Jump to content


How is this fair? Discrimination in way XP is awarded?


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Tankistu #1 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31186 battles
  • 637
  • [BOSII] BOSII
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

Something caught my eye today.

 

I did well in a battle but narrowly missed the 10th place that would have given me the XP for the marathon.

 

So I lost 699 XP just because I fell short of a few XP points.

 

So I looked at those that managed to get just ahead of me and were given their full XP.

 

So here's the interesting part.

 

My results in T110E3:

9 shots, 8 direct hits, 6 penetrations.

4,540 dmg, all from 300+ metres

dmg blocked: 2,880 (6 shots blocked)

vehicles damaged: 6

dmg with my assistance: 190

XP: 699

 

Guy in Strv 103-0:

8 shots, 7 direct hits, 6 penetration

total damage: 2,168

dmg blocked: 0

dmg with his assistance: 0

vehicles damaged 4; vehicles destroyed 2

XP: 717

 

But my winrate is 50.2%. His is 52%. So he is given full XP for the marathon, I lose 699...

 

Don't get me started on the guy in AEPhase1. He did 511 damage, blocked 250 and did 739 assisted... He got 717 XP. His winrate: 54%.

 

So are players with high winrates given preferential treatment in this marathon? How are these results explainable or fair?

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   1a.jpg   669.56K
  • Attached File   2a.jpg   669.42K


mmm_lawara #2 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:17 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21065 battles
  • 401
  • [D---T] D---T
  • Member since:
    11-25-2015
Welcome to wg same as with tier fights some acc almost always in top and getting winrate someone is 90% in bot ;) deal with it 

Ch1valry #3 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:18 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40687 battles
  • 216
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011
Gotta steal more kills.

HassenderZerhacker #4 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:19 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31740 battles
  • 3,413
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostTankistu, on 02 December 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

Something caught my eye today.

 

I did well in a battle but narrowly missed the 10th place that would have given me the XP for the marathon.

 

So I lost 699 XP just because I fell short of a few XP points.

 

So I looked at those that managed to get just ahead of me and were given their full XP.

 

So here's the interesting part.

 

My results in T110E3:

9 shots, 8 direct hits, 6 penetrations.

4,540 dmg, all from 300+ metres

dmg blocked: 2,880 (6 shots blocked)

vehicles damaged: 6

dmg with my assistance: 190

XP: 699

 

Guy in Strv 103-0:

8 shots, 7 direct hits, 6 penetration

total damage: 2,168

dmg blocked: 0

dmg with his assistance: 0

vehicles damaged 4; vehicles destroyed 2

XP: 717

 

But my winrate is 50.2%. His is 52%. So he is given full XP for the marathon, I lose 699...

 

Don't get me started on the guy in AEPhase1. He did 511 damage, blocked 250 and did 739 assisted... He got 717 XP. His winrate: 54%.

 

So are players with high winrates given preferential treatment in this marathon? How are these results explainable or fair?

 

 

you will laugh... (or not) the game awards some XP for driving around...

 

but yes, you are right, the XP calculations don't make much sense.

 

On the other hand, maybe they implemented my suggestion to make kill shots count like full damage shots for XP. that would explain some


Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 02 December 2019 - 02:20 PM.


CmdRatScabies #5 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:20 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 5,391
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015
I'd assume he was spotting his own targets and you weren't.  It's one game so who cares.

TheDrownedApe #6 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:28 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 50386 battles
  • 6,506
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
yes we are. It's a case of we helped our team more therefore we get better perks

Tankistu #7 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31186 battles
  • 637
  • [BOSII] BOSII
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 02 December 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

I'd assume he was spotting his own targets and you weren't.  It's one game so who cares.


He didn't spot any vehicles, check the attached pics.

It's one game that I bothered to check after it ended. Who knows how many like this I've had during the marathon.

But overall you're right, who cares.



CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:37 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 5,391
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostTankistu, on 02 December 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:


He didn't spot any vehicles, check the attached pics.

It's one game that I bothered to check after it ended. Who knows how many like this I've had during the marathon.

But overall you're right, who cares.

He doesn't have to have spotted them to be spotting his own damage.



Solstad1069 #9 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:43 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 45158 battles
  • 3,647
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 02 December 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

 

Strv 103-0

 

You compare your results with a tier 9 tank, if he hits tier 10 tanks, he gets more xp.
But i do agree the XP calculations looks off sometimes.


Edited by Solstad1069, 02 December 2019 - 02:44 PM.


Balc0ra #10 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74420 battles
  • 21,300
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostTankistu, on 02 December 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

But my winrate is 50.2%. His is 52%. So he is given full XP for the marathon, I lose 699...

 

Usually, people moan about that the other way around.

 

View PostTankistu, on 02 December 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:


He didn't spot any vehicles, check the attached pics.

It's one game that I bothered to check after it ended. Who knows how many like this I've had during the marathon.

But overall you're right, who cares.

 

Because XP is not given based on damage alone, or who did the most. It's how you do that damage that counts

 

And it doesn't matter if he did not get any listed first spots, as that's not an indicator of him doing damage on other's assist or not. As you only get rewarded for spotting it first, not keeping it spotted. If he did most of his damage on his own spotting, and mostly hit tier Xs. And you did all your damage on other's assist and mostly vs lower tiers. You have to work way harder to get the same XP as him. As that's the drawback of being top tier TD in a support role.

 

 



HassenderZerhacker #11 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:53 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 31740 battles
  • 3,413
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 December 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

 

Usually, people moan about that the other way around.

 

 

Because XP is not given based on damage alone, or who did the most. It's how you do that damage that counts

 

And it doesn't matter if he did not get any listed first spots, as that's not an indicator of him doing damage on other's assist or not. As you only get rewarded for spotting it first, not keeping it spotted. If he did most of his damage on his own spotting, and mostly hit tier Xs. And you did all your damage on other's assist and mostly vs lower tiers. You have to work way harder to get the same XP as him. As that's the drawback of being top tier TD in a support role.

 

 

 

except... there were no lower tiers.



Tankistu #12 Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31186 battles
  • 637
  • [BOSII] BOSII
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View PostSolstad1069, on 02 December 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

 

You compare your results with a tier 9 tank, if he hits tier 10 tanks, he gets more xp.
But i do agree the XP calculations looks off sometimes.

 

That was my first thought too, but I hit tier 10s too that game, I also blocked several shots from tier 10s.

 

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 December 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

 

And it doesn't matter if he did not get any listed first spots, as that's not an indicator of him doing damage on other's assist or not. As you only get rewarded for spotting it first, not keeping it spotted. If he did most of his damage on his own spotting, and mostly hit tier Xs. And you did all your damage on other's assist and mostly vs lower tiers. You have to work way harder to get the same XP as him. As that's the drawback of being top tier TD in a support role.

 

 

 

So doing double my hitpoints in damage blocked and damage dished out in a slow moving tank who can't do much else is not enough to best a tier 9 who did less damage?

I doubt he spotted or kept anything in spot, we were both side by side and offering support from behind, our allied tanks were brawling with the enemy. They (our allies) were keeping them spotted the whole time. 



jabster #13 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • 26,286
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTankistu, on 02 December 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

 

That was my first thought too, but I hit tier 10s too that game, I also blocked several shots from tier 10s.

 

 

So doing double my hitpoints in damage blocked and damage dished out in a slow moving tank who can't do much else is not enough to best a tier 9 who did less damage?

I doubt he spotted or kept anything in spot, we were both side by side and offering support from behind, our allied tanks were brawling with the enemy. They (our allies) were keeping them spotted the whole time. 

 

You have the replay I presume?



CmdRatScabies #14 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:04 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 5,391
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 02 December 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

 

except... there were no lower tiers.

He was Tier 10 - the Tier 9s are lower tiers.  Being as STRV it's possible he say back and shot a few at the end spotting for himself.


Edited by CmdRatScabies, 02 December 2019 - 03:05 PM.


Tankistu #15 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31186 battles
  • 637
  • [BOSII] BOSII
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View Postjabster, on 02 December 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

 

You have the replay I presume?


No, I disabled replays when I started the marathon. 

We were on Serene Coast, south side, TD sniper's corner. He was just a few meters to my right. Allied heavies were brawling with the enemy heavies up front.



jabster #16 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • 26,286
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTankistu, on 02 December 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:


No, I disabled replays when I started the marathon. 

We were on Serene Coast, south side, TD sniper's corner. He was just a few meters to my right. Allied heavies were brawling with the enemy heavies up front.

 

Oh well, no one can really help you then.



Tankistu #17 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:12 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31186 battles
  • 637
  • [BOSII] BOSII
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View Postjabster, on 02 December 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

 

Oh well, no one can really help you then.

 

Nobody could have anyway. Unless you know of a way to tell from a replay which tank keeps which tank spotted in the context I mentioned (all targets brawling at close quarters with the heavies you support).



jabster #18 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • 26,286
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTankistu, on 02 December 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

 

Nobody could have anyway. Unless you know of a way to tell from a replay which tank keeps which tank spotted in the context I mentioned (all targets brawling at close quarters with the heavies you support).

 

So why bother posting about it then but hey no poster has even misrepresented what actually happened in a battle have they?



Tankistu #19 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31186 battles
  • 637
  • [BOSII] BOSII
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View Postjabster, on 02 December 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

 

So why bother posting about it then but hey no poster has even misrepresented what actually happened in a battle have they?


Because the figures don't add up in my view.

Why are you bothered that I bothered to post?

Also, I posted the data, how am I misrepresenting things? "Keeping tanks spotted" is not a post-battle parameter, also not something you can see in a replay either. You're just trying to shut me up/discredit me.



TungstenHitman #20 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:19 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 30786 battles
  • 6,084
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

I'd be more concerned about how those bottom two Bobs that managed 369 dmg with a T30 and the other not much better are deemed to be worth only 100xp less than you who did 4.5+k dmg. Makes no sense at all. The highest dmg dealer on the team, regardless of spotting his own targets or not, should not be 3rd or 4th last down the pecking order.... really strange that, not sure I encountered it before. "But he was top tier and not spotting" ya but still... he's head an shoulders clear of most his teammates for damage contribution. That's surely not worth 3rd last xp on the team.

 

There needs to be a bigger spread between workload than that. It's not ok for some T30 player to do fork all basically, and get almost the same as the highest damage dealer on the team. The fact the T30 was in last place would suggest he didn't do any spotting either so, the only difference is one tier, and yet the guy who does 4.5k dmg gets barely 150xp more than someone who was utterly useless.

 

Edit- And lets not forget, while this is an armored TD, it's a TD's role to farm damage and kill tanks, this is what they do, you cannot penalize a tank for performing the role it was supposed to be doing anymore than you can penalize a light tank for sitting a bush and not dealing damage but spotting enemy tanks. Both are very important roles, not 4th last on the team, total bs tbh. We saw this role reward system implemented in ranked battles, maybe a bit of that role reward in randoms would be a good thing too.


Edited by TungstenHitman, 02 December 2019 - 03:27 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users