTank, on 02 December 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

I would love an electric blue skin to use on the T2 Light tank I have pumpkin head and the wierdos in

View PostThe_Naa, on 02 December 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

a Blood Red WZ-120 would be super cool. :rolleyes:

is that an OK request? :hiding:

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 02 December 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

Hello Pansy

Not sure if I have been good or not but I love my "sh*tbarn" and it has not received any love this year in fact it got put in the naughty corner and given life long detentions. It feels so unloved and is not feeling well, so moves so slowly now due to depression from all the nerfing.

It would surely love a shiny bright silver re-paint which hopefully would blind those who want to end it short life to well under 15 minutes a time. It has so many large flat surfaces no curves no sleek lines to show off to all the lady tanks just a flat surfaced box stuck on top that those bully's love to hit and poke fun/holes through.

Thankyou so much :)

Added to the OP.

View PostPauI, on 02 December 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

Happy holidays Desyatnik_Pansy, can you make a skin for EBR 75 premium, desert camo skin "to cover" the game camos

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 December 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

I'd like Leopard print camo for my Leopard please... just like the underpants. 

A reminder that I prefer to aim for solid recolours rather than a pattern. To illustrate why, I took the British LRDG Camo dds (below) and applied it over the AEP (only hull + turret), to show you how the tiling works. It turned out better than I was expecting for this tank, but the textures aren't of course always similar between tanks and a lot of them will be quite varied. Even with the AEP, you'll note a lot where it doesn't line up at all.

Spoiler

So yeah. I can never guarantee the quality of the tiling, so I'd prefer to avoid doing it in general. Now, if you still want the request regardless (and I assume it's still shiny? I dunno, didn't specify it but I'm auto-assuming every request = make it shiny unless stated otherwise), I could do it. Also, you're gonna have to define which Leopard Tungsten, there's like 3, 5 If you want to go a bit crazy (Standard B Is a Leopard prototype and the Swedish Leo :trollface:).

View PostPauI, on 02 December 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

also if your time allows it can you please help me replace the gun sound on ebr75 premium with the one from ebr90 that sounds a lot better

I have never edited gun sounds in my time as a modder at all, so I couldn't do anything. Your best bet is someone like Zorgane or _Shimada_Arisu_ to help you out with that.

Also tagged with pansy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users