Do you miss the "all chat"?

chat all chat poll

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you miss the "all chat" & would you like it to be added back? (244 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you miss the "all chat" & would you like it to be added back?

1. Yes (135 votes [55.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.33%

2. No (109 votes [44.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.67%

Vote Hide poll

Spurtung #21 Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:02 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76355 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostMightyBalls_2, on 05 December 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

I do not miss the chat because it use to be toxic, but I do miss telling the arty I am coming for them when they have been focusing me all game!

As opposed to now, where all you read in chat is useful and not toxic at all, right?

At least back then toxicity would mostly aim the enemy team...

Balc0ra #22 Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74989 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
At times. I kinda do. As in the reactions when you blind fire someone and the rage starts. But 7 out 10 times that chat was used to layout grid locations when you did try to carry the game in a 1 vs 3. Usually from the one that died yoloing 6 guns alone expecting me to help. Don't miss that part. And you can now do your late game stuff in peace.

MightyBalls_2 #23 Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9679 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

View PostSpurtung, on 05 December 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

As opposed to now, where all you read in chat is useful and not toxic at all, right?

At least back then toxicity would mostly aim the enemy team...

Did I say the chat was not toxic now? no... I said I do not miss it because it was very toxic, even more so than now!

Spurtung #24 Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76355 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostMightyBalls_2, on 05 December 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

Did I say the chat was not toxic now? no... I said I do not miss it because it was very toxic, even more so than now!

When you say "I do not miss it because it used to be toxic", it implies you don't find it to be toxic now, even if you don't say that directly.

Sorry for apparently misunderstanding your words.

Homer_J #25 Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:38 AM

Field Marshal

• 33176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Yes, I miss having another 15 players to have a laugh with and I don't think it did anything to reduce toxicity, it just pushed it all into team chat.

You could always turn chat off if you didn't like it.  And I can think of many ways to handle it which would have been better for the community as a whole.

DuncaN_101 #26 Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:44 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57084 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
This has been discussed many times before.
Sadly its not comming back.

But let's face it... Removing it didn't do anything to reduce the toxicity in game at all. It's still a cesspool

prskanje #27 Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5267 battles
  • [NCTRL] NCTRL
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: bring back the all-chat, but SPLIT the comms between alive tanks and destroyed tanks. A good portion of toxicity will be gone with that system.

An example is any CS 1.6 online server, so go figure.

Spurtung #28 Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76355 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View Postprskanje, on 05 December 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: bring back the all-chat, but SPLIT the comms between alive tanks and destroyed tanks. A good portion of toxicity will be gone with that system.

An example is any CS 1.6 online server, so go figure.

Good solution. Dead tanks can't cross chat to enemy team. Done.

Toxicity levels drop a little, and good banter returns.

Ratriq #29 Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6419 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDuncaN_101, on 05 December 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

This has been discussed many times before.
Sadly its not comming back.

But let's face it... Removing it didn't do anything to reduce the toxicity in game at all. It's still a cesspool

Indeed but one can only hope, it's just a bit sad cause usual wargaming style they just lazily flat out removed all chat instead of trying to fix it: There are so many fixes that could fix the complaints.
1. Make a censoring system which prevents calling out playing locations and reduces harsh toxicity.
2. Just make it so dead players are greyed out in all chat and the players that are currently alive can't see the dead players chatting until they are dead themself.
3. Or just if Wargaming feel lazy enough, just flat out remove the ability for dead players to chat.

09:51 Added after 7 minute

View Postneutrophil, on 05 December 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

No, sometimes a pissed off teammate would give away positions to the enemy in all-chat. 

While this is an actual issue I can agree with, it first off was in my experience a quite rare thing and even then it often just made a battle end quicker cause 19/20 times the people who had their position revealed was still going to lose. Even then, on top of that, it's only saying at what area the player is cause artys and other enemy tanks still don't know the exact hiding spot the player is at so they still have to spot you.

Also while this is an issue, not the biggest one but still an issue, there is such an easy fix for this:
1. Make a censoring system which prevents calling out playing locations and reduces harsh toxicity.
2. Just make it so dead players are greyed out in all chat and the players that are currently alive can't see the dead players chatting until they are dead themself.
3. Or just if Wargaming feel lazy enough, just flat out remove the ability for dead players to chat.

But wargaming, of course, didn't bother to fix the chat, instead they just flat out removed it.

Flicka #30 Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23584 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

It was disabled because it was the easiest thing to do to remove giving up positions, if it had anything to do with toxicity to lower skilled players or their nationality why do we have the anonymizer now?

For all saying that removing chat in team and adding anonymizer will make the game seem less human, removing the cross team chat did that long ago.

Put in anonymizer and bring back the cross team chat, and just make the bans for revealing teammates position harsh, these "people" will never learn if they do not get punished enough for their trespasses.

And btw, "fu team" is the most used thing in chat, so yeah….good job there.

UserZer00 #31 Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13669 battles
Add it back with features to auto ban (permanent) anyone who:
- refers to a disease
- swears (or at least swears repeatedly)
- Gives out map coordinates
- insults
- does anything that tries to bypass any of the above rules

Within a week after re- introducing the chat it will be empty of all chat except for the occasional "gl hf" and "gg"

Karasu_Hidesuke #32 Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17301 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
I miss it. Not always, but it was sometimes a fun addition to the game. I think the game's lost something when they removed it, and less is not always more. The banter sure was fun at times. Only having team chat and garage 'chat' has not stopped the... less friendly or bright crowd...:sceptic: from adding their input.

CmdRatScabies #33 Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:39 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I miss it.  I was much better at the chat mini game than the real game.
10:41 Added after 2 minute

View PostFlicka, on 05 December 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

It was disabled because it was the easiest thing to do to remove giving up positions,

Na.  It was all the toxic sledging of the red team that got it banned.  Damn good fun trying to put the red team off their game though.

tajj7 #34 Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28939 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Don't really miss it and not bothered either way if it comes back. Getting called a cheater or a hacker just because you killed someone is funny for a bit but gets old after a while. 

I am looking forward to anonymiser to be honest, with that I would probably be fine with all chat back as that will make more difference, at the moment I am getting lots of PMs after games from butt hurt team members just because I didn't carry them to victories, cos you know you have a go at the guy with the highest damage on the team, not the 4 people who literally did nothing.

Having said that I did get a GG from a player yesterday after a game in my Super Hellcat which was nice, but also very rare, most of the time if a I see a PM pop up it's from some teammate calling me an ebay account or something because I didn't do 7k damage and carry them, or it's someone moaning about premium ammo. 

sorryimpissd #35 Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5652 battles
I can be a bit of a wonker after a few drinks, gobby, think I'm smart in chat - so no, leave it as it is, less chance for idiots like me to get ourselves chatbanned...again....

Gkirmathal #36 Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8602 battles
  • [2VTD] 2VTD

View Postneutrophil, on 05 December 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

No, sometimes a pissed off teammate would give away positions to the enemy in all-chat. 

and that...in theory could have been easily fixed, by added a new fully separate chat channel, where every player is moved to after being destroyed: the KIA (killed in action) chat.

Make al this, the global/team/new KIA chat, optional in the setting for those who don't want to chat at all. Presto...

But it was (probably) much easier for WG (read much cheaper) to just disable the global chat, then to have to code in a new feature (move player after destroyed > KIA chat) into a chat server that was very wonky and prone to issues back then.

barison1 #37 Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 45250 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

glad it is gone, the ammount of times allies giving away my position just because i didnt play like they wanted me to or plain dont want to wait longer for the batlle to end. bunch games lost to that when it could been won as element of surprise was ruined

apart from that most was plain crying cheater to the other or swearing

Enherjaren #38 Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 72463 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

Yeah, totally miss your 46% "team mates" giving away your positions after they yolod and died!

I guess those are the same people that miss all chat. Playing derp tanks or arty and then taunting the guy you just clicked yeah that was sooo much fun!

Edited by Enherjaren, 05 December 2019 - 12:41 PM.

tajj7 #39 Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28939 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postbarison1, on 05 December 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

glad it is gone, the ammount of times allies giving away my position just because i didnt play like they wanted me to or plain dont want to wait longer for the batlle to end. bunch games lost to that when it could been won as element of surprise was ruined

apart from that most was plain crying cheater to the other or swearing

Yeh to be honest it's a bit like team damage going, pretty much both these 'tools' were used by toxic players who were generally bad at the game to impact the games of people who they (wrongly) think either caused them to die or were not playing the way they wanted them to play.

Player not suicide scouting for them?, team damage them, player sniped instead of rushing across the map to save me from the stupid position I got myself in? Give their position away in chat.

Team damage, all chat and in game stats all pretty much were tools exploited by toxic a-holes, and its good after 1.7 that pretty much all will be gone. We can play the game in peace without armchair Rommel's wanting to ruin our games just because we didn't do play the way they wanted. 

DrzavniUdar #40 Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2891 battles
  • [SAM] SAM

View PostMightyBalls_2, on 05 December 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

I do not miss the chat because it use to be toxic, but I do miss telling the arty I am coming for them when they have been focusing me all game!

that's why i miss all chat. There is nothing like my target crying because i play best vehicle class

Also tagged with chat, all chat, poll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users