What has changed since last December

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Beltalowda #1 Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65427 battles

Howdy all,

I have not been playing WoT for a Year, really long time for someone who was here since beta and enjoyed the game a lot in the past. I've just downloaded the last update and I am about to give it yet another try. There has been many updates I guess and I don't feel like going through all of the patch notes right now.

So my question is what did they change over the Year I have not been playing ? 

I've heard that 6th sense has gone up from 3 second delay to 4 second delay, is this true ? If so, what other significant changes I've missed ?

If you see me in your team then forgive me for being rusty and generally bad at aiming, leading shots etc. It will take time to get back to the levels I was at before I left, if I even manage to get back to the same skill level as before. I am not as young as I used to be :).

PS: Some things never change so I can't wait for my first PM's in garage telling me to go play barbie, uninstall noob, ebay account and so on, hehe.

Edited by Beltalowda, 02 December 2019 - 11:32 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9268 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

We've seen the introduction of French Wheelchairs along with British Light Tanks.

Sixth Sense has not been changed to my knowledge.

Other significant changes include buffs to the Leopard 1 and STB-1 lines (tiers 8-10 only, including 1 premium for each).

Various bi-weekly new premium tanks (overexaggeration).

And soon we'll have this fancy anomyniser thing which lets you hide your nickname and XVM stats during battle (but no in garage).

Beltalowda #3 Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65427 battles
I found my self staring on all those things in my garage, it feels a bit overwhelming. i did not know how much stuff I got. 37 mil credits 14k bonds, thousands of consumables, I don't know what to do. I am afraid to press the battle button hehe 

Dava_117 #4 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:00 AM

Major General

• 22906 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Also friendly fire got removed and the Kranvagn line gor a rework too to top tier.

We had and still have several sandbox server iteration for a great ammo rebalance under development.

And ST-2 line is behind the corner, probably im December patch, with 3 tanks starting from KV-3. 

Oh, yes, the forum now has forumites as moderators. ;)

Beltalowda #5 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65427 battles

So the gold ammo still works the same way as I remember ? Also which maps have been changed and how drastically ? 

Thank you for answers anyway.

Dava_117 #6 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:07 AM

Major General

• 22906 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I can't remember any map change, but they added back Karkov. Bigger and with a ton of empty noman lands. But the town is still there luckily.

Beltalowda #7 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65427 battles
My first battle, we won and I killed a tank yeeey. I must say that my reactions are slow and I forgot about how much does it hurt to get hit by arta in a paper tank :). I wont go higher then tier 7 tho, I don't want to be a burden to my team in higher tiers.

Edited by Beltalowda, 03 December 2019 - 12:17 AM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #8 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9268 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Come to think of it, I might've forgotten that the Swedish mediums got added...

The tier 8-10 ones, that is.

Beltalowda #9 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65427 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 02 December 2019 - 11:50 PM, said:

Come to think of it, I might've forgotten that the Swedish mediums got added...

The tier 8-10 ones, that is.

What is their weakness and what should I aim for ?

Spurtung #10 Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 74879 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostDava_117, on 02 December 2019 - 11:00 PM, said:

And ST-2 line is behind the corner, probably im December patch, with 3 tanks starting from KV-3. 

Won't happen.

Dava_117 #11 Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:23 AM

Major General

• 22906 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBeltalowda, on 03 December 2019 - 12:51 AM, said:

What is their weakness and what should I aim for ?

They have an automatic siege mode that activate under a certain speed but increase only their gun depression and elevation.

They share very shallow UFP angle, and armour are usually thicker compared to TDs. They also have high alpha.

The tier 8 is completely paper, but tier 9 and 10 have up to 70mm un the UFP and can bounce easily any AP(CR) round. Sides, LFP and commander hatch are weackspots, but the last one may be vulnerable to HEAT round only when at autobounce angle (basically a lot of time).

If they are using their gun depression, HE is a valuable resource, as their armour is thin.

sokolicc #12 Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32187 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostDava_117, on 03 December 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

Also friendly fire got removed and the Kranvagn line gor a rework too to top tier.

We had and still have several sandbox server iteration for a great ammo rebalance under development.

Oh, yes, the forum now has forumites as moderators. ;)

Lol, ammo rebalance is done in literaly the worst way possible.

If someone is dumb he will be okay but if you have good knowledge of reload, pen, armor model and HP of tanks then you will have to relearn the game. Which many people aren't willing to do. So we will again see skill decrease in the game or, even worse, bigger difference between good and bad players.

We are currently lacking only weakspots on certain tanks, not ammo rework, it is never an issue if you can pen tank in proper weakspot.
But if we have bobjects, well, good luck.

But, again, maps are dumbed down, sniping noob-friendly positions are added so it looks like WG is just continuing it's policy.
Removing 263 as tier 10 with higher skill cap, nerfing Grille... Doing everything to remove skill requirement for EVERY single tank, not leaving us one bloody skill-dependant line.

And now this crap. Good luck hitting EBR with potato-shell velocity.

What we're gonna see is just complete screwup of armor (if they dare to do so) or full Maus/Chieftain/279/430U setups in randoms.

@OP, ye, swedish mediums are added also, but they have specific playstyle and, imo, higher skill cap than regular meds since it's really tricky to controrll them, use gun depression without showing your front plate since turret is in the back.

MightyBalls_2 #13 Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7812 battles
  • [MITY] MITY
read the patch notes since last December and find out yourself you lazy [person]. Or play the game and find out yourself.

Edited by Homer_J, 03 December 2019 - 02:18 PM.
Play nice

Beltalowda #14 Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65427 battles
Thank you everyone for contributing in this topic, I am slowly finding my way and I can say I am having fun again, which is the main thing.

Dava_117 #15 Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:22 AM

Major General

• 22906 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsokolicc, on 03 December 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

Lol, ammo rebalance is done in literaly the worst way possible.

If someone is dumb he will be okay but if you have good knowledge of reload, pen, armor model and HP of tanks then you will have to relearn the game. Which many people aren't willing to do. So we will again see skill decrease in the game or, even worse, bigger difference between good and bad players.

We are currently lacking only weakspots on certain tanks, not ammo rework, it is never an issue if you can pen tank in proper weakspot.
But if we have bobjects, well, good luck.

But, again, maps are dumbed down, sniping noob-friendly positions are added so it looks like WG is just continuing it's policy.
Removing 263 as tier 10 with higher skill cap, nerfing Grille... Doing everything to remove skill requirement for EVERY single tank, not leaving us one bloody skill-dependant line.

And now this crap. Good luck hitting EBR with potato-shell velocity.

What we're gonna see is just complete screwup of armor (if they dare to do so) or full Maus/Chieftain/279/430U setups in randoms.

@OP, ye, swedish mediums are added also, but they have specific playstyle and, imo, higher skill cap than regular meds since it's really tricky to controrll them, use gun depression without showing your front plate since turret is in the back.

IMO, that is what premium ammo should have been since day one. An high pen, low alpha alternative, as is HE a low pen high alpha shell.

New HP and alpha are not so different from the one we have live, especially at higher tiers. Armour layout are the same and, IMO, you knowledge of them will give you an edge over the goldspammer as with that rebalance he will have less DPM and tradings capabilities. 

For a very competent player like you, it won't take more than a couple of months to be back to your pre change levels of knowledge. IMO, weackspots are still needed on a lot of tanks, but this is a start to fix old game problem.

10:22 Added after 0 minute

View PostBeltalowda, on 03 December 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

Thank you everyone for contributing in this topic, I am slowly finding my way and I can say I am having fun again, which is the main thing.

Nice to hear that. :)

shikaka9 #16 Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 71904 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Removed fall damage :hiding: :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users