Jump to content


Cupola hits from 150m away - depends on aiming or on RNG ?


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:12 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31730 battles
  • 3,413
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

I have played tens of thousands of battles now, and I see how enemies shoot my cupola form 150, 200m away.

 

I have tried doing the same, also using super-precise guns like the Leopard I's.

Even fully aimed at a stationary target, I rarely hit it.

 

Everything in my experience screams of cupola hits depending more on RNG (i.e. WG fukcing me over) than on aiming.

 

What's your impression?



jabster #2 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12761 battles
  • 26,277
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 02 December 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

I have played tens of thousands of battles now, and I see how enemies shoot my cupola form 150, 200m away.

 

I have tried doing the same, also using super-precise guns like the Leopard I's.

Even fully aimed at a stationary target, I rarely hit it.

 

Everything in my experience screams of cupola hits depending more on RNG (i.e. WG fukcing me over) than on aiming.

 

What's your impression?


WG are picking on you.



Argedeava #3 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39885 battles
  • 680
  • [SKUT] SKUT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 02 December 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

I have played tens of thousands of battles now, and I see how enemies shoot my cupola form 150, 200m away.

 

I have tried doing the same, also using super-precise guns like the Leopard I's.

Even fully aimed at a stationary target, I rarely hit it.

 

Everything in my experience screams of cupola hits depending more on RNG (i.e. WG fukcing me over) than on aiming.

 

What's your impression?


You have to try without beying in sniper mode and see the difference. If you light the red contour shoot.

But best results are with aimbot.



wEight_Tanker #4 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11539 battles
  • 1,365
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016
Depends on both, frankly.

TomatoShooter #5 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1116 battles
  • 242
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

View PostArgedeava, on 02 December 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:


You have to try without beying in sniper mode and see the difference. If you light the red contour shoot.

But best results are with aimbot.

Lol, aimbot cannot influence dispersion. 

 

If your aim is good you will hit where you aim every X shots (RNG decides) but although this is not a fast FPS like CoD there are things that can influence your aim e.g. the hardware you use (mouse, mousepad) some settings like dpi and last but not least, how steady is your hand? (e.g. when you press fire you might accidentally move your mouse a bit).


Edited by TomatoShooter, 02 December 2019 - 02:36 PM.


HassenderZerhacker #6 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:44 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31730 battles
  • 3,413
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostArgedeava, on 02 December 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:


You have to try without beying in sniper mode and see the difference. If you light the red contour shoot.

But best results are with aimbot.

 

how do you want me to hit a cupola while not in sniper mode??

 

13:45 Added after 1 minute

View PostTomatoShooter, on 02 December 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

Lol, aimbot cannot influence dispersion. 

 

If your aim is good you will hit where you aim every X shots (RNG decides) but although this is not a fast FPS like CoD there are things that can influence your aim e.g. the hardware you use (mouse, mousepad) some settings like dpi and last but not least, how steady is your hand? (e.g. when you press fire you might accidentally move your mouse a bit).

 

you didn't understand my post, apparently. firing at stationary targets, fully aimed in, mouse doesn't move



TomatoShooter #7 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:50 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1116 battles
  • 242
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 02 December 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

you didn't understand my post, apparently. firing at stationary targets, fully aimed in, mouse doesn't move

Then you didn't understand my post apparently maybe you have a very sensitive mouse that picks up a micro movement when you press fire causing more misses then you expect. Or 100 other possibilities why your shots don't land where you aim which are not game related.

 



Argedeava #8 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39885 battles
  • 680
  • [SKUT] SKUT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

View PostTomatoShooter, on 02 December 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

Lol, aimbot cannot influence dispersion. 

 

If your aim is good you will hit where you aim every X shots (RNG decides) but although this is not a fast FPS like CoD there are things that can influence your aim e.g. the hardware you use (mouse, mousepad) some settings like dpi and last but not least, how steady is your hand? (e.g. when you press fire you might accidentally move your mouse a bit).


Dispersion is a hoax.



HassenderZerhacker #9 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:51 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31730 battles
  • 3,413
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostTomatoShooter, on 02 December 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

Then you didn't understand my post apparently maybe you have a very sensitive mouse that picks up a micro movement when you press fire causing more misses then you expect. Or 100 other possibilities why your shots don't land where you aim which are not game related.

 

 

ok, it's not the mouse, but I'm interested in the 100 other possibilities, please list them.



TomatoShooter #10 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:57 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1116 battles
  • 242
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 02 December 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

 

ok, it's not the mouse, but I'm interested in the 100 other possibilities, please list them.

1) Wrong dpi settings

2) Low fps

3) Potato PC

4) Parkinson

5) You only have on eye.

6) You aim is not so good as you think.

7) ok 100 was maybe to much.

 

But hey, if its fully aimed on a stationary target it won't be hard to upload a replay to wotreplays.eu so we all can see you have bad RNG on fully aimed cupola shots on stationary targets @ 150m away. 

 

View PostArgedeava, on 02 December 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

Dispersion is a hoax.

Because? 

 

 



Argedeava #11 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39885 battles
  • 680
  • [SKUT] SKUT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 02 December 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

 

how do you want me to hit a cupola while not in sniper mode??

 

Just point at a tank at a distance in arcade mode. When it lights up the red contour shoot. I shoot soviet heavies in hulldown this way. I really can`t explain how, except they`re just using a simplified method to "calculate" shoots at a distance in arcade mode. Like 11% succes rate.



HassenderZerhacker #12 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:13 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31730 battles
  • 3,413
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostArgedeava, on 02 December 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

Just point at a tank at a distance in arcade mode. When it lights up the red contour shoot. I shoot soviet heavies in hulldown this way. I really can`t explain how, except they`re just using a simplified method to "calculate" shoots at a distance in arcade mode. Like 11% succes rate.

 

do you mean tanks that are behind a ridge?

so you shoot over the ridge and hit them?

14:17 Added after 3 minute

View PostTomatoShooter, on 02 December 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

1) Wrong dpi settings

2) Low fps

3) Potato PC

4) Parkinson

5) You only have on eye.

6) You aim is not so good as you think.

7) ok 100 was maybe to much.

 

But hey, if its fully aimed on a stationary target it won't be hard to upload a replay to wotreplays.eu so we all can see you have bad RNG on fully aimed cupola shots on stationary targets @ 150m away. 

 

Because?

 

ok, I'm interested in the DPI settings - please explain that one to me. what are correct dPI settings, how do I check mine and how can I change them if they are wrong?

 

FPS - 100

Potato PC - nope, definitely not, 4Ghz i7, GTX980

Parkinson - maybe a little, jk.

One eye - system check - visual, check. stereoscopic vision systems online and working.

Aim not good - hmm. aiming at the middle of the cupola. nothing moves. I didn't account for the wind though.

 



shikaka9 #13 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 72145 battles
  • 1,306
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
I vote RNG

Stevies_Team #14 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14798 battles
  • 1,618
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

RNG

 

Once the RNG decides its a hit or miss it will banana shot into where the RNG sez it landed

 

The ones I really hate are  the potato patch in front of the tank when you're perfectly aimed



TomatoShooter #15 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:31 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1116 battles
  • 242
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 02 December 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

ok, I'm interested in the DPI settings - please explain that one to me. what are correct dPI settings, how do I check mine and how can I change them if they are wrong?

https://www.eliteownage.com/mouseguide.html

 

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 02 December 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

FPS - 100

Potato PC - nope, definitely not, 4Ghz i7, GTX980

Parkinson - maybe a little, jk.

One eye - system check - visual, check. stereoscopic vision systems online and working.

Aim not good - hmm. aiming at the middle of the cupola. nothing moves. I didn't account for the wind though.

http://wotreplays.eu/



TungstenHitman #16 Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:02 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 30766 battles
  • 6,065
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016
I like it when I've made a terrible shot and clearly missed the target by a country mile but then the game decides it's actually a great shot instead and it lands perfectly for a high roll. :D

Edited by TungstenHitman, 02 December 2019 - 04:02 PM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:04 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34502 battles
  • 4,861
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
How are you determining how many times they shoot at your cupola before they actually hit? For all you know he's firing 20 shots before he hits 1, you can't tell. 

Homer_J #18 Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32930 battles
  • 36,128
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 02 December 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

I have played tens of thousands of battles now, and I see how enemies shoot my cupola form 150, 200m away.

 

But you don't notice the ten that miss.



TungstenHitman #19 Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 30766 battles
  • 6,065
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 02 December 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

How are you determining how many times they shoot at your cupola before they actually hit? For all you know he's firing 20 shots before he hits 1, you can't tell. 

 

There is the odd battle where I would have been in a perfectly hull down position with a 430 or something, and a noob in his fast french heavy tank breaks cover for the first time and spots me for the first time, totally unawares of my position and would have never shot at me prior. I miss my shot with the perfect lead on it that was already semi-pre-aimed in that direction so not much dispersion from my non-moving tank etc while he, at full speed driving across me at range, and while swinging his turret, and with a dispersion bloom the size of Neptune, perfectly hits my 1 pixel of cupola. Tbh I just laugh and break a keyboard.(I don't break my keyboard, I break a kit-kat and cry). These things are "game says no" and "game says yes" moments, so what everrrrrrrrrrr.


Edited by TungstenHitman, 02 December 2019 - 04:12 PM.


Dava_117 #20 Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:13 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23008 battles
  • 5,468
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 02 December 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

I have played tens of thousands of battles now, and I see how enemies shoot my cupola form 150, 200m away.

 

I have tried doing the same, also using super-precise guns like the Leopard I's.

Even fully aimed at a stationary target, I rarely hit it.

 

Everything in my experience screams of cupola hits depending more on RNG (i.e. WG fukcing me over) than on aiming.

 

What's your impression?

 

It depends on both. Aiming correctly maximize your chance to hit, same goes for gun accuracy. Both factor reduce RNG influence.

But then RNG is what, in the end, says if you hit or not. I had games in wich every single shell landed where I aimed, and games in wich the gun simply says no, and you can't hit a barn from point blank. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users