Do you miss the "all chat"?

chat all chat poll

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you miss the "all chat" & would you like it to be added back? (246 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you miss the "all chat" & would you like it to be added back?

1. Yes (137 votes [55.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.69%

2. No (109 votes [44.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.31%

Vote Hide poll

Caprias #141 Posted 24 December 2019 - 09:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12990 battles
  • [KNATA] KNATA

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 05 December 2019 - 03:39 AM, said:

The problem was that negatives out-weighed the positives when it came to chat.

The banter could be amusing, but then there was the racist abuse against certain nations, the wishing of nasty diseases on players and their families, the insults around incest, the revealing of team positions by those who died early, or who died and wanted the battle to end. 

And bear in mind that this game is rated for a very wide age group, 13 upwards.

Many of the offending players probably thought like the OP, that is the Internet, any thing goes on the Internet. Well, no, it doesn't. Nobody should be subjected to insults and threats just because its the Internet. 

So the loss of something that may have contributed to fun in the game has to laid at the door of the players who could not control their actions. As often the case in life, the few ruined it for the majority. Yes as Nuclear Slug says, it is 100% the fault of the players, albeit a small minority of them. 

And the teamchat is any better? lol.

Honestly i thought since WG is a russian company they wouldn't have this "ouch my feelings are hurt" mentality but guess i was wrong :/

If there was 1% funny banter and 99% abuse/insults etc. i still lost 1% funny banter and gained nothing because just after my first few days of online gaming i learned not to give a damn about those things ever, nowadays i even laugh about n-word and kys stuff just because it is stupidly bold..

Edited by Caprias, 24 December 2019 - 09:13 PM.

m1x_angelico #142 Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27997 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostCaprias, on 24 December 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

Honestly i thought since WG is a russian company they wouldn't have this "ouch my feelings are hurt" mentality but guess i was wrong :/

If there was 1% funny banter and 99% abuse/insults etc. i still lost 1% funny banter and gained nothing because just after my first few days of online gaming i learned not to give a damn about those things ever, nowadays i even laugh about n-word and kys stuff just because it is stupidly bold..

Exactomundo. Any reasoning used for all-chat is the same for team chat, and yet we still have team chat, meaning that these arguments are absurd.

Bora_BOOM #143 Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31318 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Some of you here are clearly missing all the stupid chit-chat, insults and tank positions revealed by the allies?

The removal of all-chat and team damage are the two best things done in this game for a long time and should never come back.

Whether someone has used them in such bad manner or not is irrelevant, those two things are on the top of the list of toxicity tools in this game.

Ratriq #144 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBora_BOOM, on 25 December 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

Some of you here are clearly missing all the stupid chit-chat, insults and tank positions revealed by the allies?

The removal of all-chat and team damage are the two best things done in this game for a long time and should never come back.

Whether someone has used them in such bad manner or not is irrelevant, those two things are on the top of the list of toxicity tools in this game.

Positions, as many times said before, can easily be fixed by either try to censor the chat where it's almost no chance that positions could be leaked effectively or add a heavy chat ban if caught giving away player positions 1-2 years.
Again, as far as toxicity goes, just turn off the chat or as WG should have done, censor all bad stuff, hell I'd be more than happy to have the chat in a version where swearing is censored rather than no chat at all, which they still haven't done.

Just the other day I had my team joke about the holocaust and concentration camps where teammates should go, the chat clearly hasn't been given any kind of restrictions which is why it is as toxic as it is.

DangerMouse #145 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 31359 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
The last thing we need is players getting distracted trying to insult the enemy in chat, most barley manage to follow whats going on as it is, if you want to spend your time throwing insults then go play COD on your XBOX.

Interdiction #146 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4362 battles
No i do not miss it one bit ..It was TOXIC 

Bora_BOOM #147 Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31318 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostRatriq, on 25 December 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

Positions, as many times said before, can easily be fixed by either try to censor the chat where it's almost no chance that positions could be leaked effectively or add a heavy chat ban if caught giving away player positions 1-2 years.
Again, as far as toxicity goes, just turn off the chat or as WG should have done, censor all bad stuff, hell I'd be more than happy to have the chat in a version where swearing is censored rather than no chat at all, which they still haven't done.

Just the other day I had my team joke about the holocaust and concentration camps where teammates should go, the chat clearly hasn't been given any kind of restrictions which is why it is as toxic as it is.

So what is left after your suggestion is easily done in PM.

Anyhow, you can turn off the chat anyways. Censoring? In how many languages? Also, there are things like 4ss, Di@k...

You got the idea.

Isharial #148 Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24665 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRatriq, on 25 December 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

and how do you propose they do that in the 2000+ languages that exist in the world? 

how you propose a system differentiates the context of what is said? you cant just blanket ban every word in "last player at C2" as those words and nunbers are used for more than just being a entitled "player"

add a heavy chat ban? that's really going to end it? I doubt it. 

Censoring is a difficult thing in a game with so many variations on language and words which are "bad" in one language are not in others. 

"turning off chat" is like turning a blind eye to a mugger mugging an old lady, its not good nor acceptable. 

View PostCaprias, on 24 December 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

1% is not worth the effort bringing it back. 

the language used was not acceptable and its gone, end of....

it was the trash talking players that made WG take those steps, don't blame WG for it, its your own doing.

Venatacia #149 Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38441 battles

Personally the game felt empty when chat got taken away. I didn't care about the toxic behaviour because it's the internet and well, just don't be offended and take things personally. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" seems to be lost these days with the easily offended generation. Working on a building site most of my life teaches you not to get offended or else you are easy pray. Most people may have a rage moment and say bad things but after a match it's all forgotten. I miss the banter with the enemy.

m1x_angelico #150 Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27997 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO
If all you are saying is true, then why do we still have the team chat, where all this toxicity is also possible?

Reroll_Noob_DK #151 Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1026 battles
  • [LVPUH] LVPUH
I vote for no, because I am one of those toxic players, who like to talk shiet, when not in the mood and when hates, how others play. Sometimes it feels bad, when cant chat with opponent team, if I see someone, who I know, but than...there is bunch of players who like to talk shiet ( as mentioned before: me ) and also betray their own team. But guess what, playes have led this game sooo far that we cant even damage our own team. Thanks. That sucks. It was a bit closer to more realistic gaming. 

Also tagged with chat, all chat, poll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users