Jump to content


Text dissapears... Chat ban?


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

gunslingerXXX #1 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:43 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13170 battles
  • 3,515
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

So as of yesterday it seems that I cannot type in chat anymore, not in game and not in general chat in the garage (for testing of course...). After typing my message I press 'enter' or 'send' and nothing happens, my text just vanishes...

Last time when I got a chatban :harp: I received an email and upon typing in chat I got a message stating until when my ban lasted.

This time however no message at all, my text just goes away...

 

Have I gone too far this time? Or is this a bug?

 

Vanilla client, so no mods at work.

 

Anyone else experienced the same?



FrantisekBascovansky #2 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 33033 battles
  • 847
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018
Try ON/OFF the client.

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:56 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34897 battles
  • 4,150
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 04 December 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

So as of yesterday it seems that I cannot type in chat anymore, not in game and not in general chat in the garage (for testing of course...). After typing my message I press 'enter' or 'send' and nothing happens, my text just vanishes...

Last time when I got a chatban :harp: I received an email and upon typing in chat I got a message stating until when my ban lasted.

This time however no message at all, my text just goes away...

 

Have I gone too far this time? Or is this a bug?

 

Vanilla client, so no mods at work.

 

Anyone else experienced the same?

 

Same happened to me a few days ago...then I typed in clan chat and the ban message popped up, no reason given, no email. Just chatbanned...for two weeks.



gunslingerXXX #4 Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:04 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13170 battles
  • 3,515
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 04 December 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

 

Same happened to me a few days ago...then I typed in clan chat and the ban message popped up, no reason given, no email. Just chatbanned...for two weeks.

Thanks, clan chat worked (good thing I have a private clan :trollface:).

5 day chat ban :bush:



TheDrownedApe #5 Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:07 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 50386 battles
  • 6,506
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
Yeah this happened to me too. All of a sudden couldn't chat, send messages etc. Tried vanilla and still nothing. Then the next day after relogging I get the message informing me of a ban. Was weird but then I'm used to chat bans

Homer_J #6 Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:29 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 32940 battles
  • 36,139
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

The chat system has had a few issues.  We had no clan chat this morning and I couldn't block ping spammers for a couple of battles.

 

Could be worth raising a ticket if you still have issues.

 

Check your event log (where battle results etc. get posted) and see if there is a chat initialisation failure message.



gunslingerXXX #7 Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:40 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13170 battles
  • 3,515
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View PostHomer_J, on 04 December 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

The chat system has had a few issues.  We had no clan chat this morning and I couldn't block ping spammers for a couple of battles.

 

Could be worth raising a ticket if you still have issues.

 

Check your event log (where battle results etc. get posted) and see if there is a chat initialisation failure message.

Thanks, issues are probably in the notification side. Found out thanks to Neko that I'm banned till Friday, if there is still a problem on Saturday I will ask support.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users