complete tragedy - tier X battles

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Kabaniarz #1 Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 45334 battles

Makes me wonder if wargaming ever thought  (moneywise apart - obviously) whats gonna happen when all those unexperienced poor souls rushing to tier X using their blueprints will show up completely unprepared.

Whats happening now in tier X battles is an absolute clown fiesta...majority of battles last for 5 minutes at best with half of the team dead after 2 minutes.

But the bank account is full and us - experienced players take full enjoyment from participating. Keep it up!

Edited by Kabaniarz, 04 December 2019 - 01:59 PM.

MightyBalls_2 #2 Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7977 battles
  • [MITY] MITY

Yeah I do not play tier X because it's either YOLO and hope they stay alive from the YOLO or a complete camp fest on A1.

I use to love Tier X, especially with tanks like the 907, E50M T50/51 but nowadays I stick to tier IX.

Plus them games where there are 3 EBRs on each side... HHHMMMMMmmmmmm I love them games the most!

Edited by MightyBalls_2, 04 December 2019 - 02:02 PM.

MrEdweird #3 Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 23168 battles
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-

You're talking about a topic that has existed in the game since tier X was first introduced.

And the games look about the same to me.

fwhaatpiraat #4 Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60189 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostMrEdweird, on 04 December 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

You're talking about a topic that has existed in the game since tier X was first introduced.

Exactly. Boat loads of players maybe needed 2x as long to reach tier X, but still massively suck. They just don't realize they are playing at a level that doesn't match their own skill level. 

Playing at tier X doesn't make you a good player, but many good players do play at tier X, making it hard for less experienced/skilled players. Which might be a good thing, because the other tiers are more playable because of that.

Kabaniarz #5 Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 45334 battles

View PostMrEdweird, on 04 December 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

Surely as a moderator you have to defend the game, as much as it takes. And the theory that the game hasnt changed? Peeps feel free to comment

Balc0ra #6 Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74388 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostKabaniarz, on 04 December 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

Makes me wonder if wargaming ever thought  (moneywise apart - obviously) whats gonna happen when all those unexperienced poor souls rushing to tier X using their blueprints will show up completely unprepared.

The only people that benefit from blueprints are those that already have several tier X's. No one is gonna rush tiers faster with no complete lines and only get prints for their line only. They might save 20 games on the tier 9 at best.

As what you explain was there even before blueprints. It's why most don't play only tier X tbh.

View PostKabaniarz, on 04 December 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Surely as a moderator you have to defend the game, as much as it takes. And the theory that the game hasnt changed? Peeps feel free to comment

No he speaks as a player, not a moderator. As again, issue has always been there. If you never did see it until after the blueprints came. Then you were more lucky with tier X MM then most. As we have had topics like this for years.

As saying tier X always had issues is not defending it tbh.

Edited by Balc0ra, 04 December 2019 - 02:26 PM.

MrEdweird #7 Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 23168 battles
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-

View PostKabaniarz, on 04 December 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

My role as a moderator is irrelevant to the subject. (And saying this cheapens your argument somewhat.)

The game is designed in such a way that the difficulty of progressing up the tiers is supposed to be there.

You're basically saying that the game is bad cause you can't always take it easy as a new player.

Except you can.

WG themselves have recommended on multiple occasions that playing tiers 5-6 is much better for you if you wish to have a steady credit income as a new player and those are the tiers you should be playing as a new player anyways, in order to gain experience. A big part of being an experienced player is not necessarily being a good one, but one who knows their limits and what they are best at (and knowing which tier matches their skill as previously mentioned). The experience of hitting a brick wall and failing repeatedly is what makes you experienced. If you want to remove that so that you can feel safe in your top-tier tank, then I'm sorry but I can't agree with you at all because that's basically dumbing down the game. There's also countless help resources, this forum, the wiki, in-game chat, literally any of dozens of resources you can use to make an educated decision on how to play the game the very moment you begin to struggle.

The only way to stop being a "new player" is to face the difficulty you speak of. Otherwise you will sit in your low-tier tanks and learn nothing new.

And by saying this, I am defending the game, to cover your other comment.

As far as the game changing, this is inevitable, and irreplacable. The game must change in order to remain interesting. Adapting to those changes is also what makes you an experienced player and I believe you should understand this well.

Kabaniarz #8 Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 45334 battles

View PostMrEdweird, on 04 December 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

My role as a moderator is irrelevant to the subject. (And saying this cheapens your argument.)

The game is designed in such a way that the difficulty of progressing up the tiers is supposed to be there.

You're basically saying that the game is bad cause you can't always take it easy as a new player.

Except you can.

WG themselves have recommended on multiple occasions that playing tiers 5-6 is much better for you if you wish to have a steady credit income as a new player and those are the tiers you should be playing as a new player anyways, in order to gain experience. A big part of being an experienced player is not necessarily being a good one, but one who knows their limits and what they are best at. The experience of hitting a brick wall and failing repeatedly is what makes you an experienced player. If you want to remove that so that you can feel safe in your top-tier tank, then I'm sorry but I can't agree with you at all because that's basically dumbing down the game.

The only way to stop being a "new player" is to face the difficulty you speak of. Otherwise you will sit in your low-tier tanks and learn nothing new.

Im sorry but what the WG has recommended and whats the actual reality in the game - those are two completely different things. So seeing all those "people" in tier X battle unable to make any effort - have they actually listened to what WG has recommended?? Being in the team usually as the best one I dont feel anymore like I can be the crucial factor to win it and this is wrong since the start. And there is many many reasons behind that, with having basically no support being just one of them. The game is in a steady decline in its current state. amount of subscriptions is getting lower but for some poeple the game look about the same...

MrEdweird #9 Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 23168 battles
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-

View PostKabaniarz, on 04 December 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

Im sorry but what the WG has recommended and whats the actual reality in the game - those are two completely different things. So seeing all those "people" in tier X battle unable to make any effort - have they actually listened to what WG has recommended?? Being in the team usually as the best one I dont feel anymore like I can be the crucial factor to win it and this is wrong since the start. And there is many many reasons behind that, with having basically no support being just one of them. The game is in a steady decline in its current state. amount of subscriptions is getting lower but for some poeple the game look about the same...

Nope, not seeing it. There's always been games where you either feel completely inadequate or that it's too easy. I don't see that having changed.

24doom24 #10 Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8715 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
Tier 10 is in a sad state nowadays. So much more fun to play at low tiers:playing:

Echotun #11 Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22687 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

Its pretty difficult to compare like this, was it better before, the same, or worse. Memory, nostalgia, personal experience etc all comes into play. Im much better at recognizing teammates, good or bad, making wrong plays now then I was 10k games ago. Im also much better at seeing what I should have done better in a given match. 

The game looked easier before, because my knowlegde of it was significantly lower. Even if I am far from playing perfect, I feel I can generally see how much more I *could have* done. 

And if you dont use xvm you will not see how bad it really is. Its not just high tiers, and I dont think the issue is the new players. It is the veterans who peaked years ago at an abysmal level, but keeps getting more and more tanks. People who blame their bad results on aimbots, rng, match maker, WoT hates me concpiracy theories (<true story). In other word players that refuse to even try to improve, because they have somehow managed to convince themselves that they are not the problem, or accountable for their own success or failure. 
Its quite sad.  

Edited by Echotun, 04 December 2019 - 04:16 PM.

Stevies_Team #12 Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14810 battles
I'm biased against 9 and 10 so won't comment but if these tiers are no good for you 6 to 8 can still offer lots of WoT fun

Echotun #13 Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22687 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1
My favorite tier is 9 currently. 7-8 is fine. Rest I dont enjoy nearly as much. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users