Do you miss the "all chat"?

chat all chat poll

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you miss the "all chat" & would you like it to be added back? (244 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you miss the "all chat" & would you like it to be added back?

1. Yes (135 votes [55.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.33%

2. No (109 votes [44.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.67%

Vote Hide poll

sgtYester #121 Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58339 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 05 December 2019 - 03:24 AM, said:

So why not just make it so people who are not interested in the "all chat" just have an option to disable it? I can't really see a reason to remove a feature cause some people don't want it rather than just letting those people disable it for themself instead of disabling it for everyone.

You don't get any advantage over having it on, other than being able to chat and if it had a censor system that disabled player positions, you wouldn't miss out on anything.

Also, all games have whining and toxicity in their chats, but no game removes the chat that I know of cause it's part of the community, and if you don't like it, why not just disable it? rather than forcing people who like it to also not have the ability to use it.
I still know a lot I've lost from it, I can't platoon up with people I've met and talked to on the enemy team, I can't have the joy of telling jokes to the enemy team, I can't have the extra satisfaction of killing an enemy that has been acting better than our team the whole game, I can't see the reaction of people I kill in very unexpected ways or just plain hilarious ways and so on.

I can't honestly think really of any games that don't allow you to chat with the enemy team. Especially not a game that has had the feature from the beginning but then removed it.

no,

to many idiots reveal ur position again and again to the enemy

and it really did not add that much.

80% toxic 20% ok/fun.  so no, dont bring it back

NUKLEAR_SLUG #122 Posted 08 December 2019 - 11:09 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35310 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postmonthey_, on 07 December 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

I miss global chat a lot too. it is a shame how WG decided to use a blunt removel instead of a smart solution, Banter is as high as ever in team chat to day anyway, so nothing changed there and the game became really boring instead. Why not add the option to block teamplayers to use Global chat once they misbehave like revealing positions after 2-3 reports from teamplayers?

Great idea. See that purple player on my team who's clearly far better than me? I'm jealous of his stats so I'll just report him for giving team positions away. And that scout who won't go die for me so I can put in one shot from my safe camping spot on the redline here. He can have a report too. Won't take long for a few people like me to get them banned and that'll teach them to respect me..

View Postmonthey_, on 07 December 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

Should be a smarter way to manage the global chat abuse than just lazyly removing it as WG did.

Maybe, but your solution isn't any smarter and at least the one WG implemented fixes the problem and doesn't make it worse.

Draqutsc #123 Posted 08 December 2019 - 11:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21717 battles

All chat should be only for death people. Like the death can chat to each other, but they can't chat to the living.

And platoons counts as a whole meaning the entire platoon needs to be death before they can communicate in the all chat.

But that would mean losing to ability to communicate with the living players, which is probably fine.

Rustybum #124 Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10348 battles

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 07 December 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

Just enough with your pitiable excuses. You don't know every single person in this world, just stop.

Wow, someone got out of bed on the wrong side. Ever considered the word 'constructive' when being in a discussion? 

Catn1p #125 Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1388 battles
It looks like todays world as usual.
A bunch of tender skinned speshul snowflakes can’t take the cross team chat and instead of disabling it for themselves they come cryin’ that if they don’t like it then nobody can have it.
And that dead players giving up positions bull crapola; WG could have disabled chat for dead comerades just like that, no questions asked.
But hey, if I don’t have fun why should anyone have fun. Right?

Edited by Catn1p, 08 December 2019 - 10:22 PM.

Blubba #126 Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 61378 battles

Read through this the other day and I wondered. Just how much crap is now directed at your own team as has been claimed.

How often do you see it?

I've played a few games this weekend and I've seen it three times. The vile stuff that is. Yeah I've seen the odd comment like "Thanks for the support" etc but it's nothing like what we used to get.

I'm sure I must be the exception that breaks the rule because I KNOW I'm not that good not to get shouted at like so many others are but hey, long may it continue for me like this.

For the record, I sincerely hope you don't get cancer. I hope your  kids are fine and hope your mum is still a virgin...and be excellent to one another.

GodTank2 #127 Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9108 battles
  • [RF_] RF_
I dont believe the problem was toxicity but more so players griefing by giving out locations of players / giving information on your team to the enemy team, that was the frustrating part of all chat.

wEight_Tanker #128 Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11791 battles
  • [D_L_Z] D_L_Z

View PostFoolish_Person, on 08 December 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

Wow, someone got out of bed on the wrong side. Ever considered the word 'constructive' when being in a discussion? 

You're not getting out of that one easily, mate, I'm afraid. Re-read the previous posts and think.

tajj7 #129 Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28904 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSteeleye_Spam, on 05 December 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

If you want to say something nice to the opposition, you can message them after the game. 

Very true, happens rarely but I do it myself from time to time, had a good game yesterday winning a 1 v 5 and the enemy Tiger player sent me a message saying well played after the game. 

11:36 Added after 0 minute

View PostGodTank2, on 08 December 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

I dont believe the problem was toxicity but more so players griefing by giving out locations of players / giving information on your team to the enemy team, that was the frustrating part of all chat.

Considering you could opt out of all chat and avoid the toxicity, it seems pretty logical this was the reason it went. 

Snagfang #130 Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14147 battles

Block Quote

So why not just make it so people who are not interested in the "all chat" just have an option to disable it? I can't really see a reason to remove a feature cause some people don't want it rather than just letting those people disable it for themself instead of disabling it for everyone.

You don't get any advantage over having it on, other than being able to chat and if it had a censor system that disabled player positions, you wouldn't miss out on anything.

... except there was another down side to cross communication between teams, and that was it could be used alert the position of team members to the opposition, and frequenty was. Face it, in a 'community' such as the one this game seems to attract, there is no safe way to implement it. It wouldn't work because it would be abused and was probably got rid of for the same reasons as team damage.

monthey_ #131 Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42078 battles
  • [MAROC] MAROC

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 08 December 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

Great idea. See that purple player on my team who's clearly far better than me? I'm jealous of his stats so I'll just report him for giving team positions away. And that scout who won't go die for me so I can put in one shot from my safe camping spot on the redline here. He can have a report too. Won't take long for a few people like me to get them banned and that'll teach them to respect me..

Maybe, but your solution isn't any smarter and at least the one WG implemented fixes the problem and doesn't make it worse.

Perhaps you're right, or not, I dont know. Fact is, Global chat was fun and should be back and it is up to WG to try harder to come up with a better solution than this.

UserZer00 #132 Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13656 battles
Actions WG shouldn't have done, but "Oh well"
- introducing gold ammo for silver
- introducing the 1st OPd premium tanks
- selling tanks that they said would never be for sale
- removing the cross team chat

The list goes on

It's up to us to adapt or choose to play something else (for a while? forever?...up to you)

Doesn't mean we can't hope though ;)

Robbie_T #133 Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21085 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Yes and No

Was sometimes fun a lot more talking in game.

But was verry annoying when people told the enemy where there teammates where on the map.

But nowadays aint gonna work...becuase the people who F it up have there chat off so they can do what ever they want .

Venom7000 #134 Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7932 battles

That feature was doomed from the start. In any game with this option, you are bound to have angry kids revealing your location. 

1ucky #135 Posted 24 December 2019 - 07:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89811 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

Insults are one thing, but giving out team deployment info, player position coordinates, gun aiming direction, HP/damage info etc, that's just not ok.

Hence no need to miss the Traitors/Losers Chat.

Send your compliments via Garage Chat if necessary. 

OllieCromwell #136 Posted 24 December 2019 - 09:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46174 battles
  • [GENB] GENB
Hmm... in all honesty I only miss it for the exact reason that it was  removed for :hiding:

burbage1 #137 Posted 24 December 2019 - 10:43 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1297 battles
Don't miss it. And I have team chat turned off too. I'd also like to see dead teammates blocked from pinging the map.

Rataplan #138 Posted 24 December 2019 - 11:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20312 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

According to me the chat (both team and all chat) need only two things to be viable:

- stop repeated pinging

- the dead can't talk, so they shouldn't be able to

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #139 Posted 24 December 2019 - 11:55 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21515 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
My idea always was, to fix the reporting of positions to enemy team. By banning A4, B1, F9 words etc as well as keywords "south" "west" "bottom" "left" "cap" etc. A smart person could filter those words and derivates (for example, ban all numbers and words that are numbers and words close to numbers like "f0ur") if he/she took few days of effort. Also, each such input could and SHOULD be heavily penalized :) with automatic chat script sent to WG employees.

OR just allow dead-to-dead and alive-to-dead people chat no matter the team. Basically - the dead wouldn't be able to talk to their leftover alive teammates.

m1x_angelico #140 Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26838 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO
So... any chance of getting the all chat back again for a week, as a test run?

Also tagged with chat, all chat, poll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users