Server down? (Server issues thread)

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

Kalonianhydra #181 Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29997 battles

View PostSael_, on 03 December 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

It's normal for some confusion to be generated by server problems, people are affected differently in different moments by lag etc. Don't take it too personal. :)

The server crash was very unfortunate and we are sorry to hear you were troubled. However we are investigating and working to fix all the causes for the technical issues and, while there most likely won't be compensations, we will make sure to gather all the necessary information to correct any failed expense of game currency from everyone affected.

Yeah, and it's this kind of answers that will drive away players that actually pay for the game. If you are a free to play player it doesn't matter, but when you pay for the game it's a whole lot of a difference.
You should always work on having a stable environment. Regardless of players.

N3rv0u5_M1c0 #182 Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 54411 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA
Actually today I am afraid to start boosters coz server will probably go down around 17:00-18:00 ..I already lost 2 credit boosters, 2 free exp boosters and 2 crew boosters recently

Homer_J #183 Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:53 PM

Field Marshal

• 32868 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postpecopad, on 03 December 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

By the way, still waiting for an apology from posters like Homer and others that were always hinting that it was us that were making stuff up...

If you think I am hinting that you or anyone else is making stuff up just because I ask for a pingplotter trace then you are mistaken.  I am just trying to help.

Most of the time it is not a server issue and as I have pointed out to you in the past, a pingplotter trace can diagnose an issue, such as one we had the other day when it was clear the guy was using a weak wifi signal.

On this and other rare occasions there has been a problem with the server.  But it soon becomes more than obvious when that is the case.

13:56 Added after 3 minute

View PostKalonianhydra, on 03 December 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

Yeah, and it's this kind of answers that will drive away players that actually pay for the game. If you are a free to play player it doesn't matter, but when you pay for the game it's a whole lot of a difference.
You should always work on having a stable environment. Regardless of players.

I'm not sure how much experience you have with managing servers or IT infrastructure but no matter how hard you try there will be occasions where something happens which you are not expecting.

You only need to look at the track record of a certain large UK bank to see that even when you have a legal requirement to provide a certain service it is not always possible.

jabster #184 Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12760 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postpecopad, on 03 December 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

What happens very rarely?

Server problems in WoT have been here for quite a while,its nothing new.

By the way, still waiting for an apology from posters like Homer and others that were always hinting that it was us that were making stuff up...

I know its not going to happen, but it would be nice.

Why would it be expected when you take this thread for example.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/726988-lag-in-every-gamemode/#topmost

pecopad #185 Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29701 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Why would it be expected when you take this thread for example.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/726988-lag-in-every-gamemode/#topmost

Like I said, some  people just have problems accepting they are ignorant about some things, in your case and Homer, clearly you have never seen a network backbone nor understand what a network is  and still you keep it up.

At least apologize when you are wrong, and been spreading wrong information, in case of Homer when he stated that the problems were solved, when clearly WG never said such think (like I pointed out)

Edited by pecopad, 03 December 2019 - 03:33 PM.

jabster #186 Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12760 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postpecopad, on 03 December 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

Like I said, some  people just have problems accepting they are ignorant about some things, in your case and Homer, clearly you have never seen a network backbone nor understand what a network is  and still you keep it up.

At least apologize when you are wrong, and been spreading wrong information, in case of Homer when he stated that the problems were solved, when clearly WG never said such think (like I pointed out)

You were adamant that is was all WG's fault even though the OP had already stated that it was in fact their ISP's problem. You want an apology for that?

divsmo #187 Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37428 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Didn't see you apologise for yhe below comment on the thread jabster linked even after the OP thanked everyone for their help sorting the problem with their ISP.

Don't mind the usual white knights, even when WG admit they are having lag problems they come here bashing who ever is saying has lag...

[edited]

Edited by Homer_J, 03 December 2019 - 06:19 PM.
insults

jabster #188 Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12760 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postdivsmo, on 03 December 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Didn't see you apologise for yhe below comment on the thread jabster linked even after the OP thanked everyone for their help sorting the problem with their ISP.

Don't mind the usual white knights, even when WG admit they are having lag problems they come here bashing who ever is saying has lag...

[edited]

You have to remember that this is the poster who was convinced that 'nuking' player connections was a thing while at the same time claiming that they're some sort of network expert.

They'll do what they always do, battle on for a bit and then slink away only to return with just the same rubbish as before.

pecopad #189 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29701 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

You have to remember that this is the poster who was convinced that 'nuking' player connections was a thing while at the same time claiming that they're some sort of network expert.

They'll do what they always do, battle on for a bit and then slink away only to return with just the same rubbish as before.

If I remember correctly regarding nuking, I posted and documented nuking in another games, I still don't see why WOT would be any different. And yes, I should know something about networking, since I work in a telecom/ISP. I know enough to know that lag spikes aren't usually a network problem.

Now you and Homer, I don't know where your networking knowledge comes from, you never explained... looking at a router does not count, and this considering you even know what a router looks like... a backbone one,not home/office router.

You guys could at least apologize and concede you were wrong, not a biggie, but no...

Edited by pecopad, 03 December 2019 - 07:15 PM.

pecopad #190 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29701 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

You were adamant that is was all WG's fault even though the OP had already stated that it was in fact their ISP's problem. You want an apology for that?

Clearly the OP knew even less about networking than Homer and Jabster...

Vodafone or other ISP's do not discriminate traffic, and when Vodafone changed settings it wasn't on the Vodafone network regarding WoT but on the OP access.

Unless Vodafone saw something fishy with WoT behavior.....

Pingplotter had nothing to with it, and clearly it had nothing to do with the ping spikes we have been experiencing on the last months.

Edited by pecopad, 03 December 2019 - 07:31 PM.

jabster #191 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12760 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postpecopad, on 03 December 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

If I remember correctly regarding nuking, I posted and documented nuking in another games, I still don't see why WOT would be any different. And yes, I should know something about networking, since I work in a telecom/ISP. I know enough to know that lag spikes aren't usually a network problem.

Now you and Homer, I don't know where your networking knowledge comes from, you never explained... looking at a router does not count, and this considering you even know what a router looks like... a backbone one,not home/office router.

You guys could at least apologize and concede you were wrong, not a biggie, but no...

You don’t see why WoT wouldn’t be any different because you don’t understand why it’s not going to happen in WoT even though it was explained to you multiple times.

As for the thread which you think you should have an apology for, you were not only wrong to the cause you actually dismissed advice that helped the OP resolve the issue. 

pecopad #192 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29701 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

You don’t see why WoT wouldn’t be any different because you don’t understand why it’s not going to happen in WoT even though it was explained to you multiple times.

As for the thread which you think you should have an apology for, you were not only wrong to the cause you actually dismissed advice that helped the OP resolve the issue. 

And who would explain how WoT Works? You? what makes you so knowledgeable about Wot?

The advice didn't help in anything, are you kidding me, it was a bunch of nonsense. OP had an access problem, apparently, nothing to do with WoT. Unless Vodafone was blacklisting WoT, in which case I doubt they would have changed any settings just because the OP called.

Most probably they just fixed an issue with the OP access, that again had nothing to do with lag spikes in WoT.

Lag spikes have nothing to do with ISP networks or access problems.

Edited by pecopad, 03 December 2019 - 07:38 PM.

jabster #193 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12760 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postpecopad, on 03 December 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

And who would explain how WoT Works? You? what makes you so knowledgeable about Wot?

The advice didn't help in anything, are you kidding me, it was a bunch of nonsense. OP had an access problem, apparently, nothing to do with WoT. Unless Vodafone was blacklisting WoT, in which case I doubt they would have changed any settings just because the OP called.

Most probably they just fixed an issue with the OP access, that again had nothing to do with lag spikes in WoT.

Lag spikes have nothing to do with ISP networks or access problems.

So in fact it wasn’t the WG servers that were causing the problem as you implied then. Glad we cleared that up.

pecopad #194 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29701 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

So in fact it wasn’t the WG servers that were causing the problem as you implied then. Glad we cleared that up.

Yes they were because I was/ having lag spikes in WoT at the time, I've been having them for months.

I've also explained why ping plotter is completely useless in this cases .i.e. cases where you are experiencing a problem in one particular application, but still you guys insist in asking for it to anyone who posts any problem with lag.

Edited by pecopad, 03 December 2019 - 07:43 PM.

jabster #195 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12760 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postpecopad, on 03 December 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

Yes they were because I was/ having lag spikes in WoT at the time, I've been having them for months.

I've also explained why ping plotter is completely useless in this cases .i.e. cases where you are experiencing a problem in one particular application, but still you guys insist in asking for it to anyone who posts any problem with lag.

So their ISP fixed a problem with the WG servers. Well it’s a point of view I suppose.

Horsen7173 #196 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24524 battles
  • [CS-BB] CS-BB
If it's not a problem with WG then where is the problem. 1 game tonight and still no sound. Crashed out of the game itself 5 times. Was fine before the latest update. Last time I had anything to do with computers was nearly 30 years ago so wouldn't know what the experts are saying. Still haven't had a reply from WG about this problem yet nearly 24 hours after I sent in my ticket.

thoso1973 #197 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46258 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Yeah I had the game crashing too.

Desyatnik_Pansy #198 Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:00 PM

Bartender

• 18381 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

View Postpecopad, on 03 December 2019 - 06:42 PM, said:

I don't think I have to take any actual action here, but I would rather not have a page or more of just you two going at it.

From my perspective with regards to the thread that was linked, Homer and the others provided advice to the OP And that resolved his problem. While you could argue about them "insisting it is you who is making it up", the advice given identified and resolved the problem, and has done in previous occasions as well. I quite frankly don't understand why you need an apology from them when not only did they assist the OP With his problem, but you were the one who called them out initially and yet insist they apologise to you. If anyone deserves an apology it's them, but I don't expect that's gonna happen, so I'll just politely ask you two to try to come to an understanding, take it to PMs or move on.

Thanks.

OrtegaSLO #199 Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43542 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

View PostSael_, on 03 December 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

It's normal for some confusion to be generated by server problems, people are affected differently in different moments by lag etc. Don't take it too personal. :)

The server crash was very unfortunate and we are sorry to hear you were troubled. However we are investigating and working to fix all the causes for the technical issues and, while there most likely won't be compensations, we will make sure to gather all the necessary information to correct any failed expense of game currency from everyone affected.

WG cleary doesn't know how to be nice to customers. And how to make a better experience over longer time. 

I dont think it cost WG so much if they give one day of premium account for every server crash. 
And somee boosters. For the trouble. Players will be more happy and they may spend some more money. 

Instead they say there won't be any compensation... 

Out of experience players spend more if they are happy. 

Edited by OrtegaSLO, 03 December 2019 - 08:15 PM.

jabster #200 Posted 03 December 2019 - 08:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12760 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 03 December 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

I don't think I have to take any actual action here, but I would rather not have a page or more of just you two going at it.

From my perspective with regards to the thread that was linked, Homer and the others provided advice to the OP And that resolved his problem. While you could argue about them "insisting it is you who is making it up", the advice given identified and resolved the problem, and has done in previous occasions as well. I quite frankly don't understand why you need an apology from them when not only did they assist the OP With his problem, but you were the one who called them out initially and yet insist they apologise to you. If anyone deserves an apology it's them, but I don't expect that's gonna happen, so I'll just politely ask you two to try to come to an understanding, take it to PMs or move on.

Thanks.

Why should I come to an understanding when they are clearly in the wrong?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users