Reminder - Daily Advent Calendar Missions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Gruff_ #1 Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22668 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I missed the previous two, so remember when you look at the Advent Calendar in the garage there is a button to activate a fresh mission each day.

@WG Having the mission automatically appear so people don't miss out would be far more simple and user friendly...

Currently looking at a whole screen of missions and requirements, there must be a simpler less cluttered solution than the current mess of visiting sites to activate / vote and claim etc

Edited by Gruff_, 03 December 2019 - 07:29 PM.

FatigueGalaxy #2 Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22137 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostGruff_, on 03 December 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

I missed the previous two, so remember when you look at the Advent Calendar in the garage there is a button to activate a fresh mission each day.

@WG Having the mission automatically appear so people don't miss out would be far more simple and user friendly...

Currently looking at a whole screen of missions and requirements, there must be a simpler less cluttered solution than the current mess of visiting sites to activate / vote and claim etc

Yes, it would be more simple and user friendly. But then nobody would even look at their advertisement with today's advent calendar offer...

Sure, they could provide rewards automatically for tank rewards but then everybody would get them and that's not the goal. They want you to get more involved, instead just playing some battles and getting some rewards automatically. If not that reward web page most players wouldn't even know what they are getting. Of course, players who don't get involved get nothing so WG can provide better rewards. I mean when was last time WG gave everybody a week of premium or tier 7 premium tank? They did it this way knowing that (relatively) not a lot of players will claim those rewards.

And for players - maybe it's a bit of a hassle but I appreciate that I can choose what do I get - I can get whichever premium consumables or equipment I'm needing at the moment or which reserves I need more - more hours of 200% which are better for skilled crews (you'll get overall more XP out of them) or a few less hours of 300% which are perfect for fresh or retrained crews - you can go from 90% to 100% in a ~1 hour so there's no need to retrain for gold. Having a choice is always good.

Gruff_ #3 Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22668 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 03 December 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

Yes, it would be more simple and user friendly. But then nobody would even look at their advertisement with today's advent calendar offer...

Sure, they could provide rewards automatically for tank rewards but then everybody would get them and that's not the goal. They want you to get more involved, instead just playing some battles and getting some rewards automatically. If not that reward web page most players wouldn't even know what they are getting. Of course, players who don't get involved get nothing so WG can provide better rewards. I mean when was last time WG gave everybody a week of premium or tier 7 premium tank? They did it this way knowing that (relatively) not a lot of players will claim those rewards.

And for players - maybe it's a bit of a hassle but I appreciate that I can choose what do I get - I can get whichever premium consumables or equipment I'm needing at the moment or which reserves I need more - more hours of 200% which are better for skilled crews (you'll get overall more XP out of them) or a few less hours of 300% which are perfect for fresh or retrained crews - you can go from 90% to 100% in a ~1 hour so there's no need to retrain for gold. Having a choice is always good.

I checked the advent as I'm foolishly waiting for a bargain, but totally missed the mission button two days running as it didn't jumpout at me.

Being involved and choosing is fine to an extent.  Personally I would prefer to do all this within the garage, even if it's some mini web popup than have to keep visiting whatever new web website they come up with externally to the game. 

I imagine there are many people who don't have a clue what all these tokens are for, and generally I find the mission structure/layouts difficult to understand.  Last month I was asking a friend what tank they were going toclaim from eurewards and they didn't know anything about this mission nor as it turns out did 75% of his clan mates who are all daily players but don't frequent the forums. 

Weekend bonuses for an example it just used to be listed what was what, now you have to click each little picture the whole thing is too convoluted.

Echotun #4 Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22586 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1
Needing to accept these missions seems quite silly and totally unneccessary. This is not something that needs overcomplicating. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users