ELC EVEN 90 Equipment Crew LT Viewrange Cammo

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Dava_117 #1 Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:54 PM

Major General

• 23514 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Good day forumites!

Yesterday I became one of the paying costumer after getting the last 1000 gold I needed to buy the ELC EVEN 90. 

I already played the tank as I had a rental. But now that I bought it I was thinking about the best way not only to equip it, but also to balance its characteristics based on my playstyle. 

Let me explain. From what I know, the tank major selling point is cammo, so the first thing I did was setting cammo skill on gunner and driver. I also put up a cammo net, binos and vents (because are dirty cheap). 

Now that I got it, I was thinking about changing net and binos with V-stab and optics. Without food, the VR would became close to 460m, so over the maximum spotting range. This setup would also help the gun, but also reduce cammo value of the tank, so I asked myself if this setup is actually the best or is just a bad way to compensate for the bad tank components while ignoring the strong points. Should I instead keep net and binos and sit i  a bush all game? Or doing the silent assassin, zipping around, hitting unaware tanks with optics and V-stab is feasible too?

Am I missing something? Maybe there are other settings I didn't thought about, to balance VR increment while also increasing cammo. Any input is well accepted. 

Thank you all. :)

GodTank2 #2 Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9445 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

I would say put V-stabs and optics. The tank already has good camo so you dont need a camo net and if you can get above 445 view range with optics then there is no point of using binos except from some tanks like tds.

If not V-stabs then put ventilation

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44092 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Vents.

Optics.

VSTAB.

Edit: Play almost all of my LT's with that setup :)

Edited by Erwin_Von_Braun, 07 December 2019 - 03:20 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:22 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35764 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Depends how you like to play. If you want to make build that maxes vision/stealth there's something to be said for optics/binos/camo. Let's you active and passive spot. 

Mr_Burrows #5 Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50739 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

I run improved vents, improved Vstab and binos. Crew is close to 7 skills. I also run food. Having binos on my setup does not improve WR much, only a few meters, but it does "burn through" some camo quite nicely once they kick in. Having optics makes no diff what so ever since I got full recon, full sit awareness, BIA and all other bells n whistles. 

I know having binos is counter intuitive to many, but for me I have found it works better than coated. YMMW. 

Dava_117 #6 Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:07 PM

Major General

• 23514 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 07 December 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

Depends how you like to play. If you want to make build that maxes vision/stealth there's something to be said for optics/binos/camo. Let's you active and passive spot. 

I don't like much passive spotting. I do it sometime, for LT mission, but I prefere active scouting and stealthy flanking. The tank is really funny played it this way, but don't know if it's the best way.

View PostMr_Burrows, on 07 December 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

I run improved vents, improved Vstab and binos. Crew is close to 7 skills. I also run food. Having binos on my setup does not improve WR much, only a few meters, but it does "burn through" some camo quite nicely once they kick in. Having optics makes no diff what so ever since I got full recon, full sit awareness, BIA and all other bells n whistles. 

I know having binos is counter intuitive to many, but for me I have found it works better than coated. YMMW. 

Can I ask you how do you usually play ELC EVEN 90? May really help me. :)

divsmo #7 Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38688 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostDava_117, on 07 December 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

I don't like much passive spotting. I do it sometime, for LT mission, but I prefere active scouting and stealthy flanking. The tank is really funny played it this way, but don't know if it's the best way.

3 MOE mine a while back but haven't played it much recently, unfortunately passive scouting was the way to go. You can get away with putting it into bushes that wouldn't work for other lights because it is so small. 

The gun can let it down as well due to the low pen so i tend to carry a healthy dose of premium shells.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 07 December 2019 - 06:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75589 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Personally, I ran vents, camo net and binocs. As I mainly use it as a passive scout early on, then bully late game. As the 56% stationary camo and 520m view range really helps to counter enemy campers and passive spotters. As I did run it with optics for a bit, but it did not work as well for that role then for my taste.

AeyT #9 Posted 07 December 2019 - 06:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7370 battles

View PostDava_117, on 07 December 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Good day forumites!

Yesterday I became one of the paying costumer after getting the last 1000 gold I needed to buy the ELC EVEN 90.

Wait you played 22 thousand battles completely F2P? :O

Dava_117 #10 Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:24 PM

Major General

• 23514 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAeyT, on 07 December 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

Yep. I got few gift by friends along the years, but yesterday spent my first money in the game. :)

Venom7000 #11 Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8161 battles

View PostAeyT, on 07 December 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

While the battle number is high. Its not unheard off.

For you to enjoy the game free you just need: 1 decent premium (or regular kv2. Since its derp its cheap to run and nets nice credits).

I manage to net a zero balance or a decent profit buy playing my defender at the end of the play day. Just dont expect to use food.

Frankly WG gave out some nice credit makers over the years with those missions. I have a nice M10 french td that also can help with costs of free to play acc.

Yesterday I got my premium acc for 24hr. Its ridiculous how much easier it is to make profit even in bad games. Ffs they give you 50k silver just for playing each day.

Mr_Burrows #12 Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50739 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostDava_117, on 07 December 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

It differs so immensely depending on map. 

Open maps like Sand River is the best, by far. Open field at Siegfried Line is also really good. There is this neat safe zone at the edge of your view range where the enemy will not spot you when you fire. Use that to whatever extent you can. 
I passive scout some, but not as much as I used to. This because you cannot rely on people ever hitting what you light up. Just do not rely on your team when playing a light tank, not even those that are, on paper, better than you.

(Lost a fight recently due to a unicum going on chat saying "field is useless" on Malinovka encounter, so I got no sniper support when going there as all the yellows and reds stayed with "big brotah". What I did though is that I intercepted enemy Progetto and EVEN, and hit the Prog for 440, then hightailed back. We finally lost that battle with me as the second to last on my team, the unicum the last dying not 100 meters from where he spawned. Enemy had 2 survivors. The Progetto had 185 hp left (he did over 4 K dmg that battle), and the remaining enemy arty was full HP.  We would have won that battle with just one sniper in support... So no, do not trust your team, they have to prove themselves to you.)

I never rely on my gun to pen all three shots when doing a drive by. So I always, or most of the time anyway, count on that I will do 440 dmg, and calculate my drive bys accordingly. 
I only load prem rounds, besides 9 HE for wheelies. 

Do not overextend your firing position stay. Get 2 shots off, then dodge. 3 only if at range and with just turret sticking up. 

Stay hidden but do get out if you realize your team is melting away. 

I will never 3-mark mine. As best I was at place 13 in the Hall of Fame, but I did not get to 95%. I am steadily hovering in the 80-85% range, so perhaps it is me who needs advice and should not give any... 

Dava_117 #13 Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:25 PM

Major General

• 23514 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMr_Burrows, on 07 December 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

*Well detailed post*

Thank you very much. Being on top 15 on hall of fame with a tank means you know how to use it, 3 MoE or not. :great:

Will take those suggestion in account! :)

vasilinhorulezz #14 Posted 08 December 2019 - 08:22 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29047 battles
ELC is a bush wanker tank, camo is not crucial when hiding inside a bush, because it already has good camo (over 40% with camo crew), and you get the bonus from the bush, so even without a camo net you're still pretty hard to get spotted. What you need is view range and it doesn't have the best (still, it's 380, enough to get max view range somewhat easy), optimal setup is Vents/optics?V-stab.

RaxipIx #15 Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35875 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I have on it Vents/Vstab/Optics almost all my LT's have this setup, with food  481 VR with my crew. I don't think camo net is  needed, since an elc can pretty much only be spotted by proxy if sitting in a bush correctly, or if you break camo while shooting.

After playing with it a few battles, i  think dropping  Vstab and picking up Binocs, just to burn enemy camper camo even more.

Why will i drop Vstab? Because the way i see it the ELC is not really a dmg dealing tank, and if you are shooting  you have probably time to aim the shot well since you are mostly shooting without being spotted. So what Vstab gives is a minor difference on the gun handling.

Dava_117 #16 Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:14 AM

Major General

• 23514 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRaxipIx, on 08 December 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

I have on it Vents/Vstab/Optics almost all my LT's have this setup, with food  481 VR with my crew. I don't think camo net is  needed, since an elc can pretty much only be spotted by proxy if sitting in a bush correctly, or if you break camo while shooting.

After playing with it a few battles, i  think dropping  Vstab and picking up Binocs, just to burn enemy camper camo even more.

Why will i drop Vstab? Because the way i see it the ELC is not really a dmg dealing tank, and if you are shooting  you have probably time to aim the shot well since you are mostly shooting without being spotted. So what Vstab gives is a minor difference on the gun handling.

This is indeed an unexpected setup, taking into account that V-Stab is frequently considered as the most important and mandatory equip.

But is actually easy to test, so will surely give it a try. Thanks Raxi. :)

Mr_Burrows #17 Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:19 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50739 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

I think that for doing well, even in a light tank (pun unintentional), you have to deal a lot of damage. This goes back to the fact that you as a single player cannot count on your team. It does not matter if you outspot the entire enemy gang, if your team members cannot hit shite. I have played 2 games this morning in my new shiny Golden EVEN, and in the first game I did 2200 dmg and spotted for another 2K or so, and in the second game I did 1.6 dmg for a combined of 4.5K. Both times I played a crucial role in getting the enemy lines untangled so that we could win. To do that I could not merely spot, I had to deal own damage. And that is a bit hard with a potato gun that delivers an average of 220 per shot (only 90 mm gun in the entire game that does not have an average of 240 dmg - go figure) and has a dpm just shy of 1100. 

So to play the EVEN somewhat successfully, imho, you have to do three things: Spot , live longdeal damage. And you have to do it in that order. Spot for your team. But take shots when you realize you got a chance to both hit/pen and escape. Rush to cover, reload (for a painstaking 29 seconds if your crew is rather fresh) and go back and try again. 

I would not drop Vstab. I find it much useful, so useful that I got the one for bonds. 
But this is all me. Others have done way better than I have. 

Edit for spelling... 

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 08 December 2019 - 10:23 AM.

Joggaman #18 Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:30 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25549 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDava_117, on 07 December 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

Yep. I got few gift by friends along the years, but yesterday spent my first money in the game. :)

Also, EVEN is a really fun tank! I'm more of the passive kind, and it fits well for it. And when/if you get spotted, you can dodge bullets like Neo. 

Leroy_Jenkinss #19 Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14127 battles
OP listen to me i 3 marked Elc even in one week of playing it on some random acount that i made to try it out with rental code.
Cammo net is USELLES on light tanks period.
You need to be first line spotter at the start of the match and the cammo net will not help you at all in trying to get to that agresive spotting bush at the start of the game and on the tanks like ELC that have more than 40% cammo when pimped out its just wasted slot.
Use Optics Vents and Binocs.
Why
Optics and Vents its simple you use that on every light tank to help you spot on the move while remaining unspotted.
Binocs now lots of ppl will tell you that runing both binocs and optics is waste but its not.Its one of the best setups you can run on light tanks with less than 400m base view range.Especially on Elc it has bad dpm and bad gun so you will not find yourself sniping and dealing ton of dmg so Gun laying drive and V-stabs are uselles on that tank.
Your ELC have very good cammo its very small tank its relativly fast and hard to hit and it have 750 alpha clip.So you basically employ hit and run tactics.Spot at the start become assasin late game when there is more room to work with cammo and spotting mechanics.Its same gameplay really as tier 5 Elc with 90mm gun.Quite nice and funny little tank to play to bad i spend my money on T92 other day i would relly like Elc Even on my main acount.

Mr_Burrows #20 Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50739 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Clip is 680, not 750. EVEN has 220 per shot unlike all other 90mm guns in game. Jusy sayin. 

Also tagged with ELC EVEN 90, Equipment, Crew, LT, Viewrange, Cammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users