So why is sabotage still not being punished?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

BlackBloodBandit #1 Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7526 battles
Over and over again people sabotage the games for the team and keep getting away with it. This marathon only attracts players of which 30% even refuse to play (not saying they play bad, just that they don't play at all and actively help to make the team lose). It's disgusting to work hard every game and keep losing, simply because the team refuses to play.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 02 December 2019 - 07:17 PM.

wsatnutter #2 Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:17 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26515 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

its not new and it happens peeps want their reward come hell or high water

expect a mod to close this

shikaka9 #3 Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 72193 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

life is life :coin:

and

Edited by shikaka9, 02 December 2019 - 07:20 PM.

BlackBloodBandit #4 Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7526 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 02 December 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

its not new

so? if it's not new, it's even worse. The game rules are clear about this.

"4.08. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design. The application of game restrictions will always be done to protect a positive and fun gaming environment and will be applied after careful investigation and internal deliberation."

Also: I don't need a mod to tell me that WG only cares about money and not about the environment.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 02 December 2019 - 07:35 PM.

ChineseNinjaLady #5 Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1202 battles
Maybe I'm reading into this, but you make it sound like it's happening all the time? Because I had a few games some hours ago and it went exceptionally well on a tank class I don't even know how to play properly yet and didn't see anyone deliberately breaking the game or anything. From the sound of it you just had bad luck with teams and players like these in your teams. It happened to me soon after I started playing this game and it all happened to me in one day, then I never seen any of that ever since. Not that I have seen it all, but I play quite a lot since I picked this game up.

unhappy_bunny #6 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:00 PM

Colonel

• 20211 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

You called? :teethhappy:

I will not tell you anything about WG cares or not. I have no evidence of their desires or intentions from the game. It makes sense though that a company produces a product with the intention of making a profit from it, but what that has to do withthe way players approach the I don't know.

Marathons, the chance to get a free or heavily discounted tank brings all sorts of players into the game. So,e are good, some are bad, some play seriously, some even try to earn the XP or whatever by doing really well in the battle, others work out that for them getting through the maximum number of battles in the shortest time, earning a little but often, work best for them.

What we can hope is that if players are using bot programs or other cheats, these will be picked up over the course of the marathon and bans applied. 

In the meantime, I can only suggest you do what I do and concentrate on my own gameplay, making sure that I have fun doing the marathon, and not worry about others. Played 8 battle this afternoon and only once did I notice a player acting strangely. Not AFK but played so cautiously that he manages 0 dmg, ended with 100% health, and contributed nothing to the game although he did manage to enter the enemy cap just as the last red tank was killed. His stats reflected his gameplay, bot like. But, who knows? He could just be a very bad player. 

Meanwhile, the question is, To Close or Not To Close? :teethhappy:

Nah! I'll leave it for now. :hiding:

Homer_J #7 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:00 PM

Field Marshal

• 32940 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 02 December 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Over and over again people sabotage the games for the team and keep getting away with it. This marathon only attracts players of which 30% even refuse to play (not saying they play bad, just that they don't play at all and actively help to make the team lose). It's disgusting to work hard every game and keep losing, simply because the team refuses to play.

I'm not sure what you expect the forum to do about it, and WG aren't going to put a referee in every battle so the best you can do is report those you think are breaking the rules.  Exceptional cases of pushing etc can be done via a ticket.

Unfortunately no matter what game you play there will be idiots, and indeed in life in general.

ChineseNinjaLady #8 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1202 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 02 December 2019 - 08:00 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you expect the forum to do about it, and WG aren't going to put a referee in every battle so the best you can do is report those you think are breaking the rules.  Exceptional cases of pushing etc can be done via a ticket.

Unfortunately no matter what game you play there will be idiots, and indeed in life in general.

Ye I reported some trolls with replays attached and they were very quick with picking up on the ticket, assuring me that they made the necessary measures, now whatever that means..

BlackBloodBandit #9 Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7526 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 02 December 2019 - 08:00 PM, said:

I expect nothing from the forum to do. I asked why nothing is been done about these kind of players, as it's clearly disrupting the gameplay and fun of a lot of people. Constantly being able to fire 2 shots before the team dies is no fun at all.

View PostChineseNinjaLady, on 02 December 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

Maybe I'm reading into this, but you make it sound like it's happening all the time? Because I had a few games some hours ago and it went exceptionally well on a tank class I don't even know how to play properly yet and didn't see anyone deliberately breaking the game or anything. From the sound of it you just had bad luck with teams and players like these in your teams. It happened to me soon after I started playing this game and it all happened to me in one day, then I never seen any of that ever since. Not that I have seen it all, but I play quite a lot since I picked this game up.

Yes it's happening 1/3 battles for sure. You can't tell me I'm the only one getting these people on the teams all the time. There's a difference in "playing how you want" and 'playing' in a way that is clearly ruining the fun for the team.

Bordhaw #10 Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15308 battles

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 02 December 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Homer_J #11 Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:57 PM

Field Marshal

• 32940 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 02 December 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

I expect nothing from the forum to do. I asked why nothing is been done about these kind of players,

How do you know nothing is being done?

You meet a player in battle where they do something wrong.  You don't know if WG applies some sanction unless you stalk them every day and even then you don't know if they got a warning.  You also don't know if that is the only time they did anything like that.

But your claim of how often it happens in no way matches my experience.

Head_has_Exploded #12 Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 427 battles
I'm getting so sick and tired of crapteams, I can see why people do team damage or push people out of positions, I am going to snap soon when I see Mediums in TD positions

Spurtung #13 Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:00 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75102 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 02 December 2019 - 06:26 PM, said:

"4.08. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design. The application of game restrictions will always be done to protect a positive and fun gaming environment and will be applied after careful investigation and internal deliberation."

Also: I don't need a mod to tell me that WG only cares about money and not about the environment.

I've highlighted the keywords.

Are you WG staff? No? So why should anything be done about what you consider to be disruptive?

TankkiPoju #14 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23999 battles

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 02 December 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

The rules don't apply to people paying premium time and/or preimum tanks. They can do whatever they want and dont get banned.

WG just can't go banning people who put money into game that would be... bad for business.

PowJay #15 Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:34 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 40532 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 02 December 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

How do you know nothing is being done?

You meet a player in battle where they do something wrong.  You don't know if WG applies some sanction unless you stalk them every day and even then you don't know if they got a warning.  You also don't know if that is the only time they did anything like that.

But your claim of how often it happens in no way matches my experience.

I witnessed a player drive straight into the lake on Lakeville at the opening of the battle. I reported him in-game. I checked his stats, and in 30 days he had survived two battles, I think, and had average damage that would make a new player in a tier I tank crawl away in shame.

For whatever reason, this player enters battle and kills himself at the earliest opportunity and in the easiest way possible. I reported his name to WG and the key part of the reply was "rest assured that such cases will be taken care of without the need of additional information being sent by the players."

I followed his stats for several days and always the same thing. This was almost a year ago (19th Dec) and after reminding myself of his name through the PS ticket, I checked him again. He has not played in the last 7 days, (since 22nd November) so maybe he has been banned, who knows. However, his 30 day stats are 62 battles at tier 6.71. Survived ONE. 0.11 HP average damage.

Unless he has actually been banned, he is still doing the same thing 11 months later. Would you consider that as "taken care of"? It is little wonder that players who encounter these individuals do not feel that WG is taking the issue seriously.

BTW, only commenting on your post as a forumite, not as a mod. :honoring:

Keller #16 Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:02 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 18907 battles

View Postshikaka9, on 02 December 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

life is life :coin:

and

You have a point there

and

Spurtung #17 Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 75102 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
Did that drummer miss his tennis practice?

Keller #18 Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:21 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 18907 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 03 December 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Did that drummer miss his tennis practice?

no just normal RNG

Cobra6 #19 Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16531 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Until there is a proper system in place that (severely) punishes bottom/AFK'ing, it won't ever get fixed.

Basically if you do nothing for more then 30% of the match (nothing as in no damage or not moving or not spotting) you should start to have to actively pay with credits and your free XP if it happens more then once every 30 matches or so. The last part is to ensure that if there is an emergency and you have to react (real life) you won't get punished for it.

Cobra 6

feoffle3 #20 Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12733 battles
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1

View PostPowJay, on 03 December 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

I witnessed a player drive straight into the lake on Lakeville at the opening of the battle. I reported him in-game. I checked his stats, and in 30 days he had survived two battles, I think, and had average damage that would make a new player in a tier I tank crawl away in shame.

For whatever reason, this player enters battle and kills himself at the earliest opportunity and in the easiest way possible. I reported his name to WG and the key part of the reply was "rest assured that such cases will be taken care of without the need of additional information being sent by the players."

I followed his stats for several days and always the same thing. This was almost a year ago (19th Dec) and after reminding myself of his name through the PS ticket, I checked him again. He has not played in the last 7 days, (since 22nd November) so maybe he has been banned, who knows. However, his 30 day stats are 62 battles at tier 6.71. Survived ONE. 0.11 HP average damage.

Unless he has actually been banned, he is still doing the same thing 11 months later. Would you consider that as "taken care of"? It is little wonder that players who encounter these individuals do not feel that WG is taking the issue seriously.

BTW, only commenting on your post as a forumite, not as a mod. :honoring:

Get out of here with your facts and real-life examples. Seriously, get out, before someone says that it's all false until a replay is provided.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users