State of the game.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Ranzech #1 Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12155 battles

I seriously don't know how, or why, did You people at Wargaming let the game reach such a state.

Perhaps You really just don't care anymore, and just want to cash out with as many premium tanks as possible before the game falls under.

Perhaps this is just a marketing strategy, which somehow assumes that people discontent with the game will spend more money on it.

Either way, the premium ammo spam, absolutely disbalanced premium tanks, wheeled vehicles and disabling friendly fire without disabling friendly pushing spoiled the game.

I have absolutely no motivation to pay for experience the game offers now, be it for premium time or premium vehicles.

In a middle of tier VIII tank marathon, and pretty much give-away of premium VII TD from Tankrewards.EU - I still find no incentive to even play 10 battles daily. It's a hussle.

The only thing I feel when some event "awards" me with X premium days and 5x bonus for first victory, is disillusionment of realizing it's just there just to bait me into struggling in hope of a good Matchmaking RNG.

I'm not angry. I'm not going to call you vulgar names or fortell the coming doom of the game.

I'm just one of your customers, telling you that your product is no longer worth the time, let alone money.

World of Tanks was always fun, even with it's issues. It's not fun anymore.

I really hope you guys know what you are doing with all the changes.

To all fellow tankers - have fun, if you are still able to.

Cheers.

Head_has_Exploded #2 Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 423 battles
Well by all accounts it looks like they do not know what they are doing, overpriced pointless premiums, maybe not so pointless as they make them money, as for game going under, maybe, maybe not, when people foire premier rounds at low armoured vehicles, the temptation to join the so called cheaters grows ever more, let he bots feel the pain.

unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:29 PM

Colonel

• 20193 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Does that mean you are leaving us? 

As to your specific points:

Making customers discontent, whether in a store or in a game, rarely results in that customer paying more. Customers that are truly discontent are more likely to take their custom elsewhere.

Premium Ammo spam, while it can be annoying, is the result of players decisions to use it. It was made more readily accessible by players demand. Players use it out of choice, for whatever reason they can find to justify it. I know the favourite reason is that some tanks are impregnable without it, but that is still the players choice. That said, I feel that WG do need to do something about that situation.

Wheeled Vehicles are a pain, they are hard to counter, although I believe that players are gradually learning how to combat them. (wish I could work it out myself :().

Friendly fire being disabled is a good thing. Pushing friendly vehicle is not, but the only thing we can do is to use the report system or open tickets about it. If you had pushing disabled, it would not only affect pushing friendlies out of bushes or favourite spots, but would also prevent helping an overturned ally, pushing against an enemy vehicle, and probably being able to push a dead tank out of the way leaving you trapped somewhere.

For you it might not be fun any longer, but for many, myself included, it still is.

Ceeb #4 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 33239 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

Well I can defo say that I've spent less in 2018/19 then ever in WoT, 

But I agree, why buy the likes of the WZ 111 (current Advent) when there is a defender/252 in the game.... unless you're after a crew trainer. As for the state of the game, I'm still enjoying it, but I've dropped tiers, rarely do I play tier 10 anymore (don't play CWs) due to the Bsht OP tanks. I don't play arty so cant do Stun missions.  that's my choice.   Also the Wheeled Vehicles are more than a pain.  but as I've dropped to 5, 6, 7 and 8 I can live with them... and moan on TS.... 

FF being disabled is a good thing... I haven't been banned in weeks :)  However I will push that o2 thief of a T-50-2 that's camping behind me :) 

Just give the rest of the tanks the same physics as the WVs and there will be no need to help an ally right themselves. 

Bordhaw #5 Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15293 battles

View PostRanzech, on 03 December 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

I have absolutely no motivation to pay for experience the game offers now, be it for premium time or premium vehicles.

In a middle of tier VIII tank marathon, and pretty much give-away of premium VII TD from Tankrewards.EU - I still find no incentive to even play 10 battles daily. It's a hussle.

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 03 December 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Does that mean you are leaving us? 

RetroCh1cken #6 Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5658 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 03 December 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

For you it might not be fun any longer, but for many, myself included, it still is.

Well he is in a way correct, cause this is just not him, wot player base have steadily been declining every year and weather or not it is by wheelchairs, premiums and such is discussable but something has happened to the game cause it has been bringing in less new players after every year and more players have left the game after every year.

While I myself am still enjoying the game, this is a fact that should not be ignored, the games popularity have been declining for years now and Wargaming  in my eyes seems to be too scared to make big risks like adding new gamemodes other then the classic "random battles". Even then, one of the new gamemodes "grand battle" is literally just a copypaste "random battles" but in a bigger scale and even that is a gamemode that you don't get decide when to play cause it's random if the MM puts you in classic "random battles" or the newer "grand battles".
Popular gamemodes like ranked battles and frontlines are locked behind seasonal events which leaves the players who only like these gamemodes to have nothing else to play.

It's in a way sad, seeing all these things Wargaming have added as "events", from the unique dogtag feature to the team mode where you have to defend your base as the allies against a swarm of enemy ai german tanks. While these features had flaws, they also had potential to add more depth to the game and draw in a wider playerbase.
Instead of further developing these things they have only been adding more & more tanks, especially premiums and there only exists that much tanks until they run out, which it almost seems like they have started to do, cause more and more unhistorical & unrealistic tanks are being added to the game double barreled tanks.
It has even resulted in them adding in a line of vehicles that isn't even a vehicle with tracks, and it's especially not a tank.

The_GooD_Old_One #7 Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1473 battles
  • [-FOV-] -FOV-

As a relatively new player, I see many issues with the game at the moment and I can understand why the numbers of players are dropping. I love the concept and big fan of tanks, love the interactiveness and graphics, but game design need to be adjusted for this game to last.

1) This game is not balanced - look at the 15:2 and so matches. Tanks are not balanced and matches can snowball too much. Then WG instead of focusing those issues primarily, they churn out premiums on weekly basis - how is that gonna solve the balance in the game? No wonder WOT is nothing on esport scene - by far it is the most imbalanced game I have ever played. Game would gain SO much by developers focusing mainly on balance of things for entire year - even if that would cost not releasing premiums for a year, the players returning would make up for their time invested.

2) connected to point no.1 - the game starts to be no fun. Quick matches, days when you play good but loose all the time. WG has to understand that players, when they invest their time and money, they want to have fun. No one like loosing all afternoon after coming from work even if played solid, the game is too streaky at the moment and combined with crazy high RNG is a recipe for frustration soup. I can accept I am bad at the game and loose the game because of that, but its hard to swallow when you played good yet still lost. This game is by far the most frustrating from all the titles I have played (WOW pvp,SC2,LOL,DOTA2 etc.), yet I still believe this can be changed if the correct approach is taken quickly by WG.

I wish the game changes for better direction in 2020 - I have decided not to invest any money into this game and let my PT expire and see where this is going, but I do not hold much hope.....

Stevies_Team #8 Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14798 battles

Between WoT, Brexit, The general election, save the planet propaganda, liberal propaganda, child radicalisation propaganda and anti-democratic liberal fascists...

...WoT wins out every time thankyou

Blackadder83 #9 Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10152 battles

View PostThe_GooD_Old_One, on 04 December 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

As a relatively new player, I see many issues with the game at the moment and I can understand why the numbers of players are dropping. I love the concept and big fan of tanks, love the interactiveness and graphics, but game design need to be adjusted for this game to last.

1) This game is not balanced - look at the 15:2 and so matches. Tanks are not balanced and matches can snowball too much. Then WG instead of focusing those issues primarily, they churn out premiums on weekly basis - how is that gonna solve the balance in the game? No wonder WOT is nothing on esport scene - by far it is the most imbalanced game I have ever played. Game would gain SO much by developers focusing mainly on balance of things for entire year - even if that would cost not releasing premiums for a year, the players returning would make up for their time invested.

2) connected to point no.1 - the game starts to be no fun. Quick matches, days when you play good but loose all the time. WG has to understand that players, when they invest their time and money, they want to have fun. No one like loosing all afternoon after coming from work even if played solid, the game is too streaky at the moment and combined with crazy high RNG is a recipe for frustration soup. I can accept I am bad at the game and loose the game because of that, but its hard to swallow when you played good yet still lost. This game is by far the most frustrating from all the titles I have played (WOW pvp,SC2,LOL,DOTA2 etc.), yet I still believe this can be changed if the correct approach is taken quickly by WG.

I wish the game changes for better direction in 2020 - I have decided not to invest any money into this game and let my PT expire and see where this is going, but I do not hold much hope.....

This, exactly this! (inserts Thank you gif)

I come back to the game every few months, get one month of premium and after 15 days and nothing but a frustration, just want to uninstall it and never play it again. Massive lose streaks, playing with afk/bots/trolls, people losing won game on purpose.

Played last time in July and started again now, I can see that nothing is changed for the better and the queue times are longer than ever. 

Plus, the introduction of op wheelchairs that rendered camo and light tanks completely unusable ...

Edited by Blackadder83, 04 December 2019 - 01:02 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34502 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostRanzech, on 03 December 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

So don't. Go F2P and just be a meat puppet for everyone else to farm. We're good either way.

Crashzi #11 Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7643 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 03 December 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

Tell that to the declining player base.

quumies #12 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22711 battles

Once great game has fallen maybe too deep. Maybe 6-7 years ago they needed to prove that game is fun and really try to make great game better and better. Today player base is getting smaller and we can see it slowly fading away. Also WG sees that, so they try to make as much as money they can. Remember, this is business, not for fun.

What I have done. I still play daily only with tier x as always have. Havent drop a dime in about year. I am funding x games with selling tanks that I dont play. I think my garage will last maybe year or two. And after that this game is useless anyhow. So stop giving them money and lets leave with style. Full tier x garage isnt worth a dime when servers eventually close. It might be years ahead, but before that this isnt playable anymore. Wot is so big, that they arent keen on keeping servers up for handfull of players anyway.

novusim #13 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9804 battles

View PostThe_GooD_Old_One, on 04 December 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

My current opinion on the game summed up quite perfectly so I won't even try to match that, instead I just say thank you. Seems like I'm going to let PT expire this time around as well, even though I've played most of my time here with that.

Nothing points to WG actually even trying to balance the game, I won't count the "players want us to change special ammo, we'll just change everything else in the game except that" effort in futility..

rageman4u #14 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18842 battles

it is so obvious that wargaming is killing the quality of the game to earn more cash! The state of game is now with bunch of newbies playing tier 9 10 games.Have no clue where to go in maps!

Keep giving away more 5x 4x wargaming! We all know that the faster players grind their tanks,they will need more credits to spend for their new useless tanks.

so i have played 6 games and six defeats. In all these games it was disguisting with 1-6  2-15 games. Where you need a couple of unicums to change the tie of the game!

Now i logo out and watch a movie! May be helps me forget that how fool i am to spend to much time and money for this game!

Edited by rageman4u, 04 December 2019 - 08:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users