What is it about people and statistics in this game?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Scaleop123 #1 Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5670 battles
[removed]

Anyway...

What is it about people and statistics in this game?

I get that it might be interesting for some hardcore players to have an eye on their statistics such as accuracy or what not, but to use mods that show you who has what statistics during a match and then write stuff like "OMG we are going to lose this match" is just absolutely mental and not even true most of the time !

I also don't understand how a winrate that strictly depends from LOSS or VICTORY says much about your personal skill? I am playing with randoms only and even though I do some nice damage sometimes, I will still get a defeat thrown in to my face because 2 players are AFK and 3 others ones play their light tanks like an artillery with wings and unicorn crew standing in the corner of the map not moving at all.

Don't get me wrong, I know what statistics are, I know how statistics are calculated and I know that statistics can indeed help to evaluate ones skill to a certain extend...but to fanatically focus on statistics as some clans do, is just not fun, how can people enjoy this if they literally go through the roof because one lost match will put their winrate down for a little?

This is a game and nobody in the real world gives a flying F.. if you have good or bad statistics, you are still nothing and WoT statistics won't bring you in to the books of history nor will anyone in the real world respect you for that.

When I see people with extremely good statistics I only know " Oh, this is someone you have to avoid, not a fun dude to play with " even though this statement might not always be true, it mostly is. I am playing this game since over 6 years by now, this being my third account ( dont ask why ), I have played in many clans and with many players, the statistics fanatics are always the ones to avoid for me. Let it be because I suck, let it be because to me this is still just a game, or let it be because I am in my late twenties and can not understand why some people throw such a tantrum about a Free2Play video game.

My advise: Just play and enjoy the game and if you enjoy brushing up your statistics, stop being a jerk to other players because of it.

[removed]

Edited by Homer_J, 05 December 2019 - 09:38 PM.
Removed content

RamRaid90 #2 Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26486 battles
  • [DID0] DID0
Your winrate is directly related to your battle performance.

Better performances = Better win rate over a good sample size.

You're asking how people get their fun through focussing on statistics? They don't. They get their fun by knowing how to play the game and being reasonably good at it.

Personally, I don't see how averaging less than 1 shot of damage per battle is fun, but some people seem to have fun doing it.

Of course toxicity in game is bad but It will always exist, in some form or another. Either ignore it, or get better so you aren't the focus of it.

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24686 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostScaleop123, on 05 December 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

I also don't understand how a winrate that strictly depends from LOSS or VICTORY says much about your personal skill?

It shows your personal skill over a large number of battles in a pixel tank game.

For some people there is fun in winning, for others.....there is excuses.

Scaleop123 #4 Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5670 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 05 December 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

It shows your personal skill over a large number of battles in a pixel tank game.

For some people there is fun in winning, for others.....there is excuses.

I like to win too, but as the victory is strongly dependend from your team, not only one individual, I can barely influence it.

View PostRamRaid90, on 05 December 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

Your winrate is directly related to your battle performance.

Better performances = Better win rate over a good sample size.

You're asking how people get their fun through focussing on statistics? They don't. They get their fun by knowing how to play the game and being reasonably good at it.

Personally, I don't see how averaging less than 1 shot of damage per battle is fun, but some people seem to have fun doing it.

Of course toxicity in game is bad but It will always exist, in some form or another. Either ignore it, or get better so you aren't the focus of it.

Wrong.

If you get 3 kills every single match, but your team is still a bunch of losers, your winrate will still go down as you keep losing matches.

Or are you telling me the WINrate depends from other factors too? From what I know, it does not. It depends from victory and defeat. That YOU also influence a match is obvious, but only to a small extend. Unless you are some pro who gets 8-9 kills every match.

I think a real pro has a winrate of 100% and everything below is normalo anyway.

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24686 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostScaleop123, on 05 December 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

I like to win too, but as the victory is strongly dependend from your team, not only one individual, I can barely influence it.

Wrong.

If you get 3 kills every single match, but your team is still a bunch of losers, your winrate will still go down as you keep losing matches.

Or are you telling me the WINrate depends from other factors too? From what I know, it does not. It depends from victory and defeat. That YOU also influence a match is obvious, but only to a small extend. Unless you are some pro who gets 8-9 kills every match.

I think a real pro has a winrate of 100% and everything below is normalo anyway.

You can influence games over a period of time....that's the point of the statistics and what they show.

'Getting three kills every single match, but your team is a bunch of losers' is not a comment based on the reality of what's actually happening in the game, that's just a thought that popped into your head as an excuse to distance yourself from your overall results.

RamRaid90 #6 Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26486 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostScaleop123, on 05 December 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

You are exactly this kind of person that ruins the game for most.

Wrong. The people who ruin the game for most are those that clearly have zero idea how to play and spend most of their time staring at walls or camping in useless positions.

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24686 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostScaleop123, on 05 December 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

Not sure if this is your way to discuss or something funny to you, but making accusations that are not true is not really contributing to the topic. You are exactly this kind of person that ruins the game for most.

In fact, I have not even checked my statistics for the last 2 years.

You've proposed a scenario of getting three kills every single game while playing with losers.......that is not the reality of the game. So, try not to make stuff up if you want to be taken seriously. You see I didn't make an accusation, I just pointed out that you are making stuff up, that is a fact.

I don't blame you for not checking your statistics......it's scary.

Homer_J #8 Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:24 PM

Field Marshal

• 33120 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostScaleop123, on 05 December 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

LoL...

Before I read any more that's enough to hit the lock button.

If after reading through it I think the thread can be saved I will unlock it again.

Edited by Homer_J, 05 December 2019 - 09:39 PM.

Homer_J #9 Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

Field Marshal

• 33120 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Ok, I've run through it and it stays closed.

If you want to discuss statistics then use this thread but be sure to have read through it first, you may learn something - I did.

20:41 Added after 6 minute
I have also removed some of the least constructive posts to save on red ink.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users