Lord_Khamul #1 Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12913 battles
  • [ALM_I] ALM_I

Watch the video ... no comments.:angry:
Bravo WG ... without mods control.:medal:

See Original Post: (in Spanish)

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/725664-mods-ilegales-baneos-soporte-streamings-y-poco-caso/

BrinklyWollox #2 Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles
I suspect whoever recorded that video needed the mods in order to get the game running on his toaster. :amazed:

Gruff_ #3 Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22862 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Unfair mods / cheats and bots still in the game after all these years.  Sort it out WG.

ValkyrionX #4 Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:43 PM

Major

• 54714 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

This thread has been moved to the most appropriate section for the discussion.

Small personal note:
Anyone playing WoT with illegal mods gets caught sooner or later because the game client is connected to the game server 100% of the time and every action and illegal modification of game files is recorded on the server.
Whoever cheats is always discovered, it's just a matter of time.

Dava_117 #5 Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:45 PM

Major General

• 23050 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Quite a good proof cheats have very few influence in wot. That guy put on basically everything you find illegal, still had a meh performance that a good player would have outperformed.

jabster #6 Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostValkyrionX, on 02 December 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

Small personal note:
Anyone playing WoT with illegal mods gets caught sooner or later because the game client is connected to the game server 100% of the time and every action and illegal modification of game files is recorded on the server.

How can you say that unless you know how it actually works which is something WG are in no hurry to tell anybody?

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9319 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postjabster, on 02 December 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

How can you say that unless you know how it actually works which is something WG are in no hurry to tell anybody?

Well, I'd imagine that if they told people how they'd detect the cheats, then the people making those cheat mods would in turn be able to figure out how to avoid being detected.

Essentially, it'd make the problem only worse.

jabster #8 Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 02 December 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

Well, I'd imagine that if they told people how they'd detect the cheats, then the people making those cheat mods would in turn be able to figure out how to avoid being detected.

Essentially, it'd make the problem only worse.

And that has what to do with what I said?

_deNoir_ #9 Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28058 battles
  • [ORG_C] ORG_C

just saying, the way this video is edited (hidden players list and fps + the start of video after countdown) make me say that i can download any replay from a famous player and a bunch of illegal mods, install in wot client, run the replay, record and edit the video as this was and i will say that the famous player is cheating. 

- if fps is like  xx(xx) then is a replay 

Posted Image

- when running a replay you get some messages during the countdown related to  

Posted Image

Edited by _deNoir_, 02 December 2019 - 09:15 PM.

nagje #10 Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22570 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 02 December 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

This thread has been moved to the most appropriate section for the discussion.

Small personal note:

Yeah sure. There are so many cheat mods out there. As long as mods are allowed there are cheats. Unless WG bans All mods the cheating will never stop.

ValkyrionX #11 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:09 AM

Major

• 54714 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Postnagje, on 02 December 2019 - 10:34 PM, said:

Yeah sure. There are so many cheat mods out there. As long as mods are allowed there are cheats. Unless WG bans All mods the cheating will never stop.

In reality, even in games that do not provide the possibility of using mods, it is possible to use alternative methods to mods to cheat.

So that the WG removes the mods doesn't make any sense and it wouldn't stop the cheaters.

23:16 Added after 7 minute

View Postjabster, on 02 December 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

the game is server side , everything you do is registered on the server (yes every single action) and your client tells the server what game changes you are using in the folders dedicated to the mods 

obviously I don't think it's the only way to find out who cheats

jabster #12 Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostValkyrionX, on 02 December 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

In reality, even in games that do not provide the possibility of using mods, it is possible to use alternative methods to mods to cheat.

So that the WG removes the mods doesn't make any sense and it wouldn't stop the cheaters.

23:16 Added after 7 minute

the game is server side , everything you do is registered on the server (yes every single action) and your client tells the server what game changes you are using in the folders dedicated to the mods 

obviously I don't think it's the only way to find out who cheats

And you know that how exactly not to mention how do you how all illegal mods are implemented?

Edited by jabster, 03 December 2019 - 05:43 AM.

ValkyrionX #13 Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:46 AM

Major

• 54714 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2019 - 05:40 AM, said:

And you know that how exactly not to mention how do you how all illegal mods are implemented?

all the game modifications are inserted in the folders dedicated to the mods [mods and res_mods folders and sub-folders] in order to work , some instead are real programs [.exe]

But even these are detectable as they affect the game and the worldoftanks.exe process

The point is only one as I said before, who cheats sooner or later is discovered. end of the story.

jabster #14 Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostValkyrionX, on 03 December 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

all the game modifications are inserted in the folders dedicated to the mods [mods and res_mods folders and sub-folders] in order to work , some instead are real programs [.exe]

But even these are detectable as they affect the game and the worldoftanks.exe process

The point is only one as I said before, who cheats sooner or later is discovered. end of the story.

Well it’s not the end of the story as you’ve pretty much said the anti-cheat system is infallible. I develop a mod for my individual and use, how does WG tell whether it’s legal or not?

ValkyrionX #15 Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:02 AM

Major

• 54714 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

Well it’s not the end of the story as you’ve pretty much said the anti-cheat system is infallible. I develop a mod for my individual and use, how does WG tell whether it’s legal or not?

repeating myself endlessly seems stupid to me, whatever damn action you take in the game and any changes you make to the game client is absolutely detectable, yes the WG system is infallible because, I repeat myself endlessly, everything you do in the game, every single action and modification to the client are absolutely detectable for WG analysts.

If a mod is illegal or not it is decided by the parameters that the WG uses to distinguish the legal mods from the illegal ones, if a mods gives an advantage currently considered illegal , the player will take a severe sanction sooner or later.

I have nothing else to add to this discussion.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10241/

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/fair-play-policy-update-april-2019/

jabster #16 Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostValkyrionX, on 03 December 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

repeating myself endlessly seems stupid to me, whatever damn action you take in the game and any changes you make to the game client is absolutely detectable, yes the WG system is infallible because, I repeat myself endlessly, everything you do in the game, every single action and modification to the client are absolutely detectable for WG analysts.

If a mod is illegal or not it is decided by the parameters that the WG uses to distinguish the legal mods from the illegal ones, if a mods gives an advantage currently considered illegal , the player will take a severe sanction sooner or later.

I have nothing else to add to this discussion.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10241/

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/fair-play-policy-update-april-2019/

The fact WG may be able to detect any modifications does not mean they are infallible in knowing what that mod actually does. Please explain how WG can determine the functionality of an unknown mod?

ValkyrionX #17 Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:13 AM

Major

• 54714 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

The fact WG may be able to detect any modifications does not mean they are infallible in knowing what that mod actually does. Please explain how WG can determine the functionality of an unknown mod?

forgive me, but you are really repetitive, every day mods are created for different purposes, if one of them is unknown or not , if it gives you an illegal advantage it is considered as cheat and the player will suffer the consequences.

It doesn't seem difficult to understand it.

jabster #18 Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostValkyrionX, on 03 December 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

forgive me, but you are really repetitive, every day mods are created for different purposes, if one of them is unknown or not , if it gives you an illegal advantage it is considered as cheat and the player will suffer the consequences.

It doesn't seem difficult to understand it.

Yes I understand the rules but I’m asking you how WG determines the functionality of an unknown mod. If you don’t know what it does then how do you determine whether it’s legal or not?

You’ve claimed it’s infallible so you should be able to explain this.

ValkyrionX #19 Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:29 AM

Major

• 54714 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Yes I understand the rules but I’m asking you how WG determines the functionality of an unknown mod. If you don’t know what it does then how do you determine whether it’s legal or not?

You’ve claimed it’s infallible so you should be able to explain this.

small example, if you develop a mod tomorrow that shows you with a red dot the last known position on the map of an enemy vehicle you are sure that it will be considered as an illegal mod, or if for example you develop a mod that indicates the relod times of the enemy vehicles  etc etc.

The wg system is infallible because your client is permanently connected to the game server, what else is there to explain?

Edit:

the game client constantly communicates with the game server and every time you log in to the game you are authenticating not only by your password and your email address but you are telling the game server which mods you are using and what changes are been made to the game client.

If a cheater wanted to modify the worldoftanks.exe file to make his client not tell the server what information his client contains, he could not log in to the game because his client would not be recognized as valid by the server.

And whoever accesses the game with illegal mods is basically saying openly about the game he is cheating on and this information is recorded forever on the server, until the player is discovered and punished for his illegal actions.

giving two practical examples and based on my experience ..

cs:go, game with anticheat software, full game to the core of cheaters.

crossout, game with a very famous and reliable anticheat software, game full of cheats and dishonest players.

Other online games with different anticheat systems that do not allow the use of mods and that use real anticheat software are fallible since an anticheat software can be avoided as it is a program that can be sabotaged and hacked.

If you want to use cheats on WoT without ever being punished you should hack the WoT server.

Edited by ValkyrionX, 03 December 2019 - 10:45 AM.

jabster #20 Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12771 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostValkyrionX, on 03 December 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

small example, if you develop a mod tomorrow that shows you with a red dot the last known position on the map of an enemy vehicle you are sure that it will be considered as an illegal mod, or if for example you develop a mod that indicates the relod times of the enemy vehicles  etc etc.

The wg system is infallible because your client is permanently connected to the game server, what else is there to explain?

Other online games with different anticheat systems that do not allow the use of mods and that use real anticheat software are fallible since an anticheat software can be avoided as it is a program that can be sabotaged and hacked.

If you want to use cheats on WoT without ever being punished you should hack the WoT server.

Because you’re not explaining how the server knows exactly what the client is doing. Why do you think the client would report the functionality of graphical modifications or indeed how that would be done?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users