First Week of Festivities Special

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:00 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Let's kick the last month of the year off with new missions!

The full text of the news item

VarzA #2 Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:06 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27219 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
Nice rewards, really.

TheArk_2014 #3 Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 67931 battles
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_

Rewards just for playing the game? ... Very good.

:great:

Scanmen #4 Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25540 battles
  • [WNB] WNB

Cerberus91 #5 Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4794 battles

WG on Tank Rewards: "We've already had plenty of tough battles throughout 2019 and now it's time to relax near the fireplace with some simple yet rewarding missions"
WG on a simultaneous event: 10x top 3 requirement

Either these two are done by separate teams or the event planners have a memory span of a goldfish to forget the theme set by the first announced event and ignore the prevailing outrage from demanding missions that was most visible last in the Great Race event.

Oh well, could be worse, could require a victory too :mellow:

laceleste #6 Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47505 battles

Great stuff!

So now there are several events running simultaneously earning all kinds of goodies just by playing the game.

There is this First Week of Festivities Special, the More End-Of-The-Year Gifts with Tank Rewards, the Renegade marathon and the week end specials.

Sweet baby!

_Punishe3r_ #7 Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10080 battles

View PostCerberus91, on 02 December 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

WG on Tank Rewards: "We've already had plenty of tough battles throughout 2019 and now it's time to relax near the fireplace with some simple yet rewarding missions"

Either these two are done by separate teams or the event planners have a memory span of a goldfish to forget the theme set by the first announced event and ignore the prevailing outrage from demanding missions that was most visible last in the Great Race event.

It doesnt say you have to win ..just be top 3

If for some is that hard to be top 3 then you dont deserve the rewards in the first plays. People always wants stuff  without puting effort in something just like with the Super hellcat. 

Simona2k #8 Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2679 battles
  • [GGLT] GGLT
Nice

Edited by Simona2k, 02 December 2019 - 12:26 PM.

Cerberus91 #9 Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4794 battles

View Post_Punishe3r_, on 02 December 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

It doesnt say you have to win ..just be top 3

If for some is that hard to be top 3 then you dont deserve the rewards in the first plays. People always wants stuff  without puting effort in something just like with the Super hellcat. 

Events and rewards is what keeps some people playing at all. I'm one such person. Your first sentence is useless, I never made that claim. I said it could be worse, giving that as example. Spare me your strawman.

Top 3 can be time-demanding for some playstyles. You're not the judge of who deserves what and events are meant to reward playing and be accessible, not to split a chasm between people that don't have the time to commit and nolifers. 

Edited by Cerberus91, 02 December 2019 - 12:49 PM.

iKnewIT #10 Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 79631 battles

In the times of minimarathon?

Easy. :P

ShamSHER_1 #11 Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1100 battles

i wanted to know that what are the tokens for ???? like i have a lot of them but dont know where in the game they are saved and also i dont know what to do with them.

can some body please answer me where can i find them in the game and what to do with them ????

Sael_ #12 Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:07 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 1053 battles

View PostCerberus91, on 02 December 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

Events and rewards is what keeps some people playing at all. I'm one such person. Your first sentence is useless, I never made that claim. I said it could be worse, giving that as example. Spare me your strawman.

Top 3 can be time-demanding for some playstyles. You're not the judge of who deserves what and events are meant to reward playing and be accessible, not to split a chasm between people that don't have the time to commit and nolifers. 

Tank Rewards - I'd be happy to have a lot! ;)

View PostCerberus91, on 02 December 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

events are meant to reward playing and be accessible, not to split a chasm between people that don't have the time to commit and nolifers.

Well unfortunately not all different play-styles are compatible and the content that is going to be interesting and challenging for a part of the player-base can at times be a turn-off for another part. A ton of content, specials events and missions, is going to be appealing to all or most of the players, but it is not realistic to expect for all challenges to fit the taste of all the players 100% of the time. :)

Innocent_civilian_ #13 Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:31 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44416 battles
  • [RIGA] RIGA

View PostCerberus91, on 02 December 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

ohh mate, this page is not a place where u find a truth, there is only 2-3 people who ALWAYS happy with ANY wg "ŗewards" - like persons who has 2k battles and 1k comments like nice, coll etc, but in one case they are right, you (or me)  just  get the stuff for free. U will spent more than u get, but its still small compensation. gl&hf

09:36 Added after 4 minute

View PostShamSHER_1, on 02 December 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

i wanted to know that what are the tokens for ???? like i have a lot of them but dont know where in the game they are saved and also i dont know what to do with them.

can some body please answer me where can i find them in the game and what to do with them ????

the same - getting tokens for something, that will be in future or already gone  - just get tokens to get tokens or what, is that really hard for wg to add a descriptions to those tokens?????

NBG45 #14 Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11041 battles
  • [CE_L] CE_L

What are you in WG trying to accomplish with these requests?

If you have put these missions on sale,so that i don't have to waste any effort,maybe i would consider buying it..

Vitezpomijar #15 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43422 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S
This misions not even desevred to call them Special misions.

Cerberus91 #16 Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4794 battles

View PostSael_, on 02 December 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

Tank Rewards - I'd be happy to have a lot! ;)

One accessible event doesn't level the gap between people with different amount of available time, let alone f2p and paying players.

View PostSael_, on 02 December 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

Well unfortunately not all different play-styles are compatible and the content that is going to be interesting and challenging for a part of the player-base can at times be a turn-off for another part. A ton of content, specials events and missions, is going to be appealing to all or most of the players, but it is not realistic to expect for all challenges to fit the taste of all the players 100% of the time. :)

Nothing stopping WG from offering purely cosmetic items for challenges.

Benefits from events are a zero-sum game, so the benefits to a group of players that just like challenges because they have nothing better to do is a cost to anyone not getting rewarded - the later compete with worse consumables and ammo, while the former enjoy this advantage. Harder life for casuals leads to more toxicity, less commitment and when it becomes too obnoxious- leaving. That was my case years ago.

WG seems to treat challenging missions as a Pareto improvement. In a closed system (zero-sum game) any improvement comes at a cost. I hope Game Theory is sufficient in making this clear. 

View PostInnocent_civilian_, on 03 December 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

ohh mate, this page is not a place where u find a truth, there is only 2-3 people who ALWAYS happy with ANY wg "ŗewards" - like persons who has 2k battles and 1k comments like nice, coll etc, but in one case they are right, you (or me)  just  get the stuff for free. U will spent more than u get, but its still small compensation. gl&hf

Please notice the above described zero-sum game. It's not "meh, free stuff or no loss, no bigge", but a power creep in more dimensions than only tanks.

Edited by Cerberus91, 04 December 2019 - 03:49 AM.

Echotun #17 Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22586 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View PostCerberus91, on 04 December 2019 - 03:37 AM, said:

One accessible event doesn't level the gap between people with different amount of available time, let alone f2p and paying players.

Nothing stopping WG from offering purely cosmetic items for challenges.

Benefits from events are a zero-sum game, so the benefits to a group of players that just like challenges because they have nothing better to do is a cost to anyone not getting rewarded - the later compete with worse consumables and ammo, while the former enjoy this advantage. Harder life for casuals leads to more toxicity, less commitment and when it becomes too obnoxious- leaving. That was my case years ago.

WG seems to treat challenging missions as a Pareto improvement. In a closed system (zero-sum game) any improvement comes at a cost. I hope Game Theory is sufficient in making this clear. 

Please notice the above described zero-sum game. It's not "meh, free stuff or no loss, no bigge", but a power creep in more dimensions than only tanks.

lol

Jacob_Antoine #18 Posted Yesterday, 07:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 437 battles
What are the "Week of Festivities" tokens used for? I know that the "Tank Reward" tokens that you can acquire each day can be cashed out at https://tankrewards.eu/, but where do I cash out the "Week of Festivities" tokens?

Miepie #19 Posted Yesterday, 08:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4682 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJacob_Antoine, on 05 December 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

What are the "Week of Festivities" tokens used for? I know that the "Tank Reward" tokens that you can acquire each day can be cashed out at https://tankrewards.eu/, but where do I cash out the "Week of Festivities" tokens?

You don't;  the token is just a way for the game to track your progress in the Week of Festivities missions. "Must have Token 1 to start Mission 2"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users